1. What you can repeat immediately after perceiving it.
4. Motherless calf in a range herd of cattle.
9. Complex system of paths or tunnels in which it is easy to get lost.
13. The elementary stages of any subject (usually plural).
16. A plant hormone promoting elongation of stems and roots.
17. An anti-TNF compound (trade name Arava) that is given orally.
18. South American armadillo with three bands of bony plates.
19. Concerning those not members of the clergy.
20. A metric unit of volume or capacity equal to 10 liters.
21. An imaginary elephant that appears in a series of French books for children.
22. Used of the language of the deaf.
23. Counting the number of white and red blood cells and the number of platelets in 1 cubic millimeter of blood.
24. Speaking a Slavic language.
26. A white metallic element that burns with a brilliant light.
27. Hungarian composer of light operas (1870-1948).
30. Not only so, but.
34. A public promotion of some product or service.
35. Not enough.
37. A widely distributed system consisting of all the cells able to ingest bacteria or colloidal particles etc, except for certain white blood cells.
38. Two-masted sailing vessel square-rigged on both masts.
40. (astronomy) The angular distance of a celestial point measured westward along the celestial equator from the zenith crossing.
41. A light strong brittle gray toxic bivalent metallic element.
45. Italian lawn bowling (played on a long narrow dirt court).
48. Formerly a large constellation in the southern hemisphere between Canis Major and the Southern Cross.
52. A platform raised above the surrounding level to give prominence to the person on it.
53. South African term for `boss'.
54. Flower arrangement consisting of a circular band of foliage or flowers for ornamental purposes.
55. Popular music originating in the West Indies.
57. A hard brittle blue-white multivalent metallic element.
58. Of someone who has not been married.
60. A bachelor's degree in naval science.
62. Not far distant in time or space or degree or circumstances.
64. South American wood sorrel cultivated for its edible tubers.
65. Of or involving the rectum.
67. A poplar that is widely cultivated in the United States.
69. Coming next after the second and just before the fourth in position.
71. The branch of computer science that deal with writing computer programs that can solve problems creatively.
72. Take in a sail with a brail.
73. A Loloish language.
78. An artificial language that is a revision and simplification of Esperanto.
79. An English pirate who operated in the Caribbean and off the Atlantic coast of North America (died in 1718).
81. South American plant cultivated for its large fragrant trumpet-shaped flowers.
84. Of or relating to a nail or claw or hoof.
87. Made from residue of grapes or apples after pressing.
91. Studies intended to provide general knowledge and intellectual skills (rather than occupational or professional skills).
92. Scarabaeid beetle considered divine by ancient Egyptians.
94. Any of various spiny trees or shrubs of the genus Acacia.
96. Austrian physicist and philosopher who introduced the Mach number and who founded logical positivism (1838-1916).
97. A public area set aside as a pedestrian walk.
98. A small cake leavened with yeast.
100. A hospital unit staffed and equipped to provide intensive care.
101. A Loloish language.
102. An Arabic speaking person who lives in Arabia or North Africa.
103. Someone who works (or provides workers) during a strike.
104. A metric unit of volume or capacity equal to 10 liters.
1. Sudden and unexpected death of an apparently healthy infant during sleep.
2. An official language of the Republic of South Africa.
3. A constitutional monarchy in southeastern Asia on Borneo and the Malay Peninsula.
4. A light touch or stroke.
5. Any of various herbaceous plants of the genus Atriplex that thrive in deserts and salt marshes.
6. An amino acid that is found in the central nervous system.
7. Any of various coarse shrubby plants of the genus Iva with small greenish flowers.
8. (comparative and superlative of `early') More early than.
9. A Bantu language.
10. Relating to or having the characteristics of bees.
11. The capital of Croatia.
12. Bulky grayish-brown eagle with a short wedge-shaped white tail.
13. Type genus of the Alcidae comprising solely the razorbill.
14. A coffee cake flavored with orange rind and raisins and almonds.
15. Any tropical gymnosperm of the order Cycadales.
25. Using or containing too many words.
28. Antineoplastic drug (trade name Elspar) sometimes used to treat lymphoblastic leukemia.
29. A thermionic vacuum tube having three electrodes.
31. (informal) Of the highest quality.
32. A bitter alkaloid poison resembling strychnine and extracted from nux vomica.
33. Someone who engages in arbitrage (who purchases securities in one market for immediate resale in another in the hope of profiting from the price differential).
36. South American caracara.
39. Aircraft landing in bad weather in which the pilot is talked down by ground control using precision approach radar.
42. A mixture of nectar and pollen prepared by worker bees and fed to larvae.
43. A particular environment or walk of life.
44. The brightest star in Orion.
46. Freshwater fishes of tropical America and Africa and Asia similar to American sunfishes.
47. Of or relating to or characteristic of Israel or its people.
49. (Arthurian legend) A nephew of Arthur and one of the knights of the Round Table.
50. A soft gray malleable metallic element that resembles tin but discolors on exposure to air.
51. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
56. Relating to or characteristic of Arabs.
59. A doctor's degree in dental medicine.
61. A mark left by the healing of injured tissue.
63. An emotion experienced in anticipation of some specific pain or danger (usually accompanied by a desire to flee or fight).
66. Brief episode in which the brain gets insufficient blood supply.
68. The Creator.
70. A small two-wheeled cart for one passenger.
71. A light touch or stroke.
74. An unwholesome atmosphere.
75. The largest city of Cameroon.
76. English historian noted for his constitutional history of medieval England (1825-1901).
77. West Indian tree having racemes of fragrant white flowers and yielding a durable timber and resinous juice.
78. A radioactive gaseous element formed by the disintegration of radium.
80. (Akkadian) God of wisdom.
82. Any of various strong liquors distilled from the fermented sap of toddy palms or from fermented molasses.
83. A contagious skin infection caused by the itch mite.
85. Agency of the United States government charged with mediating disputes between management and labor.
86. A rare silvery (usually trivalent) metallic element.
88. Harsh or corrosive in tone.
89. A painful muscle spasm especially in the neck or back (`rick' and `wrick' are British).
90. part of the peritoneum attached to the stomach and to the colon and covering the intestines.
93. 4-wheeled motor vehicle.
95. A compartment in front of a motor vehicle where driver sits.
99. A radioactive element of the actinide series.