1. Informal terms for clothing.
5. Italian architect (1508-1580).
13. (trademark) A tinned luncheon meat made largely from pork.
17. (Old Testament) The eldest son of Isaac who would have inherited the Covenant that God made with Abraham and that Abraham passed on to Isaac.
18. The process of forming and relating ideas.
19. Type genus of the Alcidae comprising solely the razorbill.
20. English logician who introduced Venn diagrams (1834-1923).
21. A cloth used as a head covering (and veil and shawl) by Muslim and Hindu women.
22. Oblong cream puff.
24. A Dravidian language closely related to Tamil that is spoken in a hilly section of southwestern India.
26. Cubes of meat marinated and cooked on a skewer usually with vegetables.
27. Of or relating to or supporting Hinduism.
28. A coffee cake flavored with orange rind and raisins and almonds.
31. Government agency created in 1974 to license and regulate nuclear power plants.
33. An obsolete kind of container used for distillation.
38. A soft silvery metallic element of the alkali earth group.
39. Seed of a pea plant.
42. Any culture medium that uses agar as the gelling agent.
43. Goddess of criminal rashness and its punishment.
45. A genus of orb-weaving spiders including common garden spiders and barn spiders.
48. Refuse to acknowledge.
50. Agency of the United States government charged with mediating disputes between management and labor.
52. A sock with a separation for the big toe.
53. Designer drug designed to have the effects of amphetamines (it floods the brain with serotonin) but to avoid the drug laws.
55. A white soft metallic element that tarnishes readily.
56. The capital of the state of Delaware.
58. West Indian tree having racemes of fragrant white flowers and yielding a durable timber and resinous juice.
60. United States physicist (born in Russia) who was a proponent of the big-bang theory and who did research in radioactivity and suggested the triplet code for DNA (1904-1968).
63. Excessively fat.
64. A mouth or mouthlike opening.
65. Pleasant or pleasing or agreeable in nature or appearance.
66. A Bantu language spoken in southern Zaire.
67. A structure in which animals lay eggs or give birth to their young.
71. A white metallic element that burns with a brilliant light.
72. Small terrestrial lizard of warm regions of the Old World.
74. An officer who acts as military assistant to a more senior officer.
77. Thickening of tissue in the motor tracts of the lateral columns and anterior horns of the spinal cord.
80. An intensely radioactive metallic element that occurs in minute amounts in uranium ores.
82. Slender bristlelike appendage found on the bracts of grasses.
85. United States pharmacologist (born in Germany) who was the first to show that acetylcholine is produced at the junction between a parasympathetic nerve and a muscle (1873-1961).
87. (Greek mythology) The Titan who was father of Atlas and Epimetheus and Prometheus in ancient mythology.
89. A slight rounded elevation where the malleus attaches to the eardrum.
91. A nuclear reactor that uses water as a coolant and moderator.
92. A port city in southern Kenya on a coral island in a bay of the Indian Ocean.
94. Summer cypress.
96. Thigh of a hog (usually smoked).
97. A name that has been assumed temporarily.
98. A city of central China.
100. Late time of life.
101. (Irish) Mother of the ancient Irish gods.
102. A science (or group of related sciences) dealing with the logic of quantity and shape and arrangement.
103. A sharply directional antenna.
104. A coral reef off the southern coast of Florida.
105. (astronomy) A measure of time defined by Earth's orbital motion.
1. Mother goddess.
2. A person who makes use of a thing.
3. The 2nd longest European river.
4. A mercury-vapor lamp used in artificial sunray treatments.
5. A form of entertainment that enacts a story by a sequence of images giving the illusion of continuous movement.
6. Hormone secreted by the posterior pituitary gland (trade name Pitressin) and also by nerve endings in the hypothalamus.
7. An accidental hole that allows something (fluid or light etc.) to enter or escape.
8. Filled with a great quantity.
9. A drug (trade name Atabrine) used to treat certain worm infestations and once used to treat malaria.
10. English theoretical physicist who applied relativity theory to quantum mechanics and predicted the existence of antimatter and the positron (1902-1984).
11. (Greek mythology) A maiden seduced by Zeus.
12. Used of a single unit or thing.
13. A family of Mosan language spoken in northwestern United States and western Canada.
14. Type genus of the family Plantaginaceae.
15. Harsh or corrosive in tone.
16. A member of a rural Finnish people living in eastern Russia.
23. An informal conversation.
25. A French abbot.
29. Deciduous South African tree having large odd-pinnate leaves and profuse fragrant orange-yellow flowers.
30. A radioactive element of the actinide series.
32. An assertion of a right (as to money or property).
34. United States architect (born in England) whose works include the chambers of the United States Congress and the Supreme Court (1764-1820).
35. Before noon.
36. The fleshy pendulous part of the external human ear.
37. A passageway between buildings or giving access to a basement.
40. A blue dye obtained from plants or made synthetically.
41. (prosody) Of or consisting of iambs.
44. An acronym for Emissions of Light and Very low frequency perturbations due to Electromagnetic pulse Sources.
46. A device that, on receiving radar signals, transmits coded signals in response to help navigators determine their position.
47. Cause to be embarrassed.
49. A humorous anecdote or remark.
51. Cover by strewing.
54. Russian country house.
57. A rare heavy polyvalent metallic element that resembles manganese chemically and is used in some alloys.
59. The brightest star in Scorpius.
61. A person who has received a degree from a school (high school or college or university).
62. Type genus of the Musaceae.
68. Fiddler crabs.
69. Being nine more than ninety.
70. A clawed foot of an animal especially a quadruped.
73. Talks a great deal about uninteresting topics.
75. A resident of Iowa.
76. The deep vascular inner layer of the skin.
78. The greatest possible degree of something.
79. A region of Malaysia in northeastern Borneo.
80. The habitation of wild animals.
81. Inability to coordinate voluntary muscle movements.
83. A promontory in northern Morocco opposite the Rock of Gibraltar.
84. A person who tries to please someone in order to gain a personal advantage.
86. (Islam) The man who leads prayers in a mosque.
88. (football) Of advancing the ball by throwing it.
89. Water containing salts.
90. One thousandth of a second.
93. Leaf or strip from a leaf of the talipot palm used in India for writing paper.
95. Black tropical American cuckoo.
96. A branch of the Tai languages.
99. A state in midwestern United States.