1. (Judaism) Sacred chest where the ancient Hebrews kept the two tablets containing the Ten Commandments.
4. South American armadillo with three bands of bony plates.
8. A point located with respect to surface features of some region.
12. A soft wet area of low-lying land that sinks underfoot.
16. Being one more than two.
17. A Russian river.
18. Extremely robust.
19. The seventh month of the Hindu calendar.
20. Someone who works (or provides workers) during a strike.
22. German engineer and automobile manufacturer who produced the first high-speed internal combustion engine (1834-1900).
24. A burn cause by hot liquid or steam.
25. A person who has lied or who lies repeatedly.
26. Bring something new to an environment.
28. The lean flesh of a fish similar to cod.
29. (prefix) Within.
30. A high-crowned black cap (usually made of felt or sheepskin) worn by men in Turkey and Iran and the Caucasus.
31. Made agreeably cold (especially by ice).
32. (`cease' is a noun only in the phrase `without cease') End v 1.
33. (Greek mythology) The god of the underworld in ancient mythology.
36. Large burrowing rodent of South and Central America.
39. A metallic element having four allotropic forms.
41. (biology) In a condition of biological rest or suspended animation.
45. Any of a number of fishes of the family Carangidae.
48. New World skinks.
50. English monk and scholar (672-735).
52. A widely distributed system of free and fixed macrophages derived from bone marrow.
54. Reduce the edge or violence of.
55. (computer science) A unit for measuring computing power.
57. A soft cotton or worsted fabric with an open mesh.
59. Characterized by lightness and insubstantiality.
61. A small island.
62. Make synchronous and adjust in time or manner.
63. Completely lacking nobility in character or quality or purpose.
67. A state of southwestern India.
68. An organic compound that contains a hydroxyl group bonded to a carbon atom which in turn is doubly bonded to another carbon atom.
70. An independent ruler or chieftain (especially in Africa or Arabia).
73. An infant considered in relation to its nurse.
75. The eighth month of the civil year.
79. A unit of elastance equal to the reciprocal of a farad.
81. A special situation.
83. An Indian tree of the family Combretaceae that is a source of timber and gum.
85. A worker who installs and repairs electric wiring.
87. A broad flat muscle on either side of the back.
88. A rich black loam of India.
91. An overwhelming feeling of wonder or admiration.
92. The compass point midway between northeast and east.
93. A shot in billiards made by hitting the cue ball with the cue held nearly vertically.
94. Flightless New Zealand rail of thievish disposition having short wings each with a spur used in fighting.
95. The compass point that is midway between north and northwest.
1. A long narrow passage (as in a cave or woods).
2. A toxic protein extracted from castor beans.
3. Deciduous South African tree having large odd-pinnate leaves and profuse fragrant orange-yellow flowers.
4. A silvery ductile metallic element found primarily in bauxite.
5. A tricycle (usually propelled by pedalling).
6. A genus of tropical American plants have sword-shaped leaves and a fleshy compound fruits composed of the fruits of several flowers (such as pineapples).
7. Lacking rain.
8. The forest trees growing in a country or region.
9. Deliver a sermon.
10. Dutch astronomer who proved that the galaxy is rotating and proposed the existence of the Oort cloud (1900-1992).
11. A state in east central United States.
12. Exaggerated masculinity.
13. (Old Testament) The second patriarch.
14. German poet (born in Austria) whose imagery and mystic lyricism influenced 20-th century German literature (1875-1926).
15. Having come or been brought to a conclusion.
21. Thick heavy expensive material with a raised pattern.
23. Cleaning implement consisting of absorbent material fastened to a handle.
27. Marriage within one's own tribe or group as required by custom or law.
34. (Babylonian) God of storms and wind.
35. Bulky grayish-brown eagle with a short wedge-shaped white tail.
37. Sharpness of vision.
38. (Arthurian legend) The battlefield where King Arthur was mortally wounded.
40. Used as a Hindi courtesy title.
42. (of actions or states) Slightly short of or not quite accomplished.
43. The small projection of a mammary gland.
44. Adornment consisting of a bunch of cords fastened at one end.
46. A member of a Turkic people of Uzbekistan and neighboring areas.
47. City in western Colombia.
49. Of or relating to a geological eon (longer than an era).
51. Or or related to the synthetic phase of metabolism.
56. Assign great social importance to.
58. United States baseball player and manager (1873-1934).
60. A rare heavy polyvalent metallic element that resembles manganese chemically and is used in some alloys.
64. The Teutonic goddess of fertility.
65. (of winds) Coming from the sea toward the land.
66. (astronomy) The angular distance of a celestial point measured westward along the celestial equator from the zenith crossing.
69. A heavy silvery toxic univalent and bivalent metallic element.
71. United States naval officer and historian (1840-1914).
72. Feeling or showing extreme anger.
74. 100 ngwee equal 1 kwacha.
76. A group of language of the Hokan family in Arizona and California and Mexico.
77. (Welsh) Lord of Annwfn (the other world.
78. Re-establish on a new, usually improved, basis or make new or like new.
80. Found on a farm.
82. A particular geographical region of indefinite boundary (usually serving some special purpose or distinguished by its people or culture or geography).
84. System of measurement based on centimeters and grams and seconds.
85. (comparative of `little' usually used with mass nouns) Quantifier meaning not as great in amount or degree.
86. A liquid used for printing or writing or drawing.
89. (Akkadian) God of wisdom.
90. The compass point midway between south and west.