1. A police officer who investigates crimes.
4. Hungarian choreographer who developed Labanotation (1879-1958).
9. The work of caring for or attending to someone or something.
13. The basic unit of electric current adopted under the System International d'Unites.
16. (Irish) Mother of the ancient Irish gods.
17. Any plant of the genus Erica.
18. In bed.
19. A unit of length of thread or yarn.
20. A lipoprotein that transports cholesterol in the blood.
21. A place of inviolable privacy.
23. Periwinkle plant derivative used as an antineoplastic drug (trade name Velban) that disrupts cell division.
25. 100 kopecks equal 1 ruble.
27. Unpleasantly harsh or grating in sound.
29. City in Sudan.
30. 100 avos equal 1 pataca.
32. A genus of Mustelidae.
34. Genus of shrubs of southwestern United States and Mexico.
38. A brittle gray crystalline element that is a semiconducting metalloid (resembling silicon) used in transistors.
39. Communicate electronically on the computer.
43. A state in east central United States.
46. Any thick messy substance.
48. Touched by rot or decay.
49. American professional baseball player who hit more home runs than Babe Ruth (born in 1934).
51. (histology) The use of a dye to color specimens for microscopic study.
53. A particular geographical region of indefinite boundary (usually serving some special purpose or distinguished by its people or culture or geography).
55. The United Nations agency concerned with atomic energy.
56. Goddess of the dead and queen of the underworld.
57. American silversmith remembered for his midnight ride (celebrated in a poem by Longfellow) to warn the colonists in Lexington and Concord that British troops were coming (1735-1818).
59. A subdivision of a larger religious group.
60. An Arabic speaking person who lives in Arabia or North Africa.
63. A white metallic element that burns with a brilliant light.
65. Of or relating to or characteristic of Thailand of its people.
66. Cubes of meat marinated and cooked on a skewer usually with vegetables.
67. Goddess of fertility.
69. Tall hat.
71. Mild yellow Dutch cheese made in balls.
73. A blow from a flat object (as an open hand).
76. A primeval personification of air and breath.
77. Verse in the meter used in Greek and Latin poetry consisting of strophes of 4 tetrametric lines.
80. A white linen liturgical vestment with sleeves.
82. A coffee cake flavored with orange rind and raisins and almonds.
85. A quantity of no importance.
88. Having help.
92. Small space in a tissue or part such as the area between veins on a leaf or an insect's wing.
94. The willful and unlawful crippling or mutilation of another person.
96. The basic unit of money in Western Samoa.
97. Fiddler crabs.
98. 100 lwei equal 1 kwanza.
100. A network of intersecting blood vessels or intersecting nerves or intersecting lymph vessels.
101. An independent ruler or chieftain (especially in Africa or Arabia).
102. An informal term for a father.
103. A period of time containing 365 (or 366) days.
104. A condition (mostly in boys) characterized by behavioral and learning disorders.
105. Hard strong durable yellowish-brown wood of teak trees.
1. A fine grained mineral having a soft soapy feel and consisting of hydrated magnesium silicate.
2. (prefix) Within.
3. A high-crowned black cap (usually made of felt or sheepskin) worn by men in Turkey and Iran and the Caucasus.
4. Least expensive statin drug (trade name Lescol).
5. Any of various strong liquors distilled from the fermented sap of toddy palms or from fermented molasses.
6. A container.
7. The capital and largest city of Ghana with a deep-water port.
8. Relating to or accompanying birth.
9. Providing sophisticated amusement by virtue of having artificially (and vulgarly) mannered or banal or sentimental qualities.
10. The blood group whose red cells carry both the A and B antigens.
11. Rate of revolution of a motor.
12. Order of mammals having few or no teeth including.
13. State capital of New York.
14. Composed of or covered with relatively large particles.
15. Perennial herbs of eastern North America and Asia having aromatic tuberous roots.
22. The act of using.
24. A former province of east central France.
26. A member of the people inhabiting an area of northern Mongolia and eastern Siberia.
28. A person who yields or surrenders.
31. A formal expression of praise.
33. A New England state.
35. Having testicles or ovaries removed.
36. The basic unit of money in Peru.
37. Having or arranged in tiers.
40. An Asian river.
41. A hard brittle gray polyvalent metallic element that resembles iron but is not magnetic.
42. A reappearance of an earlier characteristic.
44. Thin usually unleavened johnnycake made of cornmeal.
45. Line of descent traced through the maternal side of the family.
47. West Indian tree having racemes of fragrant white flowers and yielding a durable timber and resinous juice.
50. Desert shrub of Syria and Arabia having small white flowers.
52. A yellow trivalent metallic element of the rare earth group.
54. A former agency (from 1946 to 1974) that was responsible for research into atomic energy and its peacetime uses in the United States.
58. Any plant of the genus Episcia.
61. The capital of Mali.
62. Capital and largest city and economic center of Peru.
64. A very poisonous metallic element that has three allotropic forms.
68. Being ten more than one hundred ninety.
70. The type of environment in which an organism or group normally lives or occurs.
71. State capital of New York.
72. A radioactive element of the actinide series.
74. Constructed with or in the form of an arch or arches.
75. Unknown god.
78. Support column consisting of a steel cylinder filled with concrete.
79. A port city in western Turkey.
81. A white soft metallic element that tarnishes readily.
83. Type genus of the family Arcidae.
84. A small ball with a hole through the middle.
86. A small constellation in the northern hemisphere near Cygnus and Draco.
87. The 8th letter of the Hebrew alphabet.
89. Informal terms for a (young) woman.
90. English essayist (1775-1834).
91. Devoid or partially devoid of light or brightness.
93. An overwhelming feeling of wonder or admiration.
95. A master's degree in education.
99. (Akkadian) God of wisdom.