1. A knockout declared by the referee who judges one boxer unable to continue.
4. A measuring instrument for measuring and indicating a quantity or for testing conformity with a standard.
9. Type genus of the Apidae.
13. Your general store of remembered information.
16. An international organization of European countries formed after World War II to reduce trade barriers and increase cooperation among its members.
17. (of complexion) Blemished by imperfections of the skin.
18. Concerning those not members of the clergy.
19. A constellation in the southern hemisphere near Telescopium and Norma.
20. A genus of evergreen shrub that grows in New Zealand.
22. Any of various spiny trees or shrubs of the genus Acacia.
24. Used in combination to denote the middle.
25. City in Sudan.
26. At or nearest to the top.
27. An island of central Hawaii.
29. (Hinduism) An ascetic holy man.
32. Consisting of or made of wood of the oak tree.
33. A destructive and contagious bacterial disease of horses that can be transmitted to humans.
37. (Scotland) A landowner.
41. A cry or noise made to express displeasure or contempt.
42. Predatory black-and-white toothed whale with large dorsal fin.
46. English essayist (1775-1834).
47. A woman who is engaged to be married.
51. A unit of information equal to 1024 bytes.
52. A logarithmic unit of sound intensity.
54. A particular geographical region of indefinite boundary (usually serving some special purpose or distinguished by its people or culture or geography).
55. An antibiotic (trade name Nebcin) that is especially effective against gram-negative bacteria.
56. A town of Denmark in north central Jutland.
59. Molten rock in the earth's crust.
62. A strong emotion.
63. (Irish) Mother of the ancient Irish gods.
64. The branch of computer science that deal with writing computer programs that can solve problems creatively.
65. Of or relating to or involving an area.
66. A linguistic element added to a word to produce an inflected or derived form v 1.
68. Large hawk of the northern hemisphere that feeds chiefly on small rodents and is beneficial to farmers.
70. A former agency (from 1946 to 1974) that was responsible for research into atomic energy and its peacetime uses in the United States.
71. A Russian river.
72. Fallow deer.
73. The iridescent internal layer of a mollusk shell.
77. A silvery ductile metallic element found primarily in bauxite.
78. A very poisonous metallic element that has three allotropic forms.
80. A soft silvery metallic element of the alkali earth group.
81. A dark-skinned member of a race of people living in Australia when Europeans arrived.
82. Set down according to a plan.
84. A genus of Sterninae.
87. Tropical American tree producing cacao beans.
90. Bottle that has a narrow neck.
93. Type genus of the Cariamidae comprising only the crested cariama.
95. Floor covering consisting of a piece of thick heavy fabric (usually with nap or pile).
97. Aircraft landing in bad weather in which the pilot is talked down by ground control using precision approach radar.
98. English prelate noted for his pessimistic sermons and articles (1860-1954).
99. Cheese containing a blue mold.
101. A three-tone Chadic language.
102. A barrier constructed to contain the flow or water or to keep out the sea.
103. A material effigy that is worshipped as a god.
104. A musical work that has been created.
105. The act of scanning.
106. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
1. The time of life between the ages of 12 and 20.
2. A republic in eastern Africa.
3. The cardinal number that is the sum of seven and one.
4. (Arthurian legend) The most virtuous knight of the Round Table.
5. (informal) Of the highest quality.
6. Relatively small fast-moving sloth.
7. A brittle gray crystalline element that is a semiconducting metalloid (resembling silicon) used in transistors.
8. Mild yellow Dutch cheese made in balls.
9. By bad luck.
10. A written agreement between two states or sovereigns.
11. Being one more than two.
12. Of or relating to a directionless magnitude.
13. A genus of Lamnidae.
14. Of the nature of or undergoing an experiment.
15. Genus of sticky herbs with yellow flowers open in morning or evening but closed in bright light.
21. An imaginary place of great wealth and opportunity.
23. A state of deep and often prolonged unconsciousness.
28. Become imbued.
30. A monarchy in northwestern Europe occupying most of the British Isles.
31. The corporate executive responsible for the operations of the firm.
34. (mathematics) Directly proportional.
35. The compass point that is one point east (clockwise) of due north.
36. Mature female of mammals of which the male is called `buck'.
38. A person with albinism.
39. Being one more than one.
40. Brief episode in which the brain gets insufficient blood supply.
43. A port city of northeastern Brazil on the Atlantic.
44. A genus of Anatidae.
45. Of or pertaining to adnexa.
48. Dry brandy distilled in the Armagnac district of France.
49. An enclosure made or wire or metal bars in which birds or animals are kept.
50. English monk and scholar (672-735).
53. Hindu sacred text instructing the Brahmins to perform the Vedic rituals.
57. (computer science) A data transmission rate (bits/second) for modems.
58. A river that rises in western New Mexico and flows westward through southern Arizona to become a tributary of the Colorado River.
60. A flat-bottomed volcanic crater that was formed by an explosion.
61. On or toward the lee.
67. An implement consisting of handle with a free swinging stick at the end.
69. (Bible) The archangel who was the messenger of God.
70. (Arthurian legend) The most virtuous knight of the Round Table.
74. A tablet placed horizontally on top of the capital of a column as an aid in supporting the architrave.
75. A South American shrub whose leaves are chewed by natives of the Andes.
76. A woman's dress style that imitates the caftan cloaks worn by men in the Near East.
79. A support or foundation.
80. A slight amount or degree of difference.
83. (Irish) Chief god of the Tuatha De Danann.
85. (used as a sentenced connector) Therefore or consequently.
86. A platform raised above the surrounding level to give prominence to the person on it.
88. Studies intended to provide general knowledge and intellectual skills (rather than occupational or professional skills).
89. An organization of countries formed in 1961 to agree on a common policy for the sale of petroleum.
91. Someone who works (or provides workers) during a strike.
92. God of love and erotic desire.
94. Any high mountain.
96. A period marked by distinctive character or reckoned from a fixed point or event.
97. A colorless and odorless inert gas.
100. A bivalent and trivalent metallic element of the rare earth group.