1. A pass between mountain peaks.
4. Lose blood from one's body.
9. A state in the western United States.
13. Large brownish-green New Zealand parrot.
16. A flat wing-shaped process or winglike part of an organism.
17. Measuring instrument in which the echo of a pulse of microwave radiation is used to detect and locate distant objects.
18. Edible starchy tuberous root of taro plants.
19. Belonging to or on behalf of a specified person (especially yourself).
20. Annul by recalling or rescinding.
22. Submit or yield to another's wish or opinion.
24. The habitation of wild animals.
25. Russian country house.
26. Type genus of the Alcidae comprising solely the razorbill.
28. A chronic inflammatory collagen disease affecting connective tissue (skin or joints).
30. An association of people to promote the welfare of senior citizens.
31. A sensation (as of a cold breeze or bright light) that precedes the onset of certain disorders such as a migraine attack or epileptic seizure.
33. (informal) Exceptionally good.
35. A river in north central Switzerland that runs northeast into the Rhine.
37. Give a benediction to.
39. An artificial language intended for international use as an auxiliary language.
42. A metric unit of length equal to 1000 meters (or 0.621371 miles).
43. A member of the Sioux people formerly inhabiting an area along the Missouri river in western North Dakota.
45. Of or relating to the stomach and intestines.
46. A silvery ductile metallic element found primarily in bauxite.
47. Cubes of meat marinated and cooked on a skewer usually with vegetables.
49. A soft silvery metallic element of the alkali earth group.
50. A reptile genus of Iguanidae.
52. The front of the head from the forehead to the chin and ear to ear.
54. (Irish) Mother of the ancient Irish gods.
58. Any wingless blood-sucking parasitic insect noted for ability to leap.
59. An Iranian language spoken in Afghanistan.
61. A device that crushes something.
63. A communist nation that covers a vast territory in eastern Asia.
64. Wading birds of warm regions having long slender down-curved bills.
65. Be a hindrance or obstacle to.
66. Make less active or intense.
67. Of inferior or mixed breed.
68. A town in central Pennsylvania.
69. An intensely radioactive metallic element that occurs in minute amounts in uranium ores.
71. Large semi-evergreen tree of East India.
72. The compass point that is one point east (clockwise) of due north.
76. A federal agency established to coordinate programs aimed at reducing pollution and protecting the environment.
79. A landlocked republic in eastern Europe.
81. A Japanese shrub that resembles members of the genus Spiraea.
85. An antidepressant drug that acts by blocking the reuptake of serotonin so that more serotonin is available to act on receptors in the brain.
86. Type genus of the family Arcidae.
90. Resinlike substance secreted by certain lac insects.
91. A manner of speaking that is natural to native speakers of a language.
94. The inner surface of the hand from the wrist to the base of the fingers.
96. A river in north central Switzerland that runs northeast into the Rhine.
97. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
98. Spanish missionary who founded Franciscan missions in California (1713-1784).
99. South American armadillo with three bands of bony plates.
100. An agency of the United Nations affiliated with the World Bank.
101. An enzyme that catalyzes the oxidation of many body compounds (e.g., epinephrine and norepinephrine and serotonin).
102. Any of various chiefly fall-blooming herbs of the genus Aster with showy daisylike flowers.
103. Tear or be torn violently.
104. A young woman making her debut into society.
1. One of a set of small pieces of stiff paper marked in various ways and used for playing games or for telling fortunes.
2. Evergreen trees and shrubs having oily one-seeded fruits.
3. An East Indian sailor.
4. Eurasian rose with prickly stems and fragrant leaves and bright pink flowers followed by scarlet hips.
5. A local computer network for communication between computers.
6. Tropical starchy tuberous root.
7. (Akkadian) God of wisdom.
8. Comprises tropical American species usually placed in genus Masdevallia.
9. Greenwich Mean Time updated with leap seconds.
10. A unit of weight used in east Asia approximately equal to 1.3 ounces.
11. A unit of dry measure used in Egypt.
12. A tool with a flat blade attached at right angles to a long handle.
13. A member of an aboriginal people living in the hills in southeastern India.
14. An open vessel with a handle and a spout for pouring.
15. A former copper coin of Pakistan.
21. A stiff chitinous seta or bristle especially of an annelid worm.
23. A mark used by an author or editor to indicate where something is to be inserted into a text.
27. A dark brown to greenish oleoresin that has a fragrant odor and is used as a fixative in perfumes.
29. A government tax on imports or exports.
32. Accepted as real or true without proof.
34. A small piece of cloth.
36. Disposed or willing to comply.
38. Witty language used to convey insults or scorn.
40. Old World terrestrial lizard.
41. Trees and shrubs having berries or drupes or capsules as fruits.
44. Of or relating to the Iberian peninsula or its inhabitants.
48. A white or colorless mineral (BaSO4).
51. An associate degree in nursing.
53. Wool of the alpaca.
55. A crystalline metallic element not found in nature.
56. Large harmless hawk found worldwide that feeds on fish and builds a bulky nest often occupied for years.
57. Fertility goddess in ancient Greek mythology.
60. A compound that exists in forms having different arrangements of atoms but the same molecular weight.
62. A Portuguese province on the south coast of China and two islands in the South China Sea.
67. Strong lightweight wood of the balsa tree used especially for floats.
70. Acrylic resin used to make a strong soft crease-resistant fabric (trade name Acrilan).
71. A tool with a flat blade attached at right angles to a long handle.
73. A small pellet fired from an air rifle or BB gun.
74. Antineoplastic drug (trade name Elspar) sometimes used to treat lymphoblastic leukemia.
75. A long brightly colored shawl.
77. A fractional monetary unit in Bangladesh and India and Nepal and Pakistan.
78. Yellow-fever mosquitos.
79. An official prosecutor for a judicial district.
80. A radioactive transuranic element produced by bombarding plutonium with neutrons.
82. A metabolic acid found in yeast and liver cells.
83. The United Nations agency concerned with civil aviation.
84. Channel into a new direction.
87. A sudden short attack.
88. (of a young animal) Abandoned by its mother and raised by hand.
89. An Arabic speaking person who lives in Arabia or North Africa.
92. A metal-bearing mineral valuable enough to be mined.
93. The month following February and preceding April.
95. A machine-readable version of a standard dictionary.