1. A rare chronic progressive encephalitis caused by the measles virus and occurring primarily in children and young adults.
5. Of a vivid red to reddish-orange color.
13. German musician who developed a system for teaching music to children (1895-1982).
17. A constellation in the polar region of the southern hemisphere near Octans.
18. A green or yellow or brown mineral consisting of a hydrated silicate.
19. The lower house of the parliament of the Republic of Ireland.
20. A city in southwestern Switzerland at the western end of Lake Geneva.
21. Relating to or characteristic of or occurring on the sea or ships.
22. Remove the hand from.
23. A white metallic element that burns with a brilliant light.
24. English scholastic philosopher and assumed author of Occam's Razor (1285-1349).
26. According to the Old Testament he was a pagan king of Israel and husband of Jezebel (9th century BC).
28. A soft gray malleable metallic element that resembles tin but discolors on exposure to air.
29. Divulge information or secrets.
30. Of or relating to or characteristic of Thailand of its people.
32. Alternatively, a member of the family Nymphaeaceae.
35. Large South American evergreen tree trifoliate leaves and drupes with nutlike seeds used as food and a source of cooking oil.
38. An associate degree in nursing.
39. First in order of importance.
43. Minute aquatic herbs floating on or below the water surface of still water consisting of a leaflike frond or plant body and single root.
46. A sailing vessel with a single mast set about one third of the boat's length aft of the bow.
47. In operation or operational.
48. Put up with something or somebody unpleasant.
50. An adherent of any branch of Taoism.
51. A city in Veneto.
54. Deciduous shrub widely cultivated for its white or pink or red flowers.
57. The act of catching an object with the hands.
59. Blood-sucking African fly.
61. A protocol (utilizing TCP) to transfer hypertext requests and information between servers and browsers.
62. Electrical conduction through a gas in an applied electric field.
63. Not out.
64. (botany) Tissue that conducts synthesized food substances (e.g., from leaves) to parts where needed.
65. A midwestern state in north central United States in the Great Lakes region.
66. A toxic nonmetallic element related to sulfur and tellurium.
68. Someone regarded as eccentric or crazy and standing out from a group.
71. (Akkadian) God of wisdom.
72. Being one more than fifty.
73. (Judaism) A Jewish festival (traditionally 8 days) celebrating the exodus of the Israelites from Egypt.
77. 30 to 300 kilohertz.
81. Long green edible beaked pods of the okra plant.
82. A small cake leavened with yeast.
87. In bed.
90. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
92. The capital of Western Samoa.
94. South American wood sorrel cultivated for its edible tubers.
95. The elementary stages of any subject (usually plural).
96. A musical composition of several movements only loosely connected.
97. French physicist noted for research on magnetism (born in 1904).
98. A unit of electrical resistance equal to the resistance between two points on a conductor when a potential difference of one volt between them produces a current of one ampere.
99. The basic unit of money in Albania.
100. Appeal or request earnestly.
101. Someone who works (or provides workers) during a strike.
102. Extinct flightless bird of New Zealand.
1. Powdery starch from certain sago palms.
2. A detailed description of design criteria for a piece of work.
3. (anatomy) A point or small area.
4. City in central Iran.
5. An alliance made up of states that had been Soviet Socialist Republics in the Soviet Union prior to its dissolution in Dec 1991.
6. The content of cognition.
7. The Hebrew patriarch who saved himself and his family and the animals by building an ark in which they survived 40 days and 40 nights of rain.
8. A state in southeastern United States.
9. A popular island resort in the Netherlands Antilles.
10. A decree that prohibits something.
11. British choreographer (1906-1988).
12. A domain in which something is dominant.
13. A person with an unusual or odd personality.
14. An intensely radioactive metallic element that occurs in minute amounts in uranium ores.
15. A tax on employees and employers that is used to fund the Social Security system.
16. Loose or flaccid body fat.
25. A percussion instrument consisting of a pair of hollow pieces of wood or bone (usually held between the thumb and fingers) that are made to click together (as by Spanish dancers) in rhythm with the dance.
27. Congenital absence of the heart (as in the development of some monsters).
31. Being one more than one.
33. An island in the Persian Gulf.
34. Serving as or forming a base.
36. Poisonous herbs.
37. French dramatist (born in Romania) who was a leading exponent of the theater of the absurd (1912-1994).
40. An edible tuber native to South America.
41. In a hoarse or husky voice.
42. Large siphonophore of up to 50 ft long.
44. The largest city in New Jersey.
45. The basic unit of money in Mongolia.
49. Angular distance above the horizon (especially of a celestial object).
52. An audiotape recording of sound.
53. A city is east central Sweden north northwest of Stockholm.
55. A nucleotide derived from adenosine that occurs in muscle tissue.
56. Rheumatic or myalgic pains in the arms or legs.
58. A state in the eastern United States.
60. The leader of an Arab village or family.
67. 30 to 300 gigahertz.
69. Any of several seeds that yield oil.
70. A nonmetallic largely pentavalent heavy volatile corrosive dark brown liquid element belonging to the halogens.
74. Edible viscera of a butchered animal.
75. Small genus of tropical African perennial bulbous herbs with deciduous twining stems.
76. Small tree of dry open parts of southern Africa having erect angled branches suggesting candelabra.
78. An evil spirit.
79. The large trunk artery that carries blood from the left ventricle of the heart to branch arteries.
80. A Mid-Atlantic state.
83. A French abbot.
84. Related to or located at the back.
85. The act of drawing or hauling something.
86. An organization of countries formed in 1961 to agree on a common policy for the sale of petroleum.
87. A unit of luminous flux equal to the amount of light given out through a solid angle of 1 steradian by a point source of 1 candela intensity radiating uniformly in all directions.
88. The persistence of a sound after its source has stopped.
89. Fallow deer.
91. Apparent power to perceive things that are not present to the senses.
93. A white linen liturgical vestment with sleeves.