1. A solution containing a phosphate buffer.
4. The brightest star in Virgo.
9. A fencing sword similar to a foil but with a heavier blade.
13. The sense organ for hearing and equilibrium.
16. A zodiacal constellation in northern hemisphere between Cancer and Virgo.
17. Second brightest star in Perseus.
18. Remaining after all deductions.
19. The 21st letter of the Greek alphabet.
20. (Norse mythology) One of the Aesir known for his beauty and skill with bow and skis.
21. Minute aquatic herbs floating on or below the water surface of still water consisting of a leaflike frond or plant body and single root.
22. The capital and chief port of Qatar.
23. An ugly evil-looking old woman.
24. Coffee trees.
26. A family of languages of the Fula people of west Africa in the sub-Sahara regions from Senegal to Chad.
29. The basic unit of money in China.
30. (Old Testament) In Judeo-Christian mythology.
31. An accountant certified by the state.
33. Showing a high degree of refinement and the assurance that comes from wide social experience.
35. A long brightly colored shawl.
39. Genus of tropical trees.
42. The compass point that is one point north of due east.
44. Russian country house.
45. Monotypic genus of palms of Australasia.
46. Mild yellow Dutch cheese made in balls.
49. Asiatic epithet for Rhea or Cybele.
51. With a forward motion.
53. Payment due by the recipient on delivery.
55. A formal contractual relationship established to provide for regular banking or brokerage or business services.
56. Someone (especially a woman) who annoys people by constantly finding fault.
59. Having winglike extensions.
60. Feeling or showing extreme anger.
62. Italian brandy made from residue of grapes after pressing.
63. (Irish) The sea personified.
64. Relating to or resembling an ape.
66. A type of folk song that originated among Black Americans at the beginning of the 20th century.
68. A silvery ductile metallic element found primarily in bauxite.
69. Touched by rot or decay.
71. Someone who works (or provides workers) during a strike.
73. Posing no difficulty.
75. Being ten more than one hundred ninety.
76. The seventh and last day of the week.
78. A town in southwestern Idaho.
79. The blood group whose red cells carry both the A and B antigens.
81. Worn to shreds.
86. Made agreeably cold (especially by ice).
89. The airforce of Great Britain.
91. Surveying instrument consisting of the upper movable part of a theodolite including the telescope and its attachments.
92. (Babylonian) Consort of Anshar.
93. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
94. Tear or be torn violently.
95. Small European freshwater fish with a slender bluish-green body.
97. Flat tableland with steep edges.
98. Having undesirable or negative qualities.
99. Being in a tense state.
100. (Babylonian) God of storms and wind.
101. Again but in a new or different way.
1. The trait of showing courage and determination in spite of possible loss or injury.
2. In or to a place that is lower.
3. A system of solmization using the solfa syllables.
4. The general activity of selling.
5. A fundamental feeling that is hard to define but that people desire to experience.
6. One of the five major classes of immunoglobulins.
7. An informal conversation.
8. Type genus of the Alaudidae.
9. Any ameba of the genus Endamoeba.
10. A laborer who is obliged to do menial work.
11. Motivation based on ideas of right and wrong.
12. The 7th letter of the Greek alphabet.
13. An ancient Hebrew unit of dry measure equal to about a bushel.
14. According to the Old Testament he was a pagan king of Israel and husband of Jezebel (9th century BC).
15. Port city that is the capital and largest city of Latvia.
25. Haddock usually baked but sometimes broiled with lots of butter.
27. A narrow way or road.
28. A handheld collapsible source of shade.
32. A tricycle (usually propelled by pedalling).
34. A unit of absorbed ionizing radiation equal to 100 ergs per gram of irradiated material.
36. Presently existing in fact and not merely potential or possible.
37. Friend of Damon.
38. Lying in or toward the east.
40. Type genus of Xylariaceae.
41. (botany) Of or relating to the development of an embryo in the absence of fertilization.
43. A member of the Samoyedic people living on the Taimyr peninsula in Siberia.
47. Sour or bitter in taste.
48. Relating to principles of right and wrong.
50. The district occupied entirely by the city of Washington.
52. Relatively large in size or number or extent.
54. Type genus of the Dipodidae.
57. One thousand grams.
58. An organization of countries formed in 1961 to agree on a common policy for the sale of petroleum.
61. Dye with a color.
65. Drawn or pressed close to someone or something for or as if for affection or protection.
66. One of the five major classes of immunoglobulins.
67. Type genus of the Lepismatidae.
68. An ancient Hebrew unit of dry measure equal to about a bushel.
70. Use of chemical analysis to estimate the age of geological specimens.
72. Having a back or backing, usually of a specified type.
73. A hard gray lustrous metallic element that is highly corrosion-resistant.
74. A city in western Germany near the Dutch and Belgian borders.
77. Plaything consisting of a child's toy bear (usually plush and stuffed with soft materials).
80. A small cake leavened with yeast.
81. The syllable naming the fourth (subdominant) note of the diatonic scale in solmization.
82. A river in north central Switzerland that runs northeast into the Rhine.
83. An intensely radioactive metallic element that occurs in minute amounts in uranium ores.
84. Tropical starchy tuberous root.
85. No longer having or seeming to have or expecting to have life.
87. Freedom from difficulty or hardship or effort.
88. A gully that is shallower than a ravine.
90. An interest followed with exaggerated zeal.
96. A white metallic element that burns with a brilliant light.