1. Mythical bird of prey having enormous size and strength.
4. (British and Australian) A cheap wine of inferior quality.
9. A correctional institution used to detain persons who are in the lawful custody of the government (either accused persons awaiting trial or convicted persons serving a sentence).
13. The residue that remains when something is burned.
16. Any of various systems of units for measuring electricity and magnetism.
17. A nobleman (in various countries) of varying rank.
18. Large sweet juicy hybrid between tangerine and grapefruit having a thick wrinkled skin.
19. (Hawaiian) A small guitar having four strings.
20. An emotional response that has been acquired by conditioning.
21. In an alarming manner.
23. A drug (trade names Atarax and Vistaril) used as a tranquilizer to treat anxiety and motion sickness.
25. American novelist (1909-1955).
27. Resembling or characteristic of or appropriate to an elegy.
29. A rugged box (usually made of wood).
30. A city in Veneto.
32. A republic in West Africa on the Gulf of Guinea.
33. Having services engaged for a fee.
34. A unit of information equal to one million (1,048,576) bytes.
36. Concluding state of pregnancy.
38. (Roman mythology) Supreme god of Romans.
43. An international organization of European countries formed after World War II to reduce trade barriers and increase cooperation among its members.
47. A theocratic republic in the Middle East in western Asia.
48. A member of an Indian people formerly living along the Gulf coast of Louisiana and Texas.
54. A noisy riotous fight.
55. A small hole (usually round and finished around the edges) in cloth or leather for the passage of a cord.
56. A Bantu language spoken by the Kamba people in Kenya.
57. Armor plate that protects the chest.
60. A coenzyme derived from the B vitamin nicotinic acid.
61. Give pleasure to.
62. Be abundant or plentiful.
63. Half the width of an em.
66. A Hindu prince or king in India.
68. Neckwear consisting of a long narrow piece of material worn (mostly by men) under a collar and tied in knot at the front.
69. Relating to or included in the zodiac.
73. Informal terms for a mother.
75. Fleshy spore-bearing inner mass of e.g. a puffball or stinkhorn.
76. South American wood sorrel cultivated for its edible tubers.
78. A white metallic element that burns with a brilliant light.
79. The hair growing on the lower part of a man's face.
82. Mottled curly-grained wood of Pterocarpus indicus.
85. Type genus of the Alcidae comprising solely the razorbill.
89. A capacitance unit equal to one billion farads.
91. Small genus of evergreen trees of tropical America and western Africa.
93. A river in north central Switzerland that runs northeast into the Rhine.
94. A very troublesome child.
95. A small cake leavened with yeast.
97. Small ornamental ladies' bag for small articles.
98. A fluorocarbon with chlorine.
99. The time that has elapsed.
100. Type genus of the Anatidae.
101. A sudden short attack.
102. Large brownish-green New Zealand parrot.
1. A summary that repeats the substance of a longer discussion.
2. The ending of a series or sequence.
3. Freed from illness or injury.
4. A solution containing a phosphate buffer.
5. A cord that is drawn through eyelets or around hooks in order to draw together two edges (as of a shoe or garment).
6. Using speech rather than writing.
7. A constitutional monarchy in northern Europe on the western side of the Scandinavian Peninsula.
8. Originally a person of noble birth trained to arms and chivalry.
9. A republic in northeastern South America.
10. A soft white precious univalent metallic element having the highest electrical and thermal conductivity of any metal.
11. Leaf or strip from a leaf of the talipot palm used in India for writing paper.
12. Chinese tree cultivated especially in Philippines and India for its edible fruit.
13. 100 aurar equal 1 krona.
14. Sports equipment that is worn on the feet to enable the wearer to glide along on wheels and to be propelled by the alternate actions of the legs.
15. (usually used colloquially) Causing or accompanied by misfortune.
22. A person who has lied or who lies repeatedly.
24. Fleshy and usually brightly colored cover of some seeds that develops from the ovule stalk and partially or entirely envelopes the seed.
26. Mason wasps.
28. A warning against certain acts.
31. The blood group whose red cells carry both the A and B antigens.
35. Relating to bone or to the skeleton.
37. A radioactive element of the actinide series.
39. Aromatic Eurasian perennial.
40. Well grounded in logic or truth or having legal force.
41. (Akkadian) God of wisdom.
42. By chance.
44. Transpose and remain equal in value.
45. A republic in southeastern Europe on the Adriatic coast of the Balkan Peninsula.
46. A curve in a stream.
49. Cubes of meat marinated and cooked on a skewer usually with vegetables.
50. By bad luck.
51. Disciple of Jesus and leader of the apostles.
52. Jordan's port.
53. An international organization created in 1949 by the North Atlantic Treaty for purposes of collective security.
58. The unlimited 3-dimensional expanse in which everything is located.
59. Type genus of the Majidae.
64. Move from one place to another.
65. (Norse mythology) God of light and peace and noted for his beauty and sweet nature.
67. Genus of widely distributed agarics that have white spores and are poisonous with few exceptions.
68. Leaf or strip from a leaf of the talipot palm used in India for writing paper.
70. A port city in southwestern Iran.
71. A rapid escape (as by criminals).
72. An awkward stupid person.
74. The cry made by sheep.
77. Alcoholic drink from fermented cider (`cider' and `cyder' are European (especially British) usage for the fermented beverage).
80. A Spanish river.
81. (old-fashioned) At or from or to a great distance.
83. South African term for `boss'.
84. Wild sheep of northern Africa.
85. The 22nd letter of the Greek alphabet.
86. The state of needing something that is absent or unavailable.
87. A small restaurant where drinks and snacks are sold.
88. Type genus of the family Arcidae.
90. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
92. A resource.
96. A soft silvery metallic element of the alkali earth group.