1. Thickening of tissue in the motor tracts of the lateral columns and anterior horns of the spinal cord.
4. A city in central New York.
9. (computer science) A unit for measuring the execution speed of computers.
13. The syllable naming the first (tonic) note of any major scale in solmization.
16. Committee formed by a special-interest group to raise money for their favorite political candidates.
17. (Hinduism) An ascetic holy man.
18. In the Roman calendar.
19. Any of various primates with short tails or no tail at all.
20. Any of various coarse shrubby plants of the genus Iva with small greenish flowers.
21. Slanderous defamation.
22. A connecting point at which several lines come together.
23. Goddess of the dead and queen of the underworld.
24. A region of Malaysia in northeastern Borneo.
26. The most widely spoken Bantu languages.
29. A shop selling delicatessen (as salads or cooked meats).
31. Resinlike substance secreted by certain lac insects.
32. Counting the number of white and red blood cells and the number of platelets in 1 cubic millimeter of blood.
33. Large genus of tropical American vines having showy often spotted umbellate flowers.
36. A Tibetan or Mongolian priest of Lamaism.
38. Small buffalo of the Celebes having small straight horns.
42. Lacking excess flesh.
45. Open-heart surgery in which the rib cage is opened and a section of a blood vessel is grafted from the aorta to the coronary artery to bypass the blocked section of the coronary artery and improve the blood supply to the heart.
46. A former copper coin of Pakistan.
47. Any of numerous perennial bulbous herbs having linear or broadly lanceolate leaves and usually a single showy flower.
49. A ski run densely packed with snow.
50. Feline mammal usually having thick soft fur and being unable to roar.
51. An island in Indonesia south of Borneo.
52. A complex red organic pigment containing iron and other atoms to which oxygen binds.
55. An ancient Assyrian city on the River Tigris and traditional capital of Assyria.
56. A fabric made by knitting.
58. An enzyme that occurs in gastric juice.
60. The blood group whose red cells carry both the A and B antigens.
62. A period marked by distinctive character or reckoned from a fixed point or event.
63. A contagious skin infection caused by the itch mite.
64. Willing to be taught or led or supervised or directed.
65. A state in southeastern India on the Bay of Bengal (south of Andhra Pradesh).
67. A state in New England.
68. 300 to 3000 megahertz.
70. A light strong gray lustrous corrosion-resistant metallic element used in strong light-weight alloys (as for airplane parts).
71. An event that is a beginning.
77. Informal terms for a meal.
79. An international organization of European countries formed after World War II to reduce trade barriers and increase cooperation among its members.
80. A green dye, often used to color cloth, which is obtained from the woad plant.
82. (Islam) The man who leads prayers in a mosque.
87. Of or pertaining to the Avesta (sacred text of Zoroastrianism).
89. Of the appetites and passions of the body.
92. An informal term for a father.
93. A doctor who practices veterinary medicine.
94. Remove a bar from (a door, for example).
96. Any competition.
97. Being one more than two.
98. The part of the nervous system of vertebrates that controls involuntary actions of the smooth muscles and heart and glands.
99. Swelling from excessive accumulation of serous fluid in tissue.
100. A fencing sword similar to a foil but with a heavier blade.
101. (prefix) Opposite or opposing or neutralizing.
1. Type genus of the Apidae.
2. Rock that in its molten form (as magma) issues from volcanos.
3. Someone who works (or provides workers) during a strike.
4. Irish prelate who deduced from the Bible that Creation occurred in the year 4004 BC (1581-1656).
5. A woolen cap of Scottish origin.
6. Deciduous round-headed Asiatic tree widely grown in mild climates as an ornamental for its heart-shaped leaves and fragrant yellow-green flowers followed by hanging clusters of fleshy orange-red berries.
7. A wad of something chewable as tobacco.
8. Of or pertaining to hearing or the ear.
9. (British) A minicar used as a taxicab.
10. A material effigy that is worshipped as a god.
11. A tricycle (usually propelled by pedalling).
12. The compass point midway between south and southeast.
13. Tropical woody herb with showy yellow flowers and flat pods.
14. An organization of countries formed in 1961 to agree on a common policy for the sale of petroleum.
15. Goddess of the dead and queen of the underworld.
25. A city in southern Turkey on the Seyhan River.
27. Archaebacteria requiring a salt-rich environment for growth and survival.
28. Any of various spiny trees or shrubs of the genus Acacia.
30. A tight-fitting garment that covers the body from the shoulders to the thighs (and may have long sleeves or legs reaching down to the ankles).
34. Poisonous herbs.
35. Resembling or characteristic of a prophet or prophecy.
37. (trademark) A liquid that temporarily disables a person.
39. Egyptian statesman who nationalized the Suez Canal (1918-1870).
40. Block passage through.
41. Youthful appearance in an old person.
43. Turn pale, as if in fear.
44. The branch of computer science that deal with writing computer programs that can solve problems creatively.
48. Of or relating to the uvea of the eye.
53. Used of a single unit or thing.
54. Wealth regarded as an evil influence.
57. Informal terms for clothing.
59. (British slang) An unpleasant smell.
61. (computer science) A data transmission rate (bits/second) for modems.
66. Not still wet.
69. A constellation in the southern hemisphere near Telescopium and Norma.
72. A Uralic language spoken by a Samoyed people of northern Siberia.
73. A sculpture representing a human or animal.
74. A land mass (smaller than a continent) that is surrounded by water.
75. Make soiled, filthy, or dirty.
76. The French-speaking part of the Canadian Maritime Provinces.
78. A decree that prohibits something.
81. Divisible by two.
83. God of death.
84. On or toward the lee.
85. A quantity that is added.
86. Make editorial changes (in a text).
88. The compass point that is one point east (clockwise) of due north.
90. A diagrammatic representation of the earth's surface (or part of it).
91. (informal) Of the highest quality.
95. Before noon.