1. An edge tool used to cut and shape wood.
4. The superior of an abbey of monks.
9. A long narrow inlet of the sea in Scotland (especially when it is nearly landlocked).
13. A benevolent aspect of Devi.
16. An actor's line that immediately precedes and serves as a reminder for some action or speech.
17. Roman scholar (116-27 BC).
18. Evergreen trees and shrubs having oily one-seeded fruits.
19. Beyond or deviating from the usual or expected.
20. Injure or wound seriously and leave permanent disfiguration or mutilation.
22. In a damnable manner.
25. Tropical starchy tuberous root.
26. Of or relating to an agent or agency.
27. A Hindu prince or king in India.
28. Highly excited.
30. Gather, as of as crops.
31. South American wood sorrel cultivated for its edible tubers.
32. A small flat triangular bone in front of the knee that protects the knee joint.
35. United States composer of musical comedies (1885-1945).
37. A flat-bottomed volcanic crater that was formed by an explosion.
41. (Akkadian) God of wisdom.
42. A state in New England.
43. Get undressed.
47. Related on the mother's side.
49. A less than average tide occurring at the first and third quarters of the moon.
50. A wind instrument.
51. Having a pair of equal and opposite charges.
52. Cubes of meat marinated and cooked on a skewer usually with vegetables.
55. (British slang) An absolute certainty.
56. The United Nations agency concerned with international maritime activities.
58. A drug combination found in some over-the-counter headache remedies (Aspirin and Phenacetin and Caffeine).
60. Support resembling the rib of an animal.
61. An ancient Assyrian city on the River Tigris across from the modern city of Mosul in the northern part of what is now known a Iraq.
66. Relating to or characteristic of the Celts.
70. The residue that remains when something is burned.
71. (combining form) Former.
72. (physiology) Of nerves and nerve impulses.
74. An Indian side dish of yogurt and chopped cucumbers and spices.
79. A constellation in the southern hemisphere near Telescopium and Norma.
80. An officer who acts as military assistant to a more senior officer.
81. The basic unit of money in Gambia.
84. Israeli religious philosopher (born in Austria) (1878-1965).
88. A state in north central United States.
90. Swelling from excessive accumulation of serous fluid in tissue.
91. A beverage made by steeping tea leaves in water.
94. (in Gnosticism) A divine power or nature emanating from the Supreme Being and playing various roles in the operation of the universe.
96. The site of an archeological exploration.
97. A condition (mostly in boys) characterized by behavioral and learning disorders.
98. (sometimes followed by `of') Having or showing realization or perception.
99. A small cake leavened with yeast.
100. A unit of surface area equal to 100 square meters.
1. The highest level or degree attainable.
2. Two items of the same kind.
3. A family of fish in the order Zeomorphi.
4. The eleventh month of the civil year.
5. A member of an agricultural people of southern India.
6. (informal) Exceptionally good.
7. Found near the Channel Islands.
8. A unit of weight equivalent to 1000 kilograms.
9. A genus of Phalaropidae.
10. Leaf or strip from a leaf of the talipot palm used in India for writing paper.
11. An island in the Indian Ocean off the southeastern coast of India.
12. (astronomy) The angular distance of a celestial point measured westward along the celestial equator from the zenith crossing.
13. The capital and largest city of Mongolia.
14. Tough Asiatic grass whose culms are used for ropes and baskets.
15. Type genus of the Amiidae.
21. Deep purplish red n 1.
23. A member of an Indian people formerly living along the Gulf coast of Louisiana and Texas.
24. Of or relating to the ancient Aramaic languages.
29. Of a moderate orange-yellow color.
33. Small creatures resembling pieces of fuzzy rope.
34. A large fan consisting of a frame covered with canvas that is suspended from the ceiling.
36. (informal) `johnny' was applied as a nickname for Confederate soldiers by the Federal soldiers in the American Civil War.
38. The strength of a electrical current measured in amperes.
39. Of or relating to the United States of America or its people or language or culture.
40. Urban areas in New England and Middle West characterized by concentrations of declining industries (steel or textiles).
44. (meaning literally `born') Used to indicate the maiden or family name of a married woman.
45. Open-heart surgery in which the rib cage is opened and a section of a blood vessel is grafted from the aorta to the coronary artery to bypass the blocked section of the coronary artery and improve the blood supply to the heart.
46. A radioactive transuranic metallic element.
48. Isolated from others.
53. An indehiscent fruit derived from a single ovary having one or many seeds within a fleshy wall or pericarp.
54. A digital display that uses liquid crystal cells that change reflectivity in an applied electric field.
57. A school teaching mechanical and industrial arts and the applied sciences.
59. French cabaret singer (1915-1963).
62. Exultantly proud and joyful.
63. An endorsement made in a passport that allows the bearer to enter the country issuing it v 1.
64. An associate degree in nursing.
65. A sudden short attack.
67. A person who rides a pedal-driven vehicle (as a bicycle).
68. A salt or ester of oxalic acid.
69. Any of numerous tropical or subtropical American plants of the genus Verbena grown for their showy spikes of variously colored flowers.
73. The syllable naming the fourth (subdominant) note of the diatonic scale in solmization.
75. Having help.
76. A state in the Rocky Mountains.
77. A city in southern Turkey on the Seyhan River.
78. (British) A waterproof raincoat made of rubberized fabric.
82. Someone who works (or provides workers) during a strike.
83. The United Nations agency concerned with atomic energy.
85. English monk and scholar (672-735).
86. An independent ruler or chieftain (especially in Africa or Arabia).
87. A feeling of intense anger.
89. Informal terms for the mouth.
92. A public promotion of some product or service.
93. Informal terms for a mother.
95. A Russian river.