1. The basic unit of money in Albania.
4. The 1st letter of the Hebrew alphabet.
9. A gonadotropic hormone that is secreted by the anterior pituitary.
13. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
16. Black tropical American cuckoo.
17. Long-tailed arboreal mustelid of Central and South America.
18. Acute ulceration of the mucous membranes of the mouth or genitals.
19. A unit of electrical power in an AC circuit equal to the power dissipated when 1 volt produces a current of 1 ampere.
20. Extinct flightless bird of New Zealand.
21. A small tree.
23. Nicaraguan statesman (born in 1945).
24. Free from disturbance.
26. Metal supports for logs in a fireplace.
28. Tag the base runner to get him out.
29. Psychoactive substance present in marijuana.
30. A public promotion of some product or service.
31. A state of abeyance or suspended business.
33. A soft heavy toxic malleable metallic element.
35. An associate degree in applied science.
37. The position or office of a dean.
41. A light springing movement upwards or forwards.
43. One of the five major classes of immunoglobulins.
45. (used as a combining form) Recent or new.
46. A region of Malaysia in northeastern Borneo.
48. English essayist (1775-1834).
49. American poet (born in England) (1907-1973).
51. An anti-TNF compound (trade name Arava) that is given orally.
52. Channel into a new direction.
53. Being one more than fifty.
54. Coffee with the caffeine removed.
57. Strike sharply.
58. The property of being an amount by which something is less than expected or required.
60. Fill with high spirits.
61. An inactive volcano in Sicily.
62. Any of various coarse shrubby plants of the genus Iva with small greenish flowers.
63. A federal agency established to regulate the release of new foods and health-related products.
64. A runner in a one-mile race.
65. Disparaging terms for small people.
66. A student who studies excessively.
68. A large fleet.
70. A unit of weight equivalent to 1000 kilograms.
72. A highly unstable radioactive element (the heaviest of the halogen series).
73. A thick fatty oil (especially one used to lubricate machinery).
75. (trademark) An antacid.
79. An informal term for a father.
82. Aircraft landing in bad weather in which the pilot is talked down by ground control using precision approach radar.
83. German mystic and theosophist who founded modern theosophy.
86. Surrealist Spanish painter (1904-1989).
91. A Kwa language spoken in Ghana and the Ivory Coast.
95. (obstetrics) The number of live-born children a woman has delivered.
96. A dress worn primarily by Hindu women.
97. A cut of pork ribs with much of the meat trimmed off.
98. Primitive chlorophyll-containing mainly aquatic eukaryotic organisms lacking true stems and roots and leaves.
99. Type genus of the Hylidae.
100. Elder brother of Krishna.
101. A mountainous landlocked communist state in southeastern Asia.
1. An artificial source of visible illumination.
2. An organic compound that contains a hydroxyl group bonded to a carbon atom which in turn is doubly bonded to another carbon atom.
3. Deciduous South African tree having large odd-pinnate leaves and profuse fragrant orange-yellow flowers.
4. The territory of Athens in ancient Greece.
5. Soft white semisolid fat obtained by rendering the fatty tissue of the hog v 1.
6. The organ of sight (`peeper' is an informal term for `eye').
7. (of fabric or clothing) Having been given a faded (weathered) appearance by artificial means.
8. A salt of any halogen acid.
9. An advanced student or graduate in medicine gaining supervised practical experience (`houseman' is a British term).
10. A heavy odorless colorless gas formed during respiration and by the decomposition of organic substances.
11. An enthusiastic kiss.
12. A city in northwestern Somalia.
13. Any of various perennials of the genus Geum having usually pinnate basal leaves and variously colored flowers.
14. Mentally or physically infirm with age.
15. An Arabic speaking person who lives in Arabia or North Africa.
22. A trivalent metallic element of the rare earth group.
25. (India) Flat pancake-like bread cooked on a griddle.
27. Providing no shelter or sustenance.
32. A wire net to stop sparks from an open fireplace or smokestack.
34. A supporter who accepts something as true.
36. An arthropod family including.
38. (zoology) Relating to or belonging to or characteristic of any worms of the phylum Annelida.
39. A port in eastern Georgia near the mouth of the Savannah river.
40. (India) Flat pancake-like bread cooked on a griddle.
42. The fare charged for traveling by airplane.
44. A stringed instrument usually having six strings.
47. Of or relating to the African people who speak one of the Bantoid languages or to their culture.
50. Swelling from excessive accumulation of serous fluid in tissue.
55. West Indian tree having racemes of fragrant white flowers and yielding a durable timber and resinous juice.
56. A metric unit of length equal to one quadrillionth of a meter.
59. A radioactive transuranic element.
67. Minute freshwater crustacean having a round body enclosed in a transparent shell.
68. The territory of Athens in ancient Greece.
69. A long-acting crystalline barbiturate (trade name Mebaral) used as a sedative and as an anticonvulsant in the treatment of epilepsy.
70. A salt of any halogen acid.
71. A one-piece cloak worn by men in ancient Rome.
74. A guided missile fired from shipboard against an airborne target.
76. A soft silvery metallic element of the alkali metal group.
77. (logic or grammar) Of or relating to scope.
78. An esoteric or occult matter that is traditionally secret.
79. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
80. (Babylonian) A demigod or first man.
81. A person eating a meal (especially in a restaurant).
84. (informal) Being satisfactory or in satisfactory condition.
85. A British peer ranking below a Marquess and above a Viscount.
87. The basic unit of money on Malta.
88. A small cake leavened with yeast.
89. Formerly a large constellation in the southern hemisphere between Canis Major and the Southern Cross.
90. South African term for `boss'.
92. A state-chartered savings bank owned by its depositors and managed by a board of trustees.
93. A constellation in the southern hemisphere near Telescopium and Norma.
94. The shape of a raised edge of a more or less circular object.