1. A federal agency established to regulate the release of new foods and health-related products.
4. A particular situation.
9. An unforeseen obstacle.
13. Standard time in the 7th time zone west of Greenwich, reckoned at the 105th meridian west.
16. The sense organ for hearing and equilibrium.
17. The 3rd planet from the sun.
18. The villain in William Shakespeare's tragedy who tricked Othello into murdering his wife.
19. Fiddler crabs.
20. (Babylonian) A demigod or first man.
22. A shoe without a tongue and with decorative lacing up the instep.
25. Avatar of Vishnu.
28. A proud stiff pompous gait.
30. Large antelope with lightly spiraled horns of desert regions of North Africa.
32. A woman Emperor or the wife of an Emperor.
35. Expel air.
39. A region of south central Italy.
44. Reserved in advance.
45. A republic in northeastern Africa on the Red Sea.
47. Imprudently incurring risk.
48. (trademark) An alloy of iron and nickel having a low coefficient of thermal expansion.
51. Be obliged to pay or repay.
52. A residential district located on the outskirts of a city.
53. Goddess of the dead and queen of the underworld.
54. 1 species.
56. A fraudulent business scheme.
59. Angular distance above the horizon (especially of a celestial object).
60. A unit of absorbed ionizing radiation equal to 100 ergs per gram of irradiated material.
63. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
64. A primeval personification of air and breath.
65. Jordan's port.
68. Wearing or provided with clothing.
70. Remove with or as if with a ladle.
71. An archaic name for Easter or Passover.
73. (usually plural) A destructive action.
76. Wild geese.
79. Clothing of a distinctive style or for a particular occasion.
83. Resinlike substance secreted by certain lac insects.
84. A member of an Indian people formerly living along the Gulf coast of Louisiana and Texas.
87. Any of various spiny trees or shrubs of the genus Acacia.
89. The residue that remains when something is burned.
90. The post at the top or bottom of a flight of stairs.
91. Type genus of the Majidae.
93. One of the most common of the five major classes of immunoglobulins.
94. Any of numerous hairy-bodied insects including social and solitary species.
95. Of or relating to or involving an area.
96. An Arabic speaking person who lives in Arabia or North Africa.
97. A metric unit of volume or capacity equal to 10 liters.
1. An emotion experienced in anticipation of some specific pain or danger (usually accompanied by a desire to flee or fight).
2. An informal term for a father.
3. The biblical name for ancient Syria.
4. Relating to or characteristic of or occurring on the sea or ships.
5. (astronomy) The angular distance of a celestial point measured westward along the celestial equator from the zenith crossing.
6. Edible viscera of a butchered animal.
7. The principles of right and wrong that are accepted by an individual or a social group.
8. (British) A former administrative district of England.
9. Relating to or characteristic of wooded regions.
10. Submerged aquatic plant having narrow leaves and small flowers.
11. How long something has existed.
12. Functioning correctly and ready for action.
13. Tough Asiatic grass whose culms are used for ropes and baskets.
14. Any of a number of fishes of the family Carangidae.
15. Thin fibrous bark of the paper mulberry and Pipturus albidus.
21. Plant bearing large mild thick-walled usually bell-shaped fruits.
23. A white soft metallic element that tarnishes readily.
24. Any of a family of brass wind instruments that resemble a bugle with valves.
26. Being derived from.
27. Made of or covered with wax.
29. Not engaged in military action.
31. An administrator in charge of a division of a university or college.
33. A kind of dance step in which the dancer seems to be sliding on the spot.
34. Any of numerous chiefly shorebirds of relatively compact build having straight bills and large pointed wings.
36. A detested person.
37. Impaired by diminution.
38. A flammable colorless gaseous alkene.
40. (Old Testament) The eldest son of Isaac who would have inherited the Covenant that God made with Abraham and that Abraham passed on to Isaac.
41. Acid gritty-textured fruit.
42. A Brazilian river.
43. African tree having an exceedingly thick trunk and fruit that resembles a gourd and has an edible pulp called monkey bread.
46. Deciduous shrub of North America.
49. A bachelor's degree in architecture.
50. An international organization of European countries formed after World War II to reduce trade barriers and increase cooperation among its members.
55. Antipsychotic drug (trade name Moban) used in the treatment of schizophrenia.
57. A great raja.
58. Small genus of Eurasian herbs.
61. A flat wing-shaped process or winglike part of an organism.
62. An official prosecutor for a judicial district.
66. Any member of Athapaskan tribes that migrated to the southwestern desert (from Arizona to Texas and south into Mexico).
67. Remote city of Kazakhstan that (ostensibly for security reasons) was made the capital in 1998.
69. Flowing in drops.
72. Provide what is desired or needed, esp. support, food or sustenance.
74. Small terrestrial lizard of warm regions of the Old World.
75. A state in the eastern United States.
77. Tear down so as to make flat with the ground.
78. A telephone connection.
80. Harsh or corrosive in tone.
81. Port city that is the capital and largest city of Latvia.
82. Any of numerous local fertility and nature deities worshipped by ancient Semitic peoples.
85. An overwhelming feeling of wonder or admiration.
86. Large brownish-green New Zealand parrot.
88. A compartment in front of a motor vehicle where driver sits.
92. A colorless and odorless inert gas.