1. Lacking in light.
4. Talk pompously.
9. The basic unit of money in Ghana.
13. The compass point that is one point south of due east.
16. Water frozen in the solid state.
17. Club consisting of a heavy stick (often bamboo) bound with iron.
18. The seventh month of the Hindu calendar.
19. Resinlike substance secreted by certain lac insects.
20. A unit of absorbed ionizing radiation equal to 100 ergs per gram of irradiated material.
21. Any of various chiefly fall-blooming herbs of the genus Aster with showy daisylike flowers.
22. Shattered or torn up or torn apart violently as by e.g. wind or lightning or explosive.
23. A master's degree in business.
24. Harsh or corrosive in tone.
26. National capital of Kiribati.
27. Being nine more than ninety.
29. The blood group whose red cells carry both the A and B antigens.
30. The part of a coal seam that is being cut.
32. An informal conversation.
34. A river that rises in eastern Kansas and flows eastward into Oklahoma to become a tributary of the Arkansas River.
36. A decree that prohibits something.
39. A soft white precious univalent metallic element having the highest electrical and thermal conductivity of any metal.
41. All the plant life in a particular region.
44. The capital and largest city of Bangladesh.
46. A steep descent of the water of a river.
50. An Arabic speaking person who lives in Arabia or North Africa.
51. Of or relating to or involving an area.
52. Fear resulting from the awareness of danger.
53. One of a set of small pieces of stiff paper marked in various ways and used for playing games or for telling fortunes.
55. Date used in reckoning dates before the supposed year Christ was born.
56. Wild sheep of northern Africa.
57. From sins, as in religious dogma.
59. A variety show with topical sketches and songs and dancing and comedians.
62. A doctor's degree in education.
63. Situated away from an area's coast or border.
64. American Revolutionary patriot.
65. Well matched.
67. The time during which someone's life continues.
68. Powerful mackerel shark of the Atlantic and Pacific.
70. A bachelor's degree in science.
71. Weedy trailing mat-forming herb with bright yellow flowers cultivated for its edible mildly acid leaves eaten raw or cooked especially in Indian and Greek and Middle Eastern cuisine.
72. A collection of objects laid on top of each other.
76. The capital and largest city of Yemen.
81. Of or relating to or characteristic of the Republic of Chad or its people or language.
85. An accidental hole that allows something (fluid or light etc.) to enter or escape.
90. Not divisible by two.
92. In bed.
94. The longer of the two telegraphic signals used in Morse code.
95. United States architect (born in China in 1917).
96. Relating to or having the characteristics of bees.
97. The inner and longer of the two bones of the human forearm.
98. Inquire about.
99. The rate at which red blood cells settle out in a tube of blood under standardized conditions.
100. Sluggish tailless Australian arboreal marsupial with gray furry ears and coat.
101. A notable achievement.
102. A unit of length of thread or yarn.
1. English theoretical physicist who applied relativity theory to quantum mechanics and predicted the existence of antimatter and the positron (1902-1984).
2. Small tropical American tree bearing edible plumlike fruit.
3. (statistics) Relating to or constituting the middle value of an ordered set of values (or the average of the middle two in an even-numbered set).
4. Leaf or strip from a leaf of the talipot palm used in India for writing paper.
5. A Black youth subculture and religious movement that arose in the ghettos of Kingston, Jamaica, in the 1950s.
6. Cause to be attached.
7. Of or concerning this or that.
8. A genus of Mustelidae.
9. Any of various long-legged carrion-eating hawks of South and Central America.
10. The compass point midway between east and southeast.
11. A loud harsh or strident noise.
12. The Palestinian uprising (beginning in 1987) against the Israeli occupation of the West Bank and Gaza Strip.
13. Any of various trees of the genus Ulmus.
14. A small cake leavened with yeast.
15. Someone who works (or provides workers) during a strike.
25. A chronic skin disease occurring primarily in women between the ages of 20 and 40.
28. A historical region of southwestern India on the west coast.
31. A natural opening or perforation through a bone or a membranous structure.
33. A soft gray ductile metallic element used in alloys.
35. A member of the agricultural people living in the central Volga provinces of European Russia.
37. (zoology) Lacking a tail or taillike appendage.
38. In a valid manner.
40. Soft blue-gray mineral.
42. A city in southern Texas on the Rio Grande.
43. The superior of a group of nuns.
45. Genus of much-branched treelike or shrubby cacti with pronounced ribs and rounded needlelike spines and nocturnal flowers usually white.
47. In an unfortunate way.
48. Evergreen mat-forming shrub of North America and northern Eurasia having small white flowers and red berries.
49. An international organization of European countries formed after World War II to reduce trade barriers and increase cooperation among its members.
54. Any of various strong liquors distilled from the fermented sap of toddy palms or from fermented molasses.
58. Designer drug designed to have the effects of amphetamines (it floods the brain with serotonin) but to avoid the drug laws.
60. A slight rounded elevation where the malleus attaches to the eardrum.
61. Type genus of the Nepidae.
66. Medically unqualified.
69. Loss of the ability to swallow.
70. Of or concerning this or that.
73. (Akkadian) God of wisdom.
74. A rotating disk shaped to convert circular into linear motion.
75. A soft silvery metallic element of the alkali earth group.
77. Yellow-fever mosquitos.
78. An extreme state of adversity.
79. An Italian woman of rank.
80. A telegram sent abroad.
82. Relating to the deepest parts of the ocean (below 6000 meters).
83. Lower in esteem.
84. The capital and largest city of Bangladesh.
86. The head of a branch of an organized crime syndicate.
87. Any of numerous local fertility and nature deities worshipped by ancient Semitic peoples.
88. (computer science) A data transmission rate (bits/second) for modems.
89. (Babylonian) God of storms and wind.
91. East Indian tree bearing a profusion of intense vermilion velvet-textured blooms and yielding a yellow dye.
92. A very poisonous metallic element that has three allotropic forms.
93. The compass point midway between northeast and east.