1. Nut of any of several trees of the genus Corylus.
4. Of a surface exactly even with an adjoining one, forming the same plane.
9. In or relating to or obtained from urine.
13. A caustic detergent useful for removing grease.
16. The rate at which red blood cells settle out in a tube of blood under standardized conditions.
17. Soiled or likely to soil with dirt or grime.
18. United States writer noted for his droll epigrams (1902-1971).
19. Step on it.
20. Water frozen in the solid state.
21. A used automobile tire that has been remolded to give it new treads.
23. Xerophytic evergreen shrubs.
25. South African term for `boss'.
27. Of or relating to the palm of the hand or to the area at the base of the thumb.
28. A genus of bristly herbs and shrubs of the family Boraginaceae.
29. Brass that looks like gold.
31. Commodities offered for sale.
33. Lap that forms a cloth border doubled back and stitched down v 1.
34. Music composed for dancing the pavane.
36. A language spoken by the Atakapa people of the Gulf coast of Louisiana and Texas.
40. A new trial in which issues already litigated and to which the court has already rendered a verdict or decision are reexamined by the same court.
45. A soft silvery metallic element of the alkali earth group.
46. 100 aurar equal 1 krona.
47. (Greek mythology) A maiden who was first a sculpture created by Pygmalion and was brought to life by Aphrodite in answer to Pygmalion's prayers.
51. The father of your father or mother.
53. A craftsman who makes stringed instruments (as lutes or guitars or violins).
54. A city in east central Texas.
55. Evasively worded in order to avoid an unqualified statement.
58. An inactive volcano in Sicily.
59. The compass point midway between east and southeast.
60. The syllable naming the fourth (subdominant) note of the diatonic scale in solmization.
61. A member of the Siouan people formerly living in the Missouri river valley in NE Nebraska.
63. A bodily passage or tube conveying a secretion or other substance.
64. A genus of Mustelidae.
66. English writer and a central member of the Fabian Society (1858-1943).
68. A white metallic element that burns with a brilliant light.
69. The seat within a bishop's diocese where his cathedral is located adv.
70. An official prosecutor for a judicial district.
71. Small beads made from polished shells and formerly used as money by native Americans.
73. Lac purified by heating and filtering.
79. A brittle gray crystalline element that is a semiconducting metalloid (resembling silicon) used in transistors.
80. A Powhatan Indian woman (the daughter of Powhatan) who befriended the English at Jamestown and is said to have saved Captain John Smith's life (1595-1617).
84. Soviet physicist who worked on low temperature physics (1908-1968).
89. Advanced in years.
90. Evergreen trees and shrubs having oily one-seeded fruits.
91. A clear liquid secreted into the mouth by the salivary glands and mucous glands of the mouth.
94. West Indian tree having racemes of fragrant white flowers and yielding a durable timber and resinous juice.
96. The act of scanning.
97. Any of a number of fishes of the family Carangidae.
98. The food served and eaten at one time.
100. An adult male person (as opposed to a woman).
101. The basic unit of money in Bangladesh.
102. A network of intersecting blood vessels or intersecting nerves or intersecting lymph vessels.
103. A river in north central Switzerland that runs northeast into the Rhine.
104. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
1. Small South American spiny tree with dark crimson and scarlet flowers solitary or clustered.
2. An annual award by the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences for achievements in motion picture production and performance.
3. Flesh of any of various freshwater fishes of the families Centrarchidae of North America or Cyprinidae of Europe.
4. 32nd President of the United States.
5. A republic in northeastern Europe on the Baltic Sea.
6. Goddess of fate.
7. (used with `with' or in combination) Covered by or as if by something scattered over or on.
8. Doglike nocturnal mammal of Africa and southern Asia that feeds chiefly on carrion.
9. Not imagined even in a dream.
10. An intensely radioactive metallic element that occurs in minute amounts in uranium ores.
11. A small island.
12. A inexpensive showy collectibles.
13. Disparaging terms for small people.
14. The function or position properly or customarily occupied or served by another.
15. Joint consisting of a line formed by joining two pieces.
22. A river in north central Switzerland that runs northeast into the Rhine.
24. Fertility goddess in ancient Greek mythology.
26. Having or denoting a high range.
30. (Scotland) A landowner.
32. French romantic writer (1766-1817).
35. Primitive chlorophyll-containing mainly aquatic eukaryotic organisms lacking true stems and roots and leaves.
37. A river that rises in northern Colombia and flows generally eastward to the Orinoco in central Venezuela.
38. (psychology) An urge to withdraw or avoid a situation or an object.
39. Provide commentary for a film, for example.
41. The land mass formed by the continents of Europe and Asia.
42. An investigator who is employed to find missing persons or missing goods.
43. A silvery ductile metallic element found primarily in bauxite.
44. Capital of the state of Oregon in the northwestern part of the state on the Willamette River.
48. A condition (mostly in boys) characterized by behavioral and learning disorders.
49. (biology) Shed at an early stage of development.
50. Emperor of Rome.
52. An Indian tree of the family Combretaceae that is a source of timber and gum.
56. A large number or amount.
57. Small European freshwater fish with a slender bluish-green body.
62. A board game in which players try to move their pieces into their opponent's bases.
65. The great hall in ancient Persian palaces.
66. 32nd President of the United States.
67. Animal reproductive body consisting of an ovum or embryo together with nutritive and protective envelopes.
72. A federal agency established to coordinate programs aimed at reducing pollution and protecting the environment.
74. A television system that has more than the usual number of lines per frame so its pictures show more detail.
75. An East Indian sailor.
76. A highly unstable radioactive element (the heaviest of the halogen series).
77. Fossil fuel consisting of carbonized vegetable matter deposited in the Carboniferous period.
78. Marked by quiet and caution and secrecy.
81. Small terrestrial lizard of warm regions of the Old World.
82. Cubes of meat marinated and cooked on a skewer usually with vegetables.
83. A city in southern Turkey on the Seyhan River.
85. Type genus of the Alcidae comprising solely the razorbill.
86. A former communist country in eastern Europe and northern Asia.
87. An officer who acts as military assistant to a more senior officer.
88. A Tibetan or Mongolian priest of Lamaism.
92. (informal) Of the highest quality.
93. A broad flat muscle on either side of the back.
95. Fermented alcoholic beverage similar to but heavier than beer.
99. (Akkadian) God of wisdom.