1. Ratio of the adjacent side to the hypotenuse.
4. Cud-chewing mammal used as a draft or saddle animal in desert regions.
9. (anatomy) A somewhat rounded subdivision of a bodily organ or part.
13. A federally chartered savings bank.
16. Electrical conduction through a gas in an applied electric field.
17. A promontory in northern Morocco opposite the Rock of Gibraltar.
18. The sixth month of the civil year.
19. A slippery or viscous liquid or liquefiable substance not miscible with water.
20. Capital and largest city of Yugoslavia.
22. Of or relating to or characteristic of the former Soviet Union or its people.
24. A benevolent aspect of Devi.
25. Bottle made from the dried shell of a bottle gourd.
26. A low area where the land is saturated with water.
28. The amount a salary is increased.
30. Largest known toad species.
32. A soft silvery metallic element of the alkali earth group.
34. Greek mythology.
37. Cruel or inhumane treatment.
40. In bed.
42. A republic in southeastern Europe.
46. The act of flexing.
47. English monk and scholar (672-735).
48. A soft silvery metallic element of the alkali metal group.
49. One millionth of a gram.
50. A state in the western United States.
51. Pain during urination.
54. A state in northwestern United States on the Pacific.
55. A state in north central United States.
56. A dry scab formed on the skin following a burn or cauterization of the skin.
58. Of or belonging to an aecium.
61. (of persons) Highest in rank or authority or office.
64. A member of the Siouan people of the northern Mississippi valley.
65. A hard gray lustrous metallic element that is highly corrosion-resistant.
66. Fermented alcoholic beverage similar to but heavier than beer.
67. Cubes of meat marinated and cooked on a skewer usually with vegetables.
68. Farm consisting of a large tract of land along with facilities needed to raise livestock (especially cattle).
70. A blue dye obtained from plants or made synthetically.
73. A particular geographical region of indefinite boundary (usually serving some special purpose or distinguished by its people or culture or geography).
75. An official prosecutor for a judicial district.
76. A midwestern state in north central United States in the Great Lakes region.
79. (astronomy) The angular distance of a celestial point measured westward along the celestial equator from the zenith crossing.
82. By bad luck.
84. (Jungian psychology) The inner self (not the external persona) that is in touch with the unconscious.
86. Talk pompously.
88. An irrational but irresistible motive for a belief or action.
92. The eighth month of the civil year.
93. (computer science) A coding system that incorporates extra parity bits in order to detect errors.
94. Any of numerous local fertility and nature deities worshipped by ancient Semitic peoples.
96. English essayist (1775-1834).
98. Medium-sized tree having glossy lanceolate leaves.
99. (meaning literally `born') Used to indicate the maiden or family name of a married woman.
100. A cruel wicked and inhuman person.
101. Being two more than forty.
102. Clarified butter used in Indian cookery.
1. Open-heart surgery in which the rib cage is opened and a section of a blood vessel is grafted from the aorta to the coronary artery to bypass the blocked section of the coronary artery and improve the blood supply to the heart.
2. Chocolate cookie with white cream filling.
3. A place that is scoured (especially by running water) v 1.
4. The opening into the stomach and that part of the stomach connected to the esophagus.
5. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
6. Occurring during the middle of the week.
7. Angular distance above the horizon (especially of a celestial object).
8. Immediately past.
9. Rock that in its molten form (as magma) issues from volcanos.
10. (Norse mythology) Ruler of the Aesir.
11. English monk and scholar (672-735).
12. The universal time coordinated when an event is received on Earth.
13. French physicist who determined the speed of light and showed that it travels slower in water than in air.
14. Rock that form the continuous lower layer of the earth's crust.
15. Divulge information or secrets.
21. The father of your father or mother.
23. An informal word (abstracted from words with this ending) for some unidentified branch of knowledge.
27. Devoid of brightness or appeal.
29. Rebuffed (by a lover) without warning.
31. A rare silvery (usually trivalent) metallic element.
33. A town in western Washington.
35. Any of various strong liquors distilled from the fermented sap of toddy palms or from fermented molasses.
36. Beyond what is natural.
38. A protective structure of stone or concrete.
39. Let or forced out of the lungs.
41. The capital and largest city of Japan.
43. The blood group whose red cells carry both the A and B antigens.
44. An immunosuppressive drug (trade name Imuran) used to prevent rejection of a transplanted organ.
45. Superclass of eel-shaped chordates lacking jaws and pelvic fins.
52. (Old Testament) The first of the major Hebrew prophets (8th century BC).
53. New Zealand conifer.
57. An endocrine secretion that is transmitted by the blood to the tissue on which it has a specific effect.
59. (Akkadian) God of wisdom.
60. The United Nations agency concerned with atomic energy.
62. Acting according to certain accepted standards.
63. The basic unit of money in Gambia.
69. Wheelwork consisting of a connected set of rotating gears by which force is transmitted or motion or torque is changed.
70. French physicist who determined the speed of light and showed that it travels slower in water than in air.
71. Surface layer of ground containing a matt of grass and grass roots.
72. At risk of or subject to experiencing something usually unpleasant.
74. The 17th letter of the Greek alphabet.
77. The sensation that results when olfactory receptors in the nose are stimulated by particular chemicals in gaseous form.
78. A white metallic element that burns with a brilliant light.
80. Any distinct time period in a sequence of events.
81. Suggestive of the supernatural.
83. A cord that is drawn through eyelets or around hooks in order to draw together two edges (as of a shoe or garment).
84. An ancient city of Sumer located on a former channel of the Euphrates River.
85. A large genus of dicotyledonous trees and shrubs of the family Aquifoliaceae that have small flowers and berries (including hollies).
87. An Indian nursemaid who looks after children.
89. A dark-skinned member of a race of people living in Australia when Europeans arrived.
90. A river in north central Switzerland that runs northeast into the Rhine.
91. Of or relating to or characteristic of Thailand of its people.
95. A soft white precious univalent metallic element having the highest electrical and thermal conductivity of any metal.
97. Being one more than one.