1. Brightly colored and showy.
5. French couturier whose first collection in 1947 created a style (tight bodice and narrow waist and flowing pleated skirt) that became known as the New Look (1905-1957).
9. A French abbot.
13. The use of nuclear magnetic resonance of protons to produce proton density images.
16. The emotion of hate.
17. Beyond what is natural.
18. Not easy.
19. A former agency (from 1946 to 1974) that was responsible for research into atomic energy and its peacetime uses in the United States.
20. In a murderous frenzy as if possessed by a demon.
21. The dialect of Malay used as the national language of the Republic of Indonesia or of Malaysia.
23. Deciduous round-headed Asiatic tree widely grown in mild climates as an ornamental for its heart-shaped leaves and fragrant yellow-green flowers followed by hanging clusters of fleshy orange-red berries.
25. A Russian prison camp for political prisoners.
27. Letter carrier's shoulder bag.
29. Panel forming the lower part of an interior wall when it is finished differently from the rest.
30. The sign language used in the United States.
31. About three feet long exclusive of tail.
32. The United Nations agency concerned with atomic energy.
36. Liquid containing proteins and electrolytes including the liquid in blood plasma and interstitial fluid.
38. Any of various hard resins from trees of the family Dipterocarpaceae and of the genus Agathis.
42. Large herbivorous tropical American arboreal lizards with a spiny crest along the back.
47. A unit of surface area equal to 100 square meters.
48. The fleshy part of the human body that you sit on.
50. Not in.
53. Any wingless blood-sucking parasitic insect noted for ability to leap.
54. (informal) Of the highest quality.
56. The fifth day of the week.
57. United States pharmacologist (born in Germany) who was the first to show that acetylcholine is produced at the junction between a parasympathetic nerve and a muscle (1873-1961).
58. The sense organ for hearing and equilibrium.
62. Syncopated music in duple time for dancing the rumba.
64. All the animal life in a particular region.
66. Small deer of Japan with slightly forked antlers.
67. An independent agency of the United States government responsible for aviation and spaceflight.
71. Tastelessness by virtue of being cheap and vulgar.
72. A doctor's degree in optometry.
74. Comb-plate or locomotor organ consisting of a row of strong cilia whose bases are fused.
80. Not used in all classifications.
86. A river in north central Switzerland that runs northeast into the Rhine.
87. A member of the Mayan people of the Yucatan peninsula in Mexico.
89. One of two official languages of Norway.
90. One of the five major classes of immunoglobulins.
91. A city in southern Turkey on the Seyhan River.
92. (Old Testament) In Judeo-Christian mythology.
94. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
95. A zodiacal constellation in northern hemisphere between Cancer and Virgo.
96. Hungarian choreographer who developed Labanotation (1879-1958).
97. A small cake leavened with yeast.
98. Water soaked soil.
1. God of wealth and love.
2. The posterior part of the mandible that is more or less vertical.
3. An island consisting of a circular coral reef surrounding a lagoon.
4. Flightless New Zealand rail of thievish disposition having short wings each with a spur used in fighting.
5. Give a nickname to.
6. Not elegant or graceful in expression.
7. United States biochemist (born in Spain) who studied the biological synthesis of nucleic acids (born in 1905).
8. A harsh or humorous critic (sometimes intended as a facetious compliment).
9. According to the Old Testament he was a pagan king of Israel and husband of Jezebel (9th century BC).
10. A soft silvery metallic element of the alkali earth group.
11. Army unit smaller than a division.
12. A doctor's degree in education.
13. An independent group of closely related Chadic languages spoken in the area between the Biu-Mandara and East Chadic languages.
14. Scottish philosopher of common sense who opposed the ideas of David Hume (1710-1796).
15. The United Nations agency concerned with civil aviation.
22. A plaster now made mostly from Portland cement and sand and lime.
24. Mild yellow Dutch cheese made in balls.
26. A small rounded gland-like structure.
28. The branch of computer science that deal with writing computer programs that can solve problems creatively.
33. (Akkadian) God of wisdom.
34. (Greek mythology) Goddess of the earth and mother of Cronus and the Titans in ancient mythology.
35. A rare silvery (usually trivalent) metallic element.
37. An upholstered armchair.
39. A member of the Algonquian people of NE Maine and New Brunswick.
40. Of or relating to the peoples who speak the language of the Arawak.
41. Impregnate with resin to give a special flavor to, as of some Greek wines.
43. (Arthurian legend) The most virtuous knight of the Round Table.
44. A hollow muscular organ in the pelvic cavity of females.
45. Type genus of the Alcidae comprising solely the razorbill.
46. Last or greatest in an indefinitely large series.
49. Of or relating to or characteristic of Thailand of its people.
51. A flat wing-shaped process or winglike part of an organism.
52. A large number or amount.
55. Marked by excessive self-indulgence and moral decay.
59. An informal term for a father.
60. The capacitance of a capacitor that has an equal and opposite charge of 1 coulomb on each plate and a voltage difference of 1 volt between the plates.
61. A white metallic element that burns with a brilliant light.
63. A science (or group of related sciences) dealing with the logic of quantity and shape and arrangement.
65. A yellow trivalent metallic element of the rare earth group.
68. A tricycle (usually propelled by pedalling).
69. A state in midwestern United States.
70. 1 species.
73. The herd of horses from which those to be used the next day are chosen.
75. An exchange of ideas via conversation.
76. Any of several sorghums cultivated as a source of syrup.
77. The basic unit of money in Saudi Arabia.
78. A highly unstable radioactive element (the heaviest of the halogen series).
79. Cubes of meat marinated and cooked on a skewer usually with vegetables.
81. A feeling of intense anger.
82. Someone who works (or provides workers) during a strike.
83. (Islam) The man who leads prayers in a mosque.
84. (Babylonian) God of wisdom and agriculture and patron of scribes and schools.
85. Showing or causing joy and pleasure.
88. Of a light yellowish-brown color n 1.
93. An official prosecutor for a judicial district.
94. A Mid-Atlantic state.