1. A state-chartered savings bank owned by its depositors and managed by a board of trustees.
4. Large edible marine fish of northern coastal waters.
9. A jaunty rhythm in music.
13. A sharp projection on an edge or surface.
16. Any of various primates with short tails or no tail at all.
17. Large African forest tree yielding a strong hard yellow to golden brown lumber.
18. An independent ruler or chieftain (especially in Africa or Arabia).
19. Gone by.
20. Having leadership guidance.
21. The seventh month of the Moslem calendar.
22. A town in western Alaska on the southern coast of the Seward Peninsula.
23. The corporate executive responsible for the operations of the firm.
24. A narcotic that is considered a hard drug.
26. German physicist who studied cathode rays (1862-1947).
27. Somewhat ill or prone to illness.
29. An organization of countries formed in 1961 to agree on a common policy for the sale of petroleum.
31. A mountain in the central Himalayas on the border of Tibet and Nepal (27,890 feet high).
33. Beat with a cane.
37. An ardent early supporter of a cause or reform.
40. Characterized by slanting characters.
41. Low tufted evergreen shrubs of colder parts of north temperate regions having mosslike foliage and nodding white or pink flowers.
45. A public promotion of some product or service.
46. Of or relating to the sea.
47. Of or relating to or located near a hilum.
48. Willing to face danger.
50. Written in print characters or produced by means of e.g. a printing press.
53. A primeval personification of air and breath.
54. Someone (especially a woman) who annoys people by constantly finding fault.
55. The sense organ for hearing and equilibrium.
57. A hormone produced by the anterior pituitary gland.
58. (psychology) Characterized by avoidance or withdrawal.
60. (of a nuclear reaction) Occurring with evolution or releasing of energy.
63. An ancient Hebrew unit of dry measure equal to about a bushel.
65. A unit of length of thread or yarn.
66. Structural member consisting of a continuous horizontal timber forming the lowest member of a framework or supporting structure.
67. A wheeled vehicle adapted to the rails of railroad.
70. A person who believes that God created the universe and then abandoned it.
72. A seat for the rider of a horse.
74. A port on Alaska's southern coast from which oil is shipped to markets around the world.
76. An independent agency of the United States government responsible for aviation and spaceflight.
77. Suggesting an eye or eyes.
78. An unforeseen obstacle.
80. (informal British usage) Aggravation or aggression.
83. Property that is leased or rented out or let.
85. An imaginary elephant that appears in a series of French books for children.
89. The cry made by sheep.
90. Medium-sized tree having glossy lanceolate leaves.
93. A standard or model or pattern regarded as typical.
95. (Greek mythology) Goddess of the earth and mother of Cronus and the Titans in ancient mythology.
96. System of measurement based on centimeters and grams and seconds.
97. Plants with sword-shaped leaves and erect stalks bearing bright-colored flowers composed of three petals and three drooping sepals.
98. A feeling of grudging admiration and desire to have something possessed by another.
99. Very dark black.
100. A watery solution of sugars, salts, and minerals that circulates through the vascular system of a plant.
101. A French abbot.
102. Keep in mind or convey as a conviction or view.
103. (Irish) Mother of the Tuatha De Danann.
1. A master's degree in library science.
2. A detailed description of design criteria for a piece of work.
3. English monk and scholar (672-735).
4. A prominent rock or pile of rocks on a hill.
5. Reflect light or colors like an opal.
6. The person or thing rejected or set aside as inferior in quality.
7. The complete duration of something.
8. Cubes of meat marinated and cooked on a skewer usually with vegetables.
9. United States tennis player (born in Czechoslovakia) who won several singles championships.
10. The United Nations agency concerned with international maritime activities.
11. An African river.
12. The upper branches and leaves of a tree.
13. A short coat.
14. American novelist (1909-1955).
15. Having desirable or positive qualities especially those suitable for a thing specified.
25. (folklore) A small grotesque supernatural creature that makes trouble for human beings.
28. The slender spear of the Bantu-speaking people of Africa.
30. An artist who paints.
32. Dense growth of hairs covering the body or parts of it (as on the human head).
34. Peace of mind.
35. Any of various tropical American plants of the genus Tagetes widely cultivated for their showy yellow or orange flowers.
36. Not fake or counterfeit.
38. Disability of walking due to crippling of the legs or feet.
39. Order of mammals having few or no teeth including.
42. Affected manners intended to impress others.
43. Having a long narrow cut.
44. A person who lacks good judgment.
49. Congenital absence of an arm or leg.
51. An elaborate song for solo voice.
52. The longer of the two telegraphic signals used in Morse code.
56. Be in accord.
59. Having undesirable or negative qualities.
61. Used of the older of two persons of the same name especially used to distinguish a father from his son.
62. Train to be discriminative.
64. A domain that seems to be specially reserved for someone.
68. A body of (usually fresh) water surrounded by land.
69. Made clean.
70. United States tennis player (born in Czechoslovakia) who won several singles championships.
71. Having ones attention or mind or energy engaged.
72. A short coat.
73. Evergreen or deciduous shrubs or small trees of United States to Antilles and eastern Asia to the Himalaya.
75. A bluish-white lustrous metallic element.
79. The blood group whose red cells carry both the A and B antigens.
81. Mentally or physically infirm with age.
82. A short labored intake of breath with the mouth open.
84. A unit of perceived loudness equal to the loudness of a 1000-hertz tone at 40 dB above threshold.
86. A small cake leavened with yeast.
87. (in Gnosticism) A divine power or nature emanating from the Supreme Being and playing various roles in the operation of the universe.
88. Type genus of the Ranidae.
91. Someone who engages in arbitrage (who purchases securities in one market for immediate resale in another in the hope of profiting from the price differential).
92. A castrated tomcat.
94. A metric unit of length equal to 10,000 meters.
95. Situated at the top or highest position.