1. Imperial dynasty that ruled China (most of the time) from 206 BC to 221 and expanded its boundaries and developed its bureaucracy.
4. Having a smooth, gleaming surface.
9. A game in which numbered balls are drawn and random and players cover the corresponding numbers on their cards.
13. Not reflecting light.
16. A constellation in the southern hemisphere near Telescopium and Norma.
17. A province in north-central China.
18. Any of various strong liquors distilled from the fermented sap of toddy palms or from fermented molasses.
19. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
20. (usually preceded by `in') A detail or point.
22. A city of central Russia south of Moscow.
24. The federal agency that insures residential mortgages.
25. A long steep slope or cliff at the edge of a plateau or ridge.
26. North American republic containing 50 states - 48 conterminous states in North America plus Alaska in northwest North America and the Hawaiian Islands in the Pacific Ocean.
29. Exhibiting or restored to vigorous good health.
31. A woman hired to suckle a child of someone else.
33. Of or pertaining to or written in Altaic.
36. (Old Testament) The first of the major Hebrew prophets (8th century BC).
39. Cubes of meat marinated and cooked on a skewer usually with vegetables.
42. A diacritical mark (an inverted circumflex) placed above certain letters (such as c) to indicate pronunciation.
44. A heavy silvery toxic univalent and bivalent metallic element.
45. A silvery soft waxy metallic element of the alkali metal group.
46. An Arabic speaking person who lives in Arabia or North Africa.
50. Wild sheep of northern Africa.
52. Government agency created in 1974 to license and regulate nuclear power plants.
54. Try to manage without help.
55. Canadian hockey player (born 1948).
56. A Dravidian language spoken in south central India.
58. Having the color of a canary.
62. (Greek mythology) A Titan who was forced by Zeus to bear the sky on his shoulders.
63. Paralysis of the vocal cords resulting in an inability to speak.
64. Italian violin maker in Cremona.
65. Reduced in strength or concentration or quality or purity.
67. Cry plaintively.
68. Russian founder of the Bolsheviks and leader of the Russian Revolution and first head of the USSR (1870-1924).
69. Pertaining to one of the small sacs (as in a compound gland).
71. Colony of the United Kingdom located on a limestone promontory at the southern tip of Spain.
73. A ductile gray metallic element of the lanthanide series.
74. The longest division of geological time.
76. A river in north central Switzerland that runs northeast into the Rhine.
78. The capital and largest city of Yemen.
85. A unit of absorbed ionizing radiation equal to 100 ergs per gram of irradiated material.
88. (Irish) Mother of the ancient Irish gods.
89. (British) A person without employment who makes money by various dubious schemes.
91. Small beads made from polished shells and formerly used as money by native Americans.
93. An easy return of a tennis ball in a high arc.
94. The basic unit of money in Ghana.
95. Other than what is under consideration or implied.
96. Harsh or corrosive in tone.
97. The 19th letter of the Greek alphabet.
98. Paying particular notice (as to children or helpless people).
99. The sixth month of the civil year.
100. A quantity of no importance.
1. Unpleasantly stern.
2. Any of several tall tropical palms native to southeastern Asia having egg-shaped nuts.
3. Of or in or relating to the nose.
4. A large round wicker basket (used on farms).
5. Resinlike substance secreted by certain lac insects.
6. Land received by fee tail v 1.
7. A radioactive transuranic element produced by bombarding plutonium with neutrons.
8. A famous waterfall in Venezuela.
9. Bushy plant of Old World salt marshes and sea beaches having prickly leaves.
10. Annual to perennial herbs of the Mediterranean region.
11. Shrub bearing oval-fruited kumquats.
12. A Turkish unit of weight equal to about 2.75 pounds.
13. A Chadic language spoken south of Lake Chad.
14. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
15. An official language of the Republic of South Africa.
21. Manufactured in standard sizes to be shipped and assembled elsewhere.
23. A colorless and odorless inert gas.
27. A colorless poisonous gas.
28. God of wealth and love.
30. A white soft metallic element that tarnishes readily.
32. The residue that remains when something is burned.
34. A steep part of a glacier resembling a frozen waterfall.
35. Grown for its thickened edible aromatic root.
37. Of or relating to an inability to urinate.
38. A very thin line.
40. Having no fixed course.
41. Aerobic rod-shaped spore-producing bacterium.
43. Kenyan statesman and the first president of independent Kenya (1893-1978).
47. (Akkadian) God of wisdom.
48. A rechargeable battery with a nickel cathode and a cadmium anode.
49. A doctor's degree in religion.
51. Relating to or characteristic of people of Rome.
53. The visual percept of a region.
57. Statesman who led Northern Rhodesia to full independence as Zambia in 1964 and served as Zambia's first president (born in 1924).
59. Small tree of dry open parts of southern Africa having erect angled branches suggesting candelabra.
60. A high-crowned black cap (usually made of felt or sheepskin) worn by men in Turkey and Iran and the Caucasus.
61. An independent ruler or chieftain (especially in Africa or Arabia).
66. A cgs unit of work or energy.
70. Distinguished from Bovidae by the male's having solid deciduous antlers.
72. (South African) A camp defended by a circular formation of wagons.
73. Unknown god.
75. Greek mythology.
76. Being one more than fifty.
77. Any plant of the genus Erica.
78. (astronomy) The angular distance of a celestial point measured westward along the celestial equator from the zenith crossing.
79. Small buffalo of the Celebes having small straight horns.
80. (Babylonian) God of wisdom and agriculture and patron of scribes and schools.
81. United States writer (born in Poland) who wrote in Yiddish (1880-1957).
82. An officer who acts as military assistant to a more senior officer.
83. Cut off the testicles.
84. An independent agency of the United States government responsible for aviation and spaceflight.
86. Lacking sufficient water or rainfall.
87. An informal term for a father.
90. Liquid excretory product.
91. Being nine more than forty.
92. A local computer network for communication between computers.