1. A state-chartered savings bank owned by its depositors and managed by a board of trustees.
4. Belonging to some prior time.
8. Type genus of the Majidae.
12. A challenge to do something dangerous or foolhardy.
16. Any of various primates with short tails or no tail at all.
17. Any of numerous local fertility and nature deities worshipped by ancient Semitic peoples.
18. Highly excited.
19. Type and only genus of the family Esocidae.
20. Having leadership guidance.
21. African antelope with ridged curved horns.
23. A hard green Swiss cheese made with skim-milk curd and flavored with clover.
25. The act of scanning.
27. A nation's ruler or head of state usually by hereditary right.
28. (of complexion) Blemished by imperfections of the skin.
29. A federal agency established to coordinate programs aimed at reducing pollution and protecting the environment.
31. Remove from the crate.
33. Cooked in hot water.
39. Spanish poet and dramatist (1898-1936).
42. A caress with the lips.
46. Formerly a large constellation in the southern hemisphere between Canis Major and the Southern Cross.
50. A ductile gray metallic element of the lanthanide series.
51. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
52. Any competition.
54. A decree that prohibits something.
55. The quarter of many North African cities in which the citadel is located.
58. Perennial northern temperate plant with toothed leaves and heads of small purplish-white flowers.
60. A grant made by a law court.
62. An artificial language that is a revision and simplification of Esperanto.
63. A heavy brittle diamagnetic trivalent metallic element (resembles arsenic and antimony chemically).
64. An edict of the Russian tsar.
65. Infections of the skin or nails caused by fungi and appearing as itching circular patches.
66. Acute ulceration of the mucous membranes of the mouth or genitals.
68. Any of several Old World tropical aromatic annual or perennial herbs of the genus Ocimum.
70. A midwestern state in north central United States.
72. Not widely known.
73. Pasture grass of plains of South America and western North America.
75. Small genus of South American trees yielding latex.
77. An actor's line that immediately precedes and serves as a reminder for some action or speech.
78. Half the width of an em.
79. A tall perennial woody plant having a main trunk and branches forming a distinct elevated crown.
80. The basic unit of money in Bangladesh.
84. Feeling or showing anger.
87. Feeling or showing extreme anger.
90. Advanced in years.
91. An island in Indonesia east of Java.
94. A metabolic acid found in yeast and liver cells.
95. An organization of countries formed in 1961 to agree on a common policy for the sale of petroleum.
96. A state of extreme poverty.
97. Vice President of the United States under Bill Clinton (born in 1948).
99. An adult male person (as opposed to a woman).
100. Type genus of the Ranidae.
101. (Sumerian) Water god and god of wisdom.
102. Primitive chlorophyll-containing mainly aquatic eukaryotic organisms lacking true stems and roots and leaves.
103. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
1. A master's degree in library science.
2. A detailed description of design criteria for a piece of work.
3. English monk and scholar (672-735).
4. A religious belief of African origin involving witchcraft and sorcery.
5. An embroidered rug made from a coarse Indian felt.
6. The head of a branch of an organized crime syndicate.
7. A feeling of strong eagerness (usually in favor of a person or cause).
8. A flat-bottomed volcanic crater that was formed by an explosion.
9. A soft white precious univalent metallic element having the highest electrical and thermal conductivity of any metal.
10. (Old Testament) Moses' successor who led the Israelites into the Promised Land.
11. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
12. Give a description of.
13. (Hindu) A manner of sitting (as in the practice of Yoga).
14. English physician who in retirement compiled a well-known thesaurus (1779-1869).
15. A farcical afterpiece in the ancient Roman theater.
22. A boy or man.
24. A written agreement between two states or sovereigns.
26. United States astronomer (1835-1909).
30. Seed of a pea plant.
32. A metric unit of length equal to one billionth of a meter.
34. Someone who fights bulls.
35. A cgs unit of work or energy.
36. (British) Tavern consisting of a building with a bar and public rooms.
37. Large brownish-green New Zealand parrot.
38. United States diplomat who was instrumental in opening Japan to foreign trade (1804-1878).
40. An ugly evil-looking old woman.
41. A city in northeastern Ukraine.
43. A university town in east central Illinois adjoining Champaign.
44. An effigy in the shape of a man to frighten birds away from seeds.
45. Ice cream served with a topping.
47. Formerly a term of respect for important white Europeans in colonial India.
48. A radioactive element of the actinide series.
49. Partially carbonized vegetable matter saturated with water.
53. Again but in a new or different way.
56. Leafless East Indian vine.
57. The blood group whose red cells carry both the A and B antigens.
59. The range of colour characteristic of a particular artist or painting or school of art".
61. The act of tapping a telephone or telegraph line to get information.
67. North American republic containing 50 states - 48 conterminous states in North America plus Alaska in northwest North America and the Hawaiian Islands in the Pacific Ocean.
68. A religious belief of African origin involving witchcraft and sorcery.
69. The spirit of evil in Zoroastrianism.
70. A feeling of strong eagerness (usually in favor of a person or cause).
71. A large mass of ice floating at sea.
74. One or some or every or all without specification.
76. A genus of tropical Asian and Malaysian palm trees.
81. Small terrestrial lizard of warm regions of the Old World.
82. Cubes of meat marinated and cooked on a skewer usually with vegetables.
83. A city in southern Turkey on the Seyhan River.
85. Plant with an elongated head of broad stalked leaves resembling celery.
86. (Scottish) A narrow secluded valley (in the mountains).
88. Building that contains a surface for ice skating or roller skating.
89. (prefix) Opposite or opposing or neutralizing.
92. A member of a people living in southern Benin and Togo and southeastern Ghana.
93. A pass between mountain peaks.
98. (Akkadian) God of wisdom.