1. Acute lung injury characterized by coughing and rales.
5. Remove with or as if with a ladle.
9. A metallic tapping sound.
13. Inquire about.
16. A short high tone produced as a signal or warning.
17. A French abbot.
18. A specific instance of feeling hopeful.
19. Aircraft landing in bad weather in which the pilot is talked down by ground control using precision approach radar.
20. Large mackerel with long pointed snout.
22. (of a ship or plane) Sideways drift.
24. Thigh of a hog (usually smoked).
25. A hard glassy mineral consisting of an oxide of magnesium and aluminum.
28. Time for Earth to make a complete rotation on its axis.
29. A colorless element that is one of the six inert gasses.
32. Large African antelope with long straight nearly upright horns.
35. Imperial dynasty that ruled China (most of the time) from 206 BC to 221 and expanded its boundaries and developed its bureaucracy.
41. Relatively small fast-moving sloth.
42. Generalized edema with accumulation of serum in subcutaneous connective tissue.
45. Slightly wet.
46. A compartment in front of a motor vehicle where driver sits.
47. A rare silvery (usually trivalent) metallic element.
48. Characterized by dignity and propriety.
49. A member of an Iroquoian people formerly living on the south shore of Lake Erie in northern Ohio and northwest Pennsylvania and western New York.
50. Cubes of meat marinated and cooked on a skewer usually with vegetables.
52. Destruction of heart tissue resulting from obstruction of the blood supply to the heart muscle.
54. An officer who acts as military assistant to a more senior officer.
55. A challenge to do something dangerous or foolhardy.
56. (Islam) The man who leads prayers in a mosque.
60. (often followed by `of') A large number or amount or extent.
61. Wife of Ramachandra.
62. A family of Ural-Altaic languages.
65. (astronomy) The angular distance of a celestial point measured westward along the celestial equator from the zenith crossing.
66. A digital display that uses liquid crystal cells that change reflectivity in an applied electric field.
67. Any isomeric saturated hydrocarbon found in petroleum and used as a fuel and solvent.
68. A trivalent metallic element of the rare earth group.
70. An intensely radioactive metallic element that occurs in minute amounts in uranium ores.
72. A port in southwestern Scotland.
73. According to the Old Testament he was a pagan king of Israel and husband of Jezebel (9th century BC).
76. A city in northern India.
78. Thickening of tissue in the motor tracts of the lateral columns and anterior horns of the spinal cord.
83. Botswanan statesman who was the first president of Botswana (1921-1980).
85. A long chair.
88. Tropical American tree producing cacao beans.
89. A small piece of cloth.
90. (Old Testament) The second patriarch.
92. A coil of rope or wool or yarn.
94. System of measurement based on centimeters and grams and seconds.
95. United States musician (born in Japan) who married John Lennon and collaborated with him on recordings (born in 1933).
96. The German state.
97. The highest level or degree attainable.
98. Fermented alcoholic beverage similar to but heavier than beer.
99. (British) Your grandmother.
100. (of a glutinous liquid such as paint) Not completely dried and slightly sticky to the touch.
101. Being here now.
102. Having leadership guidance.
1. The elementary stages of any subject (usually plural).
2. Gather, as of as crops.
3. Mother goddess.
4. A German machine gun.
5. Be about.
6. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
7. A logarithmic unit of sound intensity.
8. Submerged marine plant with very long narrow leaves found in abundance along North Atlantic coasts.
9. The subject matter of a conversation or discussion.
10. A member of the Siouan people formerly living in Iowa and Minnesota and Missouri.
11. An accountant certified by the state.
12. Serving as an essential component.
13. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
14. Someone who works (or provides workers) during a strike.
15. God of love and erotic desire.
21. Lacking excess flesh.
23. (Akkadian) God of wisdom.
26. A Loloish language.
27. Compelled forcibly by an outside agency.
30. English economist noted for his studies of international trade and finance (born in 1907).
31. A heavy silvery toxic univalent and bivalent metallic element.
33. A lack of vitality.
34. A midnight meeting of witches to practice witchcraft and sorcery.
36. The ratio of live births in an area to the population of that area.
37. Harsh or corrosive in tone.
38. National capital of Kiribati.
39. The domain controlled by an emir.
40. A driver who exceeds the safe speed limit.
43. A person who gives a name or names.
44. A wheeled vehicle adapted to the rails of railroad.
51. An alloy of mercury with another metal (usually silver) used by dentists to fill cavities in teeth.
53. The United Nations agency concerned with civil aviation.
57. Father of the storm gods Marut.
58. Type genus of the Alcidae comprising solely the razorbill.
59. A Mid-Atlantic state.
63. Made of fir or pine.
64. God of wealth and love.
69. French writer who generalized surrealism to literature (1897-1982).
71. Verse in the meter used in Greek and Latin poetry consisting of strophes of 4 tetrametric lines.
74. Small striped semiterrestrial eastern American squirrel with cheek pouches.
75. Of or relating to or toward the cheek.
76. A compartment in front of a motor vehicle where driver sits.
77. A republic in West Africa on the Gulf of Guinea.
78. Denoting a quantity consisting of six items or units.
79. Small crude shelter used as a dwelling.
80. The state prevailing during the absence of war.
81. Any of various large keen-sighted diurnal birds of prey noted for their broad wings and strong soaring flight.
82. Treated with some kind of application.
84. Channel into a new direction.
86. Causing a dull and steady pain.
87. Title for the former hereditary monarch of Iran.
91. Relating to or characteristic of or occurring on the sea or ships.
93. Resonance of protons to radiation in a magnetic field.