1. Slender bristlelike appendage found on the bracts of grasses.
4. (Old Testament) Cain and Abel were the first children of Adam and Eve born after the Fall of Man.
8. An edge between a sidewalk and a roadway consisting of a line of curbstones (usually forming part of a gutter).
12. A city in northwestern Syria.
16. The seat within a bishop's diocese where his cathedral is located adv.
17. A ruler of the Inca Empire (or a member of his family).
18. Of a temperature scale that registers the freezing point of water as 32 degrees F and the boiling point as 212 degrees F at one atmosphere of pressure.
19. A Chadic language spoken in northern Nigeria.
20. Imperial dynasty that ruled China (most of the time) from 206 BC to 221 and expanded its boundaries and developed its bureaucracy.
21. A city in northwest Texas south of Amarillo.
23. The highest or uppermost side of anything.
25. The Uralic language spoken by the Yeniseian people.
27. Water soaked soil.
28. Of or relating to the United States of America or its people or language or culture.
30. A cleansing agent made from the salts of vegetable or animal fats.
33. Keep in a certain state, position, or activity.
37. Being on the left side.
38. An aromatic gum resin obtained from various Arabian or East African trees.
42. An associate degree in nursing.
43. A province in north-central China.
44. A Mid-Atlantic state.
45. A chordophone that has a triangular frame consisting of a sounding board and a pillar and a curved neck.
46. Money in the form of bills or coins.
48. Of or relating to or characteristic of the Jews or their culture or religion.
51. Compete for something.
52. Small buffalo of the Celebes having small straight horns.
53. The biblical name for ancient Syria.
54. A silvery ductile metallic element found primarily in bauxite.
55. (Irish) Goddess.
56. A soft silvery metallic element of the alkali earth group.
57. East Indian evergreen tree bearing very acid fruit.
59. (of complexion) Blemished by imperfections of the skin.
62. Type genus of the Anatidae.
63. The airforce of Great Britain.
64. (usually followed by `of') Released from something onerous (especially an obligation or duty).
65. Formerly included in genus Cedrela.
66. Any of several weedy vetches grown for forage.
67. Physicist honored for advances in solid state electronics (born in Japan in 1925).
69. Moving quickly and lightly.
72. A period of time containing 365 (or 366) days.
76. Type genus of the Alcidae comprising solely the razorbill.
79. The cardinal number that is the sum of seven and one.
81. The capital and largest city of Bangladesh.
84. A young woman who is the most charming and beautiful of several rivals.
87. Affixed or as if affixed with glue or paste.
88. A member of an Indian people formerly living along the Gulf coast of Louisiana and Texas.
90. West Indian tree having racemes of fragrant white flowers and yielding a durable timber and resinous juice.
93. A master's degree in business.
94. The fleshy part of the human body that you sit on.
95. The United Nations agency concerned with atomic energy.
97. (old-fashioned) At or from or to a great distance.
98. A decree that prohibits something.
99. An ancient Hebrew unit of dry measure equal to about a bushel.
100. (prefix) Indicating difference or variation.
101. A small ball with a hole through the middle.
102. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
1. United States tennis player who was the first Black to win United States and English singles championships (1943-1993).
2. Deprive (infants) of mother's milk.
3. A Uralic language spoken by a Samoyed people of northern Siberia.
4. Class of protozoa having cilia or hairlike appendages on part or all of the surface during some part of the life cycle.
5. (Babylonian) The sky god.
6. A ballistic missile that is capable of traveling from one continent to another.
7. (Babylonian) God of wisdom and agriculture and patron of scribes and schools.
8. A fluorocarbon with chlorine.
9. Medium-sized tree-dwelling monkey of the Amazon basin.
10. A blood group antigen possessed by Rh-positive people.
11. Flemish painter of landscapes (1525-1569).
12. Strong green liqueur flavored with wormwood and anise.
13. Concerning those not members of the clergy.
14. Tropical starchy tuberous root.
15. The part of a hammerhead opposite the flat striking surface (may have various shapes).
22. A doctor's degree in optometry.
24. In favor of (an action or proposal etc.).
26. A Nilo-Saharan language spoken by the Songhai people in Mali and Niger.
29. A reformed prostitute.
31. A member of the majority people of Punjab in northwestern India.
32. (prefix) Opposite or opposing or neutralizing.
34. A habitual liar (after a New Testament character who was struck dead for lying).
35. In some classifications another name for the family Lamnidae.
36. Ctenophores lacking tentacles.
39. Capital and largest city of Cuba.
40. Of or relating to the function or production or secretion of urine.
41. English poet who wrote an allegorical romance celebrating Elizabeth I in the Spenserian stanza (1552-1599).
47. A system of solmization using the solfa syllables.
49. Italian violin maker in Cremona.
50. Small and light boat.
56. Porridge made of rolled oats.
58. The use of nuclear magnetic resonance of protons to produce proton density images.
60. Small genus of Eurasian shrubs with yellow flowers and bladdery pods.
61. An official prosecutor for a judicial district.
68. The Mongol people living the the central and eastern parts of Outer Mongolia.
69. Class of protozoa having cilia or hairlike appendages on part or all of the surface during some part of the life cycle.
70. A correctional institution used to detain persons who are in the lawful custody of the government (either accused persons awaiting trial or convicted persons serving a sentence).
71. The abode of humans in Norse mythology.
72. Strong green liqueur flavored with wormwood and anise.
73. One thousand periods per second.
74. Use explosives on.
75. Syncopated music in duple time for dancing the rumba.
77. A pause during which things are calm or activities are diminished.
78. A loud resonant repeating noise.
80. Tropical American tree producing cacao beans.
82. Cubes of meat marinated and cooked on a skewer usually with vegetables.
83. A city in southern Turkey on the Seyhan River.
85. (Akkadian) God of wisdom.
86. Any of numerous local fertility and nature deities worshipped by ancient Semitic peoples.
89. Perennial herb of East India to Polynesia and Australia cultivated for its large edible root yielding Otaheite arrowroot starch.
91. A workplace for the conduct of scientific research.
92. The cry made by sheep.
96. Angular distance above the horizon (especially of a celestial object).