1. God of the earth.
4. English navigator who explored the Arctic while searching for the Northwest Passage (1550-1605).
9. A detailed description of design criteria for a piece of work.
13. A unit of length of thread or yarn.
16. A lipoprotein that transports cholesterol in the blood.
17. An addictive narcotic extracted from seed capsules of the opium poppy.
18. A genus of Mustelidae.
19. A unit of pressure.
20. An agency of the United Nations affiliated with the World Bank.
21. An event that accomplishes its intended purpose.
23. A poisonous colorless flammable gas used in organic synthesis and to dope transistors and as a poison gas in warfare.
25. Used as a Hindi courtesy title.
27. Plant growing in the sea, especially marine algae.
29. An ore of boron consisting of hydrated sodium borate.
30. A radioactive transuranic metallic element.
32. King of the Visigoths who captured Rome in 410 (370-410).
33. A hidden drawback.
38. An artistic form of nonverbal communication.
42. The bottom of a shoe or boot.
44. Any member of a Siouan people speaking one of the Dhegiha languages.
46. Type genus of the family Arcidae.
47. A silvery ductile metallic element found primarily in bauxite.
48. Coffee with the caffeine removed.
50. An independent ruler or chieftain (especially in Africa or Arabia).
51. Mild cream-colored Dutch cheese shaped in balls.
53. Make or become different in some particular way, without permanently losing one's or its former characteristics or essence.
56. A colorless and odorless inert gas.
57. A defensive missile designed to shoot down incoming intercontinental ballistic missiles.
58. Away from the mouth or oral region.
61. The hole that an anchor rope passes through.
64. A levy of one tenth of something.
66. A syllabic script used in writing Sanskrit and Hindi.
67. Wild or domesticated South American cud-chewing animal related to camels but smaller and lacking a hump.
68. Causing a dull and steady pain.
69. Dwell (archaic).
70. Having a strong distinctive fragrance.
71. (Old Testament) The second patriarch.
73. West Indian tree having racemes of fragrant white flowers and yielding a durable timber and resinous juice.
75. Tannin extract derived from any of several mangrove barks of Pacific areas.
76. A trivalent metallic element of the rare earth group.
77. A heavy odorless colorless gas formed during respiration and by the decomposition of organic substances.
79. United States filmmaker (born in Canada) noted for slapstick movies (1880-1960).
86. (trademark) An antacid.
91. Straggling shrub with narrow leaves and conspicuous red flowers in dense globular racemes.
92. (Jewish cookery) A loaf of white bread containing eggs and leavened with yeast.
94. American prizefighter who won the world heavyweight championship three times (born in 1942).
95. The sign language used in the United States.
96. Jordan's port.
98. A member of the Siouan people formerly living in the Missouri river valley in NE Nebraska.
99. Large brownish-green New Zealand parrot.
100. A young woman making her debut into society.
101. Submerged aquatic plant having narrow leaves and small flowers.
102. Someone who works (or provides workers) during a strike.
103. Imperial dynasty that ruled China (most of the time) from 206 BC to 221 and expanded its boundaries and developed its bureaucracy.
1. Marked by lack of intellectual depth.
2. Tropical starchy tuberous root.
3. Divulge information or secrets.
4. An operating system that is on a disk.
5. A constellation in the polar region of the southern hemisphere near Octans.
6. Moral weakness.
7. A member of the Mayan people of the Yucatan peninsula in Mexico.
8. Smallest merganser and most expert diver.
9. A rosid dicot genus that includes moon carrots.
10. The ratio of the circumference to the diameter of a circle.
11. A period marked by distinctive character or reckoned from a fixed point or event.
12. A binary compound of carbon with a more electropositive element.
13. The habitation of wild animals.
14. An inactive volcano in Sicily.
15. A stock exchange in New York.
22. (used especially of vegetation) Having lost all moisture.
24. Land tenure by agricultural service or payment of rent.
26. Having removed clothing.
28. (Irish) Chief god of the Tuatha De Danann.
31. (chemistry) P(otential of) H(ydrogen).
34. Exercise that increases the need for oxygen.
35. A famous chief of the Shawnee who tried to unite Indian tribes against the increasing white settlement (1768-1813).
36. (electricity) Pertaining to or producing electric current by chemical action.
37. A colloidal gel in which water is the dispersion medium.
39. Game in which matchsticks are arranged in rows and players alternately remove one or more of them.
40. (anatomy) Of or relating to a chiasm.
41. The range within which a voice can be heard.
43. A white soft metallic element that tarnishes readily.
45. A gray tetravalent metallic element that resembles zirconium chemically and is found in zirconium minerals.
49. Long-bodied long-tailed tropical American wildcat.
52. How long something has existed.
54. A port city in southwestern Iran.
55. A corporation authorized by Congress to provide a secondary market for residential mortgages.
59. An Arabic speaking person who lives in Arabia or North Africa.
60. English theoretical physicist who applied relativity theory to quantum mechanics and predicted the existence of antimatter and the positron (1902-1984).
62. Type genus of the Alaudidae.
63. A unit of power equal to 1 joule per second.
65. Doglike nocturnal mammal of Africa and southern Asia that feeds chiefly on carrion.
72. A native or inhabitant of Crete.
73. The tenth month of the Hindu calendar.
74. Type genus of the Amiidae.
78. A member of the Siouan people formerly living in the Missouri river valley in NE Nebraska.
80. Freedom from difficulty or hardship or effort.
81. Agency of the United States government charged with mediating disputes between management and labor.
82. The basic unit of money in Bangladesh.
83. Of or relating to or characteristic of Thailand of its people.
84. Of or relating to or characteristic of the Republic of Chad or its people or language.
85. Voluntary contributions to aid the poor.
87. According to the Old Testament he was a pagan king of Israel and husband of Jezebel (9th century BC).
88. The cardinal number that is the fifth power of ten.
89. Evergreen trees and shrubs having oily one-seeded fruits.
90. A city of central China.
93. Resinlike substance secreted by certain lac insects.
97. A soft silvery metallic element of the alkali earth group.