1. A wad of something chewable as tobacco.
5. Small buffalo of the Celebes having small straight horns.
9. British writer of short stories (1870-1916).
13. Any of various units of capacity.
16. A Bantu language spoken in southern Zaire.
17. Cause a floating log to rotate by treading.
18. (Old Testament) In Judeo-Christian mythology.
19. A constellation in the southern hemisphere near Telescopium and Norma.
20. Tropical American plants with basal rosettes of fibrous sword-shaped leaves and flowers in tall spikes.
21. West Indian tree having racemes of fragrant white flowers and yielding a durable timber and resinous juice.
23. State in northeastern India.
25. A measured portion of medicine taken at any one time.
27. Someone employed to conduct others.
28. A gray tetravalent metallic element that resembles zirconium chemically and is found in zirconium minerals.
29. A material effigy that is worshipped as a god.
31. Being one more than one hundred.
37. Further or added.
42. Treated with iodine.
44. The mother-in-law of Ruth whose story is told in the Book of Ruth in the Old Testament.
45. Reduce to ashes.
48. Short-tailed rough-haired South American rodent.
49. A lyric poem with complex stanza forms.
52. Semi-evergreen South American tree with odd-pinnate leaves and golden yellow flowers cultivated as an ornamental.
54. A salt of any halogen acid.
56. An undergarment worn by women to support their breasts.
57. Chief port of Yemen.
58. A medicinal drug used to evoke vomiting (especially in cases of drug overdose or poisoning).
59. A deep bow.
61. (Spanish) Saffron-flavored dish made of rice with shellfish and chicken.
63. Israeli general and statesman (1915-1981).
64. An intensely radioactive metallic element that occurs in minute amounts in uranium ores.
65. Of or relating to the stomach and intestines.
66. A very light colorless element that is one of the six inert gasses.
67. (Norse mythology) Goddess of old age who defeated Thor in a wrestling match.
75. (astronomy) The angular distance of a celestial point measured westward along the celestial equator from the zenith crossing.
76. Type genus of the Anatidae.
79. A light semitransparent fabric.
84. A person who lacks good judgment.
87. Two-masted sailing vessel square-rigged on both masts.
88. English clergyman who (with John Henry Newman and Edward Pusey) founded the Oxford Movement (1792-1866).
89. An accountant certified by the state.
90. A game in which numbered balls are drawn and random and players cover the corresponding numbers on their cards.
92. A unit of length equal to 1760 yards.
94. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
95. Imperial dynasty that ruled China (most of the time) from 206 BC to 221 and expanded its boundaries and developed its bureaucracy.
96. The act of swimming.
97. (informal) Exceptionally good.
98. An anxiety disorder characterized by chronic free-floating anxiety and such symptoms as tension or sweating or trembling of light-headedness or irritability etc that has lasted for more than six months.
1. Wearing or provided with clothing.
2. French poet and novelist and dramatist.
3. Cause to be embarrassed.
4. The shape of a wave illustrated graphically by plotting the values of the period quantity against time.
5. The blood group whose red cells carry both the A and B antigens.
6. A rechargeable battery with a nickel cathode and a cadmium anode.
7. A person who delivers a speech or oration.
8. The univalent unsaturated organic radical C3H5.
9. The wood of the sabicu which resembles mahogany.
10. (Babylonian) God of storms and wind.
11. Unknown god.
12. (psychoanalysis) An idealized image of someone (usually a parent) formed in childhood.
13. An oil port in southern Iraq.
14. A small nail.
15. Pathetically lacking in force or effectiveness.
22. A public promotion of some product or service.
24. Be sufficient.
26. (British) Sleep.
30. Footwear shaped to fit the foot (below the ankle) with a flexible upper of leather or plastic and a sole and heel of heavier material.
32. Hard ticks.
33. Some unspecified time in the future.
34. A large and densely populated urban area.
35. Any liquid suitable for drinking.
36. Lack of strength or vigor esp from illness.
38. A native American tent.
39. The branch of computer science that deal with writing computer programs that can solve problems creatively.
40. Disposed of as useless.
41. A tricycle (usually propelled by pedalling).
43. Large west African tree having large palmately lobed leaves and axillary cymose panicles of small white flowers and one-winged seeds.
46. Subject to a ruling authority.
47. Any of several tall tropical palms native to southeastern Asia having egg-shaped nuts.
50. A small bottle that contains a drug (especially a sealed sterile container for injection by needle).
51. Late time of life.
53. Release or vent, as of emotions and reactions.
55. A bachelor's degree in science.
60. Club consisting of a heavy stick (often bamboo) bound with iron.
62. A three-year law degree.
68. Being one more than one.
69. A Russian river.
70. A motley assortment of things.
71. A string of more than 3,000 islands east of Asia extending 1,300 miles between the Sea of Japan and the western Pacific Ocean.
72. Term of address for a man.
73. An upward slope or grade (as in a road).
74. A high wave (often dangerous) caused by tidal flow (as by colliding tidal currents or in a narrow estuary).
77. Plant with an elongated head of broad stalked leaves resembling celery.
78. (Greek mythology) Goddess of the earth and mother of Cronus and the Titans in ancient mythology.
79. A public promotion of some product or service.
80. A slender double-reed instrument.
81. A brace that extends from the rear of the keel to support the rudderpost.
82. Primitive chlorophyll-containing mainly aquatic eukaryotic organisms lacking true stems and roots and leaves.
83. A soft heavy toxic malleable metallic element.
85. A gradual decline (in size or strength or power or number).
86. An audiotape recording of sound.
87. A state in northwestern United States on the Pacific.
91. A state in New England.
93. A white soft metallic element that tarnishes readily.