1. Acute delirium caused by alcohol poisoning.
4. Extensive landed property (especially in the country) retained by the owner for his own use.
9. An aggressive remark directed at a person like a missile and intended to have a telling effect.
13. A unit of pressure.
16. Mythical bird of prey having enormous size and strength.
17. Visionary British poet (1757-1827).
18. The inner and longer of the two bones of the human forearm.
19. An associate degree in applied science.
20. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
21. Any compound containing the group -C=NOH.
22. A narcotic that is considered a hard drug.
23. A caustic detergent useful for removing grease.
24. British physicist (born in Hungary) noted for his work on holography (1900-1979).
26. Flightless New Zealand birds similar to gallinules.
28. A Portuguese province on the south coast of China and two islands in the South China Sea.
29. Before noon.
30. Goods (or wreckage) on the sea bed that is attached to a buoy so that it can be recovered.
31. Kauri pine.
33. Goddess of fate.
38. Small buffalo of the Celebes having small straight horns.
39. A former copper coin of Pakistan.
40. Of or pertaining to tactics.
47. A metric unit of capacity equal to the volume of 1 kilogram of pure water at 4 degrees centigrade and 760 mm of mercury (or approximately 1.76 pints).
49. Pain in the gums.
50. On, to, or at the top.
52. Seeming unaffected by pleasure or pain.
53. A sock with a separation for the big toe.
55. A radical labor movement in the United States founded in nd dedicated to the overthrow of capitalism.
57. A soft white precious univalent metallic element having the highest electrical and thermal conductivity of any metal.
60. (used especially of commodities) In the natural unprocessed condition.
61. (of ships and boats) Permitting leakage.
63. Enjoying or affording comforting warmth and shelter especially in a small space.
66. Acquire or gain knowledge or skills.
67. Having relatively few calories.
70. South American wood sorrel cultivated for its edible tubers.
71. Absent without permission.
72. A unit of dry measure used in Egypt.
74. A painted or carved screen placed above and behind an altar or communion table.
75. Female equine animal.
76. A lake in northwestern Russia north of St. Petersburg.
78. A soft silvery metallic element of the alkali earth group.
79. The second great battle of the American Civil War (1862).
82. Soreness and warmth caused by friction.
86. Adopted in order to deceive.
90. Resinlike substance secreted by certain lac insects.
91. An excavator whose shovel bucket is attached to a hinged boom and is drawn backward to move earth.
94. Japanese mathematical physicist who proposed that nuclear forces are mediated by massive particles called mesons which are analogous to the photon in mediating electromagnetic forces (1907-1981).
96. Used of a single unit or thing.
97. Not in a state of sleep.
98. An organization of countries formed in 1961 to agree on a common policy for the sale of petroleum.
100. The sense organ for hearing and equilibrium.
101. A doctor's degree in education.
102. A coffee cake flavored with orange rind and raisins and almonds.
103. A quantity of no importance.
104. Type genus of the family Myacidae.
1. The phenomenon of resistance to motion through a fluid.
2. A one-piece cloak worn by men in ancient Rome.
3. Someone who works (or provides workers) during a strike.
4. Away from the mouth or oral region.
5. Being ten more than one hundred fifty.
6. An Indian side dish of yogurt and chopped cucumbers and spices.
7. Swedish oceanographer who recognized the role of the Coriolis effect on ocean currents (1874-1954).
8. (computer science) The movement of a read/write head to a specific data track on a disk v 1.
9. A low woody perennial plant usually having several major branches.
10. Genus of erect herbs of the Middle East having showy flowers.
11. A nucleic acid that transmits genetic information from DNA to the cytoplasm.
12. A salesman who travels to call on customers.
13. An archaic name for Easter or Passover.
14. East Indian tree yielding a resin used medicinally and burned as incense.
15. A battle (333 BC) in which Alexander the Great defeated the Persians under Darius III.
25. A Dravidian language spoken in south central India.
27. A radioactive element of the actinide series.
29. (music) Characterized by avoidance of traditional Western tonality.
32. Offering fun and gaiety.
34. Knitted clothing.
35. Not in keeping with accepted standards of what is right or proper in polite society.
36. A thrusting blow with a knife.
37. Hormone produced early in pregnancy by the placenta.
41. An aircraft that is supported in flight by unpowered rotating horizontal wings (or blades).
42. Group of people related by blood or marriage.
43. (anatomy) Of or relating to the ilium.
44. A resource.
45. A person who fixes the boundaries of land claims.
46. The basic unit of money in Equatorial Guinea.
48. An international organization of European countries formed after World War II to reduce trade barriers and increase cooperation among its members.
51. National capital of Kiribati.
54. A white metallic element that burns with a brilliant light.
56. Either extremity of something that has length.
58. Having desirable or positive qualities especially those suitable for a thing specified.
59. An unfledged or nestling hawk.
62. The sound of a bell rung slowly to announce a death or a funeral or the end of something v 1.
64. Showing your contempt by derision.
65. Having a woven pattern.
68. A graphical record of electrical activity of the brain.
69. Membranous tube with cartilaginous rings that conveys inhaled air from the larynx to the bronchi.
73. African tree having an exceedingly thick trunk and fruit that resembles a gourd and has an edible pulp called monkey bread.
74. Being ten more than fifty.
77. An Indian tree of the family Combretaceae that is a source of timber and gum.
80. The (prehensile) extremity of the superior limb.
81. Made agreeably cold (especially by ice).
83. A trivalent metallic element of the rare earth group.
84. (in Gnosticism) A divine power or nature emanating from the Supreme Being and playing various roles in the operation of the universe.
85. Having an eye or eyes or eyelike feature especially as specified.
86. An adult male person (as opposed to a woman).
87. A complex red organic pigment containing iron and other atoms to which oxygen binds.
88. Distant in either space or time.
89. God of death.
92. A compartment in front of a motor vehicle where driver sits.
93. A secret society of white Southerners to resist Black emancipation.
95. Fiddler crabs.
99. An informal term for a father.