1. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
4. Weedy annual native to Europe but widely distributed as a weed especially in wheat.
9. The act of scanning.
13. The longer of the two telegraphic signals used in Morse code.
16. A unit of absorbed ionizing radiation equal to 100 ergs per gram of irradiated material.
17. Tropical American tree producing cacao beans.
18. A cord that is drawn through eyelets or around hooks in order to draw together two edges (as of a shoe or garment).
19. Fermented alcoholic beverage similar to but heavier than beer.
20. By bad luck.
22. The most northwestern Hawaiian island (beyond Kauai).
23. A linguistic element added to a word to produce an inflected or derived form v 1.
25. A Chadic language spoken in northern Nigeria.
26. A steep rugged rock or cliff.
27. Widely distributed genus of herbs or shrubs with glandular compound leaves and spicate or racemose purple or white flowers.
28. The syllable naming the sixth (submediant) note of a major or minor scale in solmization.
30. (Babylonian) The sky god.
32. Lacking either stimulating or irritating characteristics.
33. A military trainee (as at a military academy).
36. On end or upright.
39. The state of being decayed or destroyed.
43. Consideration in dealing with others and avoiding giving offence.
47. Any of several related languages of the Celts in Ireland and Scotland.
48. A flat wing-shaped process or winglike part of an organism.
49. Make amends for.
51. A small amount (especially of a drink).
52. The dense colorless framework of a chloroplast.
55. State in eastern India on the Bay of Bengal.
58. A unit of surface area equal to 100 square meters.
60. A Uralic language spoken by a Samoyed people of northern Siberia.
61. A genus of delicate ferns belonging to the family Osmundaceae.
63. Fish eggs or egg-filled ovary.
64. The iridescent internal layer of a mollusk shell.
68. A silvery soft waxy metallic element of the alkali metal group.
69. (prefix) Within.
70. A logarithmic unit of sound intensity.
77. The immature free-living form of most invertebrates and amphibians and fish which at hatching from the egg is fundamentally unlike its parent and must metamorphose.
78. Characteristic or or befitting a friend.
82. East Indian tree bearing a profusion of intense vermilion velvet-textured blooms and yielding a yellow dye.
84. The friend of Phintias who pledged his life that Phintias would return (4th century BC).
87. A river in north central Switzerland that runs northeast into the Rhine.
88. An alloy of mercury with another metal (usually silver) used by dentists to fill cavities in teeth.
90. A nucleic acid that transmits genetic information from DNA to the cytoplasm.
91. A sock with a separation for the big toe.
92. An amino acid that is found in the central nervous system.
94. The sediment from fermentation of an alcoholic beverage.
95. Consisting of or made of wood of the oak tree.
96. A chalcedony with alternating black and white bands.
97. According to the Old Testament he was a pagan king of Israel and husband of Jezebel (9th century BC).
98. Type genus of the Alcidae comprising solely the razorbill.
1. An Arabic speaking person who lives in Arabia or North Africa.
2. Offering fun and gaiety.
3. (Babylonian) God of storms and wind.
4. Being ten more than one hundred ninety.
5. The production of young from an egg.
6. An international organization of European countries formed after World War II to reduce trade barriers and increase cooperation among its members.
7. The capital and largest city of Yemen.
8. Polished and well-groomed.
9. A blow from a flat object (as an open hand).
10. A road that is raised above water or marshland or sand v 1.
11. A radioactive element of the actinide series.
12. Close at hand.
13. Little known Kamarupan languages.
14. Not contained in or deriving from the essential nature of something.
15. The cardinal number that is the sum of five and one.
21. (Greek mythology) Goddess of the moon in ancient mythology.
24. A dissolute character in Shakespeare's plays.
29. A highly unstable radioactive element (the heaviest of the halogen series).
31. Being or having an unknown or unnamed source.
34. Characteristic of the dawn.
35. Easy to perceive.
37. A Chadic language spoken south of Lake Chad.
38. Before noon.
40. A river of southwestern Africa that rises in central Angola and flows east and then north (forming part of the border between Angola and Congo) and continuing northwest through Congo to empty into the Congo River on the border between Congo and Republic of the Congo.
41. In or of the month preceding the present one.
42. A traditional Japanese system of unarmed combat.
44. Out of bed.
45. The battle in which Attila the Hun was defeated by the Romans and Visigoths in 451.
46. A group of people attractively arranged (as if in a painting).
50. Large brown seaweeds having fluted leathery fronds.
53. Alloy of copper and tin and zinc.
54. A radioactive transuranic element which has been synthesized.
56. Scientific instrument that provides a flashing light synchronized with the periodic movement of an object.
57. The compass point midway between south and southeast.
59. The syllable naming the fourth (subdominant) note of the diatonic scale in solmization.
62. Angular distance above the horizon (especially of a celestial object).
65. A quiet song intended to lull a child to sleep.
66. One of the most common of the five major classes of immunoglobulins.
67. Large mackerel with long pointed snout.
68. Little known Kamarupan languages.
71. A member of an agricultural people of southern India.
72. A kind of person.
73. Relating to the Urdu language.
74. A violent hot sand-laden wind on the deserts of Arabia and North Africa.
75. Someone whose business is advertising.
76. A shallow drinking cup with two handles.
79. Type genus of the Ranidae.
80. A republic in the Middle East in western Asia.
81. An international organization created in 1949 by the North Atlantic Treaty for purposes of collective security.
83. A woman hired to suckle a child of someone else.
85. An organization of countries formed in 1961 to agree on a common policy for the sale of petroleum.
86. An independent agency of the United States government responsible for aviation and spaceflight.
89. The bill in a restaurant.
90. Minor or subordinate.
93. A soft silvery metallic element of the alkali earth group.