1. An ugly evil-looking old woman.
4. Type genus of the Manidae.
9. Colloquial British abbreviation.
13. A federal agency established to regulate the release of new foods and health-related products.
16. The month following March and preceding May.
17. Remove from memory or existence.
18. Of the color of black ink.
19. A river in north central Switzerland that runs northeast into the Rhine.
20. Small cubes with 1 to 6 spots on the faces.
21. Having no parts resembling rays.
23. A complex inorganic compound that contains ammonia molecules.
24. Large mostly white Australian stork.
26. Deduce (a principle) or construe (a meaning).
28. The network in the reticular formation that serves an alerting or arousal function.
29. A legally binding command or decision entered on the court record (as if issued by a court or judge).
31. A city in western India just off the coast of the Arabian Sea.
34. (Akkadian) God of wisdom.
36. A member of the Siouan people formerly living in the Missouri river valley in NE Nebraska.
38. A mountain peak in the Andes in Bolivia (20,870 feet high).
42. City in Sudan.
44. Existing as an essential constituent or characteristic.
47. A noisemaker (as at parties or games) that makes a loud noise when you blow through it.
48. Resembling or characteristic of a prophet or prophecy.
49. Malevolent aspect of Devi.
51. A body of poetry that conveys the traditions of a society by treating some epic theme.
52. The basic unit of money in Papua New Guinea.
53. Cause to be more favorably inclined.
55. Pathetically lacking in force or effectiveness.
58. A chronic inflammatory collagen disease affecting connective tissue (skin or joints).
59. North American republic containing 50 states - 48 conterminous states in North America plus Alaska in northwest North America and the Hawaiian Islands in the Pacific Ocean.
60. In operation or operational.
61. Any of various edible seeds of plants of the family Leguminosae.
62. Bound by chains fastened around the ankles.
64. Battle in which the ruler of Afghanistan defeated the Mahrattas in 1761.
68. Hormone secreted by the posterior pituitary gland (trade name Pitressin) and also by nerve endings in the hypothalamus.
69. A trivalent metallic element of the rare earth group.
70. Type genus of the Anatidae.
72. Make attractive or lovable.
76. Adjust or accustom to.
78. Being one more than ninety.
81. The capital and largest city of Bangladesh.
84. Resembling a beast.
87. Affixed or as if affixed with glue or paste.
88. Bushy plant of Old World salt marshes and sea beaches having prickly leaves.
90. Mixture of untoasted dry cereals and fruits.
92. A master's degree in business.
93. A translucent mineral consisting of hydrated silica of variable color.
94. A French abbot.
96. The right to take another's property if an obligation is not discharged.
97. A decree that prohibits something.
98. An account describing incidents or events.
99. Any of numerous local fertility and nature deities worshipped by ancient Semitic peoples.
100. Small beads made from polished shells and formerly used as money by native Americans.
101. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
1. A pilgrimage to Mecca.
2. The capital of Western Samoa.
3. Small compact-bodied almost completely aquatic bird that builds floating nests.
4. An iron-clad vessel built by the Confederate forces in the hope of breaking the blockade imposed by the North.
5. A river that rises in northern Colombia and flows generally eastward to the Orinoco in central Venezuela.
6. A negative.
7. A small island.
8. A small hard fruit.
9. Cold-water fish caught in Lake Superior and northward.
10. A colorless explosive liquid that is volatile and poisonous and foul-smelling.
11. A Turkish unit of weight equal to about 2.75 pounds.
12. A percussion instrument consisting of a concave brass disk.
13. Free from favoritism or self-interest or bias or deception.
14. (Irish) Mother of the Tuatha De Danann.
15. (Greek mythology) Greek god of war.
22. Situated between the earth and the moon.
25. Love unquestioningly and uncritically.
27. Tropical African herbs.
30. Heavy and compact in form or stature.
32. Sandwich filled with slices of bacon and tomato with lettuce.
33. A name for the Old Testament God as transliterated from the Hebrew YHVH.
35. Low spreading tropical American shrub with long slender leaves used to make a mildly stimulating drink resembling tea.
37. Type genus of the Anhimidae.
39. Brilliantly colored south Asian pheasant.
40. Compacted by ironing.
41. Not prepared or in a state of readiness.
43. (physics and chemistry) The smallest component of an element having the chemical properties of the element.
45. Any of several tropical and subtropical treelike herbs of the genus Musa having a terminal crown of large entire leaves and usually bearing hanging clusters of elongated fruits.
46. A state in the Rocky Mountains.
50. An organization of countries formed in 1961 to agree on a common policy for the sale of petroleum.
54. A cloth having a crisscross design.
56. Lower in esteem.
57. United States tennis player who was the first Black to win United States and English singles championships (1943-1993).
63. A village of huts for native Africans in southern Africa.
65. In accordance with nature.
66. Not worth using.
67. Sheet that forms a distinct (usually flat) section or component of something.
71. Being ten more than one hundred thirty.
73. Large aquatic animal supposed to resemble a serpent or plesiosaur of Loch Ness in Scotland.
74. Border consisting of anything placed on the edge to finish something (such as a fringe on clothing or on a rug).
75. Syncopated music in duple time for dancing the rumba.
76. (Irish) Mother of the ancient Irish gods.
77. Small genus of Eurasian aquatic perennial herbs.
79. Cud-chewing mammal used as a draft or saddle animal in desert regions.
80. A hospital unit staffed and equipped to provide intensive care.
82. Cubes of meat marinated and cooked on a skewer usually with vegetables.
83. A city in southern Turkey on the Seyhan River.
85. A island in the Netherlands Antilles that is the top of an extinct volcano.
86. Large brown seaweeds having fluted leathery fronds.
89. A workplace for the conduct of scientific research.
91. A unit of length of thread or yarn.
92. A silvery ductile metallic element found primarily in bauxite.
95. A soft silvery metallic element of the alkali earth group.