1. Either of two folds of skin that can be moved to cover or open the eye.
4. English writer and a central member of the Fabian Society (1858-1943).
8. An utterance expressing pain or disapproval.
12. On, to, or at the top.
16. The compass point midway between northeast and east.
17. South American armadillo with three bands of bony plates.
18. The highest level or degree attainable.
19. An informal term for a father.
20. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
21. A feeling of intense anger.
22. Colloquial British abbreviation.
23. One of the common people.
24. Valuable fiber plant of East Indies now widespread in cultivation.
26. Corrupt morally or by intemperance or sensuality.
29. Covered with paving material.
31. Any of numerous local fertility and nature deities worshipped by ancient Semitic peoples.
33. Marked by assurance.
36. (Norse mythology) God of poetry and music.
41. Pepsi Cola is a trademarked cola.
44. Someone who skis.
46. Clean with one's bill, of birds.
49. Having been read.
50. A river in northeastern Brazil that flows generally northward to the Atlantic Ocean.
53. (linguistics) The form of a word after all affixes are removed.
54. A liquid used for printing or writing or drawing.
56. In a composed and unconcerned manner.
58. Goat-like antelope of central Eurasia having a stubby nose like a proboscis.
60. The address of a web page on the world wide web.
61. Genus of western North American low-growing herbs having linear woolly leaves and large pink flowers.
62. An adjective used as a noun.
64. The main city of ancient Phoenicia.
66. An adult male person (as opposed to a woman).
67. Someone to whom a legacy is bequeathed.
69. Someone who bolted from the Republican Party during the U.S. presidential election of 1884.
73. English scholastic philosopher and assumed author of Occam's Razor (1285-1349).
75. A person who is rejected (from society or home).
79. A particular environment or surrounding influence.
85. Small genus of Eurasian herbs.
86. A member of the Semitic speaking people of northern Ethiopia.
88. A golf shot that curves to the right for a right-handed golfer.
89. A period marked by distinctive character or reckoned from a fixed point or event.
90. United States inventor who manufactured the first elevator with a safety device (1811-1861).
92. Using speech rather than writing.
93. A primeval personification of air and breath.
94. A light touch or stroke.
95. A self-replicating protein molecule that occupies a fixed place on a chromosome.
96. Tropical starchy tuberous root.
97. A small cake leavened with yeast.
1. An accidental hole that allows something (fluid or light etc.) to enter or escape.
2. Any tree or shrub of the genus Inga having pinnate leaves and showy usually white flowers.
3. An administrator in charge of a division of a university or college.
4. An anticoagulant (trade name Coumadin) use to prevent and treat a thrombus or embolus.
5. A federal agency established to coordinate programs aimed at reducing pollution and protecting the environment.
6. Capital and largest city of Iraq.
7. A special lineage.
8. Tropical American feather palm having a swollen spiny trunk and edible nuts.
9. United States newspaper publisher (1858-1935).
10. Pertaining to or resembling amoebae.
11. An acute inflammatory disease occurring in the intestines of premature infants.
12. Strike with disgust or revulsion.
13. A fine grained mineral having a soft soapy feel and consisting of hydrated magnesium silicate.
14. An organization of countries formed in 1961 to agree on a common policy for the sale of petroleum.
15. A metabolic acid found in yeast and liver cells.
25. Pleasantly occupied.
27. A soft silvery metallic element of the alkali earth group.
28. Any of numerous composite plants having flower heads with well-developed ray flowers usually arranged in a single whorl.
30. A ductile gray metallic element of the lanthanide series.
32. A soft white precious univalent metallic element having the highest electrical and thermal conductivity of any metal.
34. A musical composition in several movements.
35. Capable of or involving speech or speaking.
37. Brightest star in Centaurus.
38. 17th and 18th-century movement in the German Lutheran Church stressing personal piety and devotion.
39. The provincial capital of Veneto.
40. Of or relating to Aram or to its inhabitants or their culture or their language.
42. Of or producing or containing serum.
43. The visual percept of a region.
45. A river of southwestern Africa that rises in central Angola and flows east and then north (forming part of the border between Angola and Congo) and continuing northwest through Congo to empty into the Congo River on the border between Congo and Republic of the Congo.
47. Resinlike substance secreted by certain lac insects.
48. (astronomy) The angular distance of a celestial point measured westward along the celestial equator from the zenith crossing.
51. Large genus of perennial and biennial pungent bulbous plants.
52. A rule made by a local authority to regulate its own affairs.
55. Pulled or drawn tight.
57. The use of bacteria or viruses of toxins to destroy men and animals or food.
59. The soccer or hockey player assigned to protect the goal.
63. A baby from birth to four weeks.
64. Capital and largest city of Iraq.
65. 1/10 gram.
68. (computer science) A coding system that incorporates extra parity bits in order to detect errors.
70. A city is east central Sweden north northwest of Stockholm.
71. Not reflecting light.
72. Manufactured in standard sizes to be shipped and assembled elsewhere.
74. (`cease' is a noun only in the phrase `without cease') End v 1.
76. Tropical American tree grown in southern United States having a whitish pink-tinged fruit.
77. A unit of dry measure used in Egypt.
78. Doglike nocturnal mammal of Africa and southern Asia that feeds chiefly on carrion.
80. God of death.
81. Divulge information or secrets.
82. Highly excited.
83. Not easy.
84. Toward the mouth or oral region.
87. A tool with a flat blade attached at right angles to a long handle.
91. Not out.