1. A master's degree in library science.
5. South American armadillo with three bands of bony plates.
9. South African term for `boss'.
13. 10 grams.
16. A nearly horizontal passage from the surface into a mine.
17. A cord fastened around the neck with an ornamental clasp and worn as a necktie.
18. A Spanish river.
19. A hotel providing overnight lodging for travelers.
20. A Tibetan or Mongolian priest of Lamaism.
21. A deficiency of red blood cells.
23. A person who has received a degree from a school (high school or college or university).
24. A city in southern Turkey on the Seyhan River.
26. Wheelwork consisting of a connected set of rotating gears by which force is transmitted or motion or torque is changed.
27. The sense organ for hearing and equilibrium.
28. Any orchid of the genus Disa.
30. Learns from a tutor.
32. Covered with paving material.
35. Angular distance above the horizon (especially of a celestial object).
36. Largest known toad species.
38. (botany) Of or relating to the axil.
39. Hairpiece covering the head and made of human or synthetic hair.
41. A drug combination found in some over-the-counter headache remedies (Aspirin and Phenacetin and Caffeine).
44. A stringed instrument of the guitar family that has long neck and circular body.
47. Relating to or characteristic of or occurring on land.
48. Any of numerous local fertility and nature deities worshipped by ancient Semitic peoples.
50. An international organization of European countries formed after World War II to reduce trade barriers and increase cooperation among its members.
52. The main organ of photosynthesis and transpiration in higher plants.
53. The compass point that is one point north of due east.
55. Take one's time.
57. A radioactive transuranic element.
58. Alligator-like reptile of Central and South America having a more heavily armored belly.
60. A means of serving.
63. Take in, also metaphorically.
64. An indehiscent fruit derived from a single ovary having one or many seeds within a fleshy wall or pericarp.
65. A member of the extinct Algonquian people formerly living in northern Indiana and southern Michigan.
66. An official language of the Republic of South Africa.
67. Pertaining to or located on or near the seacoast.
70. An anxiety disorder characterized by chronic free-floating anxiety and such symptoms as tension or sweating or trembling of light-headedness or irritability etc that has lasted for more than six months.
71. (Sumerian) God of the air and king of the Sumerian gods.
73. The essential qualities or characteristics by which something is recognized.
76. A hard gray lustrous metallic element that is highly corrosion-resistant.
77. Half the width of an em.
81. Pig-sized tailless South American amphibious rodent with partly webbed feet.
85. A master's degree in fine arts.
87. A Russian river.
90. Draw in by breathing.
91. (Greek mythology) Son of Daedalus.
93. The United Nations agency concerned with atomic energy.
95. To an excessive degree.
96. Type genus of the family Arcidae.
98. Mentally or physically infirm with age.
99. A city in northern India.
100. Take in solid food.
101. Explorer and United States naval officer.
102. An organization of countries formed in 1961 to agree on a common policy for the sale of petroleum.
103. The habitation of wild animals.
1. The arch of bone beneath the eye that forms the prominence of the cheek.
2. (Babylonian) God of storms and wind.
3. Capital and largest city and economic center of Peru.
4. Conforming to or constituting a standard of measurement or value.
5. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
6. 1 species.
7. On or toward the lee.
8. Having branches.
9. A living organism characterized by voluntary movement.
10. The blood group whose red cells carry both the A and B antigens.
11. A genus of orb-weaving spiders including common garden spiders and barn spiders.
12. A colloid that has a continuous liquid phase in which a solid is suspended in a liquid.
13. Antihistamine (trade name Dimetane) used to treat hypersensitivity reactions (as rhinitis).
14. A communist state in Indochina on the South China Sea.
15. Something twisted and tight and swollen.
22. A Dravidian language closely related to Tamil that is spoken in a hilly section of southwestern India.
25. A resource.
29. A physician who specializes in surgery.
31. A member of a North American people formerly living in the Colorado river valley in Arizona.
33. A resident of Alabama.
34. A person who eats human flesh.
37. A unit of magnetomotive force equal to 0.7958 ampere-turns.
40. A member of an agricultural people in southeastern India.
42. A tricycle (usually propelled by pedalling).
43. The lowermost portion of a structure partly or wholly below ground level.
45. Tropical American insectivorous bird having a long sharp bill and iridescent green or bronze plumage.
46. (sports) Illegally beyond a prescribed line or area or ahead of the ball or puck.
49. A basin for washing the hands (`wash-hand basin' is a British expression).
51. A ductile gray metallic element of the lanthanide series.
54. A compartment in front of a motor vehicle where driver sits.
56. A city in east central Texas.
59. Civilians trained as soldiers but not part of the regular army.
61. A metric unit of length equal to one billionth of a meter.
62. Tree of the West Indies and northern South America bearing succulent edible orange-sized fruit.
68. At any time.
69. A nucleic acid consisting of large molecules shaped like a double helix.
72. 1 species.
73. A soft silvery metallic element of the alkali earth group.
74. 100 avos equal 1 pataca.
75. Relating to or located near a tibia.
78. Submerged aquatic plant having narrow leaves and small flowers.
79. (psychoanalysis) An idealized image of someone (usually a parent) formed in childhood.
80. A measuring instrument for measuring and indicating a quantity or for testing conformity with a standard.
82. Small buffalo of the Celebes having small straight horns.
83. A unit of illumination equal to 1 lumen per square centimeter.
84. Characterized by lightness and insubstantiality.
86. Make secure by lashing.
88. A beautiful and graceful girl.
89. A flat-bottomed volcanic crater that was formed by an explosion.
92. An enclosed space.
94. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
97. A hard brittle blue-white multivalent metallic element.