1. (of music or art) New and of general appeal (especially among young people).
4. Wild sheep of semidesert regions in central Asia.
9. A platform raised above the surrounding level to give prominence to the person on it.
13. Of southern Europe.
16. A constellation in the southern hemisphere near Telescopium and Norma.
17. A game in which numbered balls are drawn and random and players cover the corresponding numbers on their cards.
18. Radioactive iodine test that measures the amount of radioactive iodine taken up by the thyroid gland.
19. Aircraft landing in bad weather in which the pilot is talked down by ground control using precision approach radar.
20. A steep descent of the water of a river.
22. Serving temporarily especially as a substitute.
24. Tag the base runner to get him out.
25. Type genus of the Alcidae comprising solely the razorbill.
26. A disease caused by deficiency of niacin or tryptophan (or by a defect in the metabolic conversion of tryptophan to niacin).
27. A member of a seafaring group of North American Indians who lived on the Pacific coast of British Columbia and southwestern Alaska.
28. Being ten more than one hundred ninety.
29. A former copper coin of Pakistan.
32. Nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory (trade name Dolobid) used to treat arthritis and other inflammatory conditions.
35. A person forced to flee from home or country.
38. Open-heart surgery in which the rib cage is opened and a section of a blood vessel is grafted from the aorta to the coronary artery to bypass the blocked section of the coronary artery and improve the blood supply to the heart.
42. A unit of energy equal to the work done by an electron accelerated through a potential difference of 1 volt.
43. A licensed medical practitioner.
45. Decay usually accompanied by an offensive odor.
47. A mountain peak in the southern Sinai Peninsula (7,500 feet high).
48. (prefix) Half or partial.
50. A cut of pork ribs with much of the meat trimmed off.
52. A city in northern India.
53. Small jar.
55. A port city in southwestern Iran.
57. Climbing palm of Sri Lanka and southern India remarkable for the great length of the stems which are used for Malacca canes.
59. Having the wind against the forward side of the sails.
60. Remaining after all deductions.
61. One of the most common of the five major classes of immunoglobulins.
62. A hard gray lustrous metallic element that is highly corrosion-resistant.
63. Machine tool for shaping metal or wood.
64. A painful emotion resulting from an awareness of inadequacy or guilt.
66. The 2nd letter of the Greek alphabet.
68. Ancient Athenian philosopher.
70. An intensely radioactive metallic element that occurs in minute amounts in uranium ores.
72. A very poisonous metallic element that has three allotropic forms.
73. Having few if any teeth.
75. A substance produced by the hypothalamus that is capable of accelerating the secretion of a given hormone by the anterior pituitary gland.
76. A small constellation in the polar region of the southern hemisphere near Dorado and Carina.
79. A brittle gray crystalline element that is a semiconducting metalloid (resembling silicon) used in transistors.
80. A soft silvery metallic element of the alkali earth group.
83. Cut the head of.
87. A Bantu language spoken by the Kamba people in Kenya.
90. Noisy talk.
93. Any culture medium that uses agar as the gelling agent.
94. The sixth month of the civil year.
96. A woman hired to suckle a child of someone else.
99. United States liquid unit equal to 4 quarts or 3.785 liters.
100. A motor vehicle with two wheels and a strong frame.
101. A small cake leavened with yeast.
102. Large genus of tropical subshrubs or herbs some of which yield fibers of mucilaginous substances.
103. A strong emotion.
104. Employed in accomplishing something.
105. According to the Old Testament he was a pagan king of Israel and husband of Jezebel (9th century BC).
106. A pilgrimage to Mecca.
107. A lyric poem with complex stanza forms.
1. Large burrowing rodent of South and Central America.
2. Using speech rather than writing.
3. A unit of pressure equal to one newton per square meter.
4. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
5. Succulent carpet-forming plant having small brilliant reddish-pink flowers.
6. (Greek mythology) Goddess of the earth and mother of Cronus and the Titans in ancient mythology.
7. An associate degree in nursing.
8. Filled with a great quantity.
9. An honorary arts degree.
10. Injure or wound seriously and leave permanent disfiguration or mutilation.
11. A container.
12. Expresses an emotional, practical, or other reason for doing something.
13. God of fire.
14. Any of a number of fishes of the family Carangidae.
15. A metabolic acid found in yeast and liver cells.
21. Pertaining to or characteristic of a body of rules and principles accepted as axiomatic.
23. Being one more than one hundred.
28. Of or belonging to an aecium.
30. A soft gray ductile metallic element used in alloys.
31. The blood group whose red cells carry both the A and B antigens.
33. Too old to be useful.
34. Amino acid that is formed in the liver and converted into dopamine in the brain.
36. Someone who attacks in search of booty.
37. A person who is deemed to be despicable or contemptible.
39. Any disease of the throat or fauces marked by spasmodic attacks of intense suffocative pain.
40. Someone who operates a barge.
41. A female giant.
44. An esoteric or occult matter that is traditionally secret.
46. Any of various herbaceous plants of the genus Atriplex that thrive in deserts and salt marshes.
49. Cause to undergo mutation.
51. The capital of Morocco.
54. Take in solid food.
56. Thickening of tissue in the motor tracts of the lateral columns and anterior horns of the spinal cord.
58. Plant with an elongated head of broad stalked leaves resembling celery.
65. Allowing passage in and out.
67. Marked by extreme anger.
68. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
69. A three-year law degree.
71. 100 avos equal 1 pataca.
74. A beverage made by steeping tea leaves in water.
77. A Russian river.
78. (of tempo) Leisurely n.
79. Someone who is morally reprehensible.
81. Jordan's port.
82. (folklore) A corpse that rises at night to drink the blood of the living.
84. Armor plate that protects the chest.
85. The lean flesh of a fish similar to cod.
86. A Chadic language spoken south of Lake Chad.
88. An Arabic speaking person who lives in Arabia or North Africa.
89. A vigorous blow.
91. One of a set of small pieces of stiff paper marked in various ways and used for playing games or for telling fortunes.
92. Swiss painter influenced by Kandinsky (1879-1940).
95. The longer of the two telegraphic signals used in Morse code.
97. A condition (mostly in boys) characterized by behavioral and learning disorders.
98. A pilgrimage to Mecca.