1. A decree that prohibits something.
4. An informal term for a father.
8. Lie adjacent to another.
12. A fastener for a door or lid.
16. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
17. An inn in some Eastern countries with a large courtyard that provides accommodation for caravans.
18. (used with singular count nouns) Colloquial for `not a' or `not one' or `never a'.
19. Large sweet juicy hybrid between tangerine and grapefruit having a thick wrinkled skin.
20. A member of an agricultural people of southern India.
22. The foreman of a work gang.
24. A white crystalline double sulfate of aluminum.
25. An Arabic speaking person who lives in Arabia or North Africa.
26. A group of islands in the Atlantic off the Carolina coast.
29. A doctor's degree in optometry.
31. City in Sudan.
33. A battle in the Thirty Years' War (1643).
37. Mature female of mammals of which the male is called `buck'.
39. (football) Of advancing the ball by throwing it.
42. 100 avos equal 1 pataca.
43. (Old Testament) The Hebrew prophet who led the Israelites from Egypt across the Red sea on a journey known as the Exodus.
46. Any of the Hindu sacred writing.
48. A ductile malleable reddish-brown corrosion-resistant diamagnetic metallic element.
49. Mint plants.
51. A military trainee (as at a military academy).
53. (Norse mythology) Giant who lives in the roots of Yggdrasil and guards the well of wisdom.
55. Bulky grayish-brown eagle with a short wedge-shaped white tail.
56. The larva of beetles of the family Tenebrionidae.
58. A former agency (from 1946 to 1974) that was responsible for research into atomic energy and its peacetime uses in the United States.
59. Lack of respect accompanied by a feeling of intense dislike.
61. Drench or submerge or be drenched or submerged.
64. Nymph who merged with Hermaphroditus to form one body.
65. The largest city in India and one of the largest cities in the world.
66. An extension at the end and at right angles to the main building.
67. Get or find back.
70. Extensive landed property (especially in the country) retained by the owner for his own use.
71. In an artful manner.
73. The atomic weight of an element that has the same combining capacity as a given weight of another element.
74. A logarithmic unit of sound intensity.
76. A river in north central Switzerland that runs northeast into the Rhine.
77. The upper house of the parliament of the Republic of Ireland.
80. Nocturnal mouselike mammal with forelimbs modified to form membranous wings and anatomical adaptations for echolocation by which they navigate.
82. A rule made by a local authority to regulate its own affairs.
86. Cubes of meat marinated and cooked on a skewer usually with vegetables.
87. English economist noted for his studies of international trade and finance (born in 1907).
91. A plant hormone promoting elongation of stems and roots.
92. A capacitance unit equal to one billion farads.
96. A newt in its terrestrial stage of development.
97. Any of numerous low-growing cushion-forming plants of the genus Draba having rosette-forming leaves and terminal racemes of small flowers with scapose or leafy stems.
98. A software system that facilitates the creation and maintenance and use of an electronic database.
100. The use of nuclear magnetic resonance of protons to produce proton density images.
101. Fish eggs or egg-filled ovary.
102. American dwarf fan palms.
103. A unit of length equal to 3 feet.
104. The 7th letter of the Greek alphabet.
1. A small cake leavened with yeast.
2. Any culture medium that uses agar as the gelling agent.
3. A quantity of no importance.
4. 10 grams.
5. According to the Old Testament he was a pagan king of Israel and husband of Jezebel (9th century BC).
6. An official prosecutor for a judicial district.
7. Feeling or showing anger.
8. Declare invalid.
9. Capital and largest city of Iraq.
10. The chief solid component of mammalian urine.
11. (Norse mythology) God of war and strife and son of Odin.
12. A member of a North American people formerly living in the Colorado river valley in Arizona.
13. (Greek mythology) One of the three Graces.
14. (of housing or residential areas) Indicative of poverty.
15. A member of the North American Indian people living in southern Arizona and northern Mexico.
21. Little known Kamarupan languages.
23. Any of several cultivated sour cherry trees bearing pale red fruit with colorless juice.
27. Half the width of an em.
28. A gonadotropic hormone that is secreted by the anterior pituitary.
30. An uproarious party.
32. The starting place for each hole on a golf course.
34. (bridge) A bid that is higher than your opponent's bid (especially when your partner has not bid at all and your bid exceeds the value of your hand).
35. United States tennis player who was the first woman to win the United States, British, French, and Australian championships in the same year (1953) (1934-1969).
36. (Islam) The man who leads prayers in a mosque.
38. (sports) With hand brought forward and down from above shoulder level.
40. (law) Deliberately or knowingly.
41. A stopping.
44. Not dense.
45. Fastened with stitches.
47. Diabetes caused by a relative or absolute deficiency of insulin and characterized by polyuria.
50. A word or expression used for some particular thing.
52. Italian lawn bowling (played on a long narrow dirt court).
54. (Hinduism or Buddhism) A sacred word or syllable repeated in prayer or meditation.
57. A city in northwestern Turkey.
60. An organization of military naval forces.
62. Aircraft landing in bad weather in which the pilot is talked down by ground control using precision approach radar.
63. A member of the Mayan people of the Yucatan peninsula in Mexico.
68. Applying to all or most members of a category or group.
69. Jordan's port.
72. A unit of length of thread or yarn.
75. A small pellet fired from an air rifle or BB gun.
78. Jordan's port.
79. An informal term for a father.
80. (Akkadian) God of wisdom.
81. A doctor's degree in musical arts.
83. A port in western Israel on the Mediterranean.
84. Being or occurring at an advanced period of time or after a usual or expected time.
85. A large number or amount.
88. The highest level or degree attainable.
89. A small narrow pointed missile that is thrown or shot.
90. English essayist (1775-1834).
93. An undergarment worn by women to support their breasts.
94. Extremely pleasing.
95. The rate at which heat is produced by an individual in a resting state.
99. A soft silvery metallic element of the alkali earth group.