1. The elementary stages of any subject (usually plural).
4. A resort city in western Florida.
9. Not widely known.
13. The sense organ for hearing and equilibrium.
16. A chronic skin disease occurring primarily in women between the ages of 20 and 40.
17. True firs.
18. A fee charged for exchanging currencies.
19. The 21st letter of the Greek alphabet.
20. Type genus of the Pandionidae.
22. A saying of Jesus that is regarded as authentic although it is not recorded in the Gospels.
24. An ugly evil-looking old woman.
25. Footwear shaped to fit the foot (below the ankle) with a flexible upper of leather or plastic and a sole and heel of heavier material.
26. A state in New England.
27. Painter (born in Germany, resident of France and the United States) who was a cofounder of Dadaism.
29. Considerate and solicitous care.
31. A soft cotton or worsted fabric with an open mesh.
33. Erect leafless flower stalk growing directly from the ground as in a tulip.
35. The topmost one of two.
37. Speak in a nasal voice.
41. The 19th letter of the Hebrew alphabet.
43. A percussion instrument consisting of a metal plate that is struck with a soft-headed drumstick.
45. Fleshy and usually brightly colored cover of some seeds that develops from the ovule stalk and partially or entirely envelopes the seed.
46. Sloping upward.
48. Satisfy (thirst).
51. A silvery ductile metallic element found primarily in bauxite.
52. Lower in esteem.
54. Distributed or sold illicitly.
56. Made from residue of grapes or apples after pressing.
59. (used of arms and legs) Bent outward with the joint away from the body.
62. A New England state.
63. A self-funded retirement plan that allows you to contribute a limited yearly sum toward your retirement.
64. Small buffalo of the Celebes having small straight horns.
65. An embroidered rug made from a coarse Indian felt.
66. To gain with effort.
68. An official language of the Republic of South Africa.
69. Not out.
70. Of or relating to near the ear.
72. A chronic inflammatory collagen disease affecting connective tissue (skin or joints).
73. Being ten more than one hundred ninety.
74. A large fleet.
77. A person with the same name as another.
80. A decree that prohibits something.
82. A game in which darts are thrown at a dartboard.
83. English scholastic philosopher and assumed author of Occam's Razor (1285-1349).
88. Essential oil or perfume obtained from flowers.
91. The cry made by sheep.
92. (Babylonian) God of storms and wind.
94. English theoretical physicist who applied relativity theory to quantum mechanics and predicted the existence of antimatter and the positron (1902-1984).
97. The quality of a color as determined by its dominant wavelength.
98. A slippery or viscous liquid or liquefiable substance not miscible with water.
99. A region of Malaysia in northeastern Borneo.
101. Spanish painter best known for his portraits (1746-1828).
102. A master's degree in library science.
103. An inflammatory complication of leprosy that results in painful skin lesions on the arms and legs and face.
104. A branch of the Tai languages.
105. Someone who works (or provides workers) during a strike.
106. Hormone secreted by the posterior pituitary gland (trade name Pitressin) and also by nerve endings in the hypothalamus.
1. A system of one or more computers and associated software with common storage.
2. Pompous or pretentious talk or writing.
3. A monument built to honor soldiers who died in a war.
4. Of or relating to or characteristic of Thailand of its people.
5. Little known Kamarupan languages.
6. Submersible vessel for one or two persons.
7. The 17th letter of the Hebrew alphabet.
8. In a state of sleep.
9. Myth about the ultimate destruction of the gods in a battle with evil.
10. Discrimination against middle-aged and elderly people.
11. A state of disorder involving group violence.
12. The longest division of geological time.
13. An ancient Hebrew unit of dry measure equal to about a bushel.
14. According to the Old Testament he was a pagan king of Israel and husband of Jezebel (9th century BC).
15. Port city that is the capital and largest city of Latvia.
21. An ancient Greek city on the slopes of Mount Parnassus.
23. Nicaraguan statesman (born in 1945).
28. Remove salt from.
30. A ductile gray metallic element of the lanthanide series.
32. A silvery soft waxy metallic element of the alkali metal group.
34. Lying in the same plane.
36. Used to refer to cited works.
38. Any of various plants of the genus Aralia.
39. Port city in southwestern Ireland.
40. A quality of refined gracefulness and good taste.
42. Of or relating to Albania or its people or language or culture.
44. A long projecting or anterior elongation of an animal's head.
47. A white soft metallic element that tarnishes readily.
49. United States film actor (born in 1925).
50. A manufacturer that makes and bottles beverages.
53. A Kwa language spoken in Ghana and the Ivory Coast.
55. South American wood sorrel cultivated for its edible tubers.
57. Move about aimlessly or without any destination, often in search of food or employment.
58. West Indian tree having racemes of fragrant white flowers and yielding a durable timber and resinous juice.
60. Nocturnal mouselike mammal with forelimbs modified to form membranous wings and anatomical adaptations for echolocation by which they navigate.
61. (Norse mythology) Ruler of the Aesir.
67. Protective outer layer of seeds of flowering plants.
71. Someone who is morally reprehensible.
75. Having a woven pattern.
76. A family of fish in the order Zeomorphi.
77. A natural and periodic state of rest during which consciousness of the world is suspended.
78. A constitutional monarchy in southeastern Asia on Borneo and the Malay Peninsula.
79. Respiratory disorder characterized by wheezing.
81. Having undesirable or negative qualities.
84. (Old Testament) Cain and Abel were the first children of Adam and Eve born after the Fall of Man.
85. A telephone connection.
86. (Babylonian) God of wisdom and agriculture and patron of scribes and schools.
87. Temporary living quarters.
88. A gray lustrous metallic element of the rare earth group.
89. A Scottish word.
90. The 20th letter of the Hebrew alphabet.
93. The longer of the two telegraphic signals used in Morse code.
94. A large sandwich made of a long crusty roll split lengthwise and filled with meats and cheese (and tomato and onion and lettuce and condiments).
95. Mythical bird of prey having enormous size and strength.
96. A compartment in front of a motor vehicle where driver sits.
100. A colorless explosive liquid that is volatile and poisonous and foul-smelling.