1. Experiencing or showing sorrow or unhappiness.
4. A church associated with a monastery or convent.
9. A platform raised above the surrounding level to give prominence to the person on it.
13. Aircraft landing in bad weather in which the pilot is talked down by ground control using precision approach radar.
16. An index of the cost of all goods and services to a typical consumer.
17. American Revolutionary leader and signer of the Declaration of Independence (1731-1814).
18. A rapid series of short loud sounds (as might be heard with a stethoscope in some types of respiratory disorders).
19. Take something away by force or without the consent of the owner.
20. Relating to or characteristic of or occurring in the air.
21. The final stages of an extended process of negotiation.
22. Accumulate on the surface.
24. An unofficial association of people or groups.
26. A Chadic language spoken in northern Nigeria.
27. A committee in the executive branch of government that advises the president on foreign and military and national security.
29. (of a young animal) Abandoned by its mother and raised by hand.
30. Amino acid that is formed in the liver and converted into dopamine in the brain.
34. Broadcast via television.
37. A silvery ductile metallic element found primarily in bauxite.
40. Being or moving higher in position or greater in some value.
42. Engraving or carving in low relief on a stone (as in a brooch or ring).
44. A human female who does housework.
47. The principal evil jinni in Islamic mythology.
49. A bachelor's degree in science.
51. A White Protestant of Anglo-Saxon ancestry.
52. Cubes of meat marinated and cooked on a skewer usually with vegetables.
53. English philosopher who introduced the theory of the association of ideas (1705-1757).
55. The highest level or degree attainable.
56. A primeval personification of air and breath.
58. The capital of Croatia.
60. (of persons) Highest in rank or authority or office.
61. Having or involving the use of hands.
62. A soft silvery metallic element.
63. A constellation in the southern hemisphere near Telescopium and Norma.
64. Canadian hockey player (born 1948).
66. A humorous anecdote or remark.
69. King of England who was renounced by Northumbria in favor of his brother Edgar (died in 959).
73. A beckoning gesture.
74. A Kwa language spoken in Ghana and the Ivory Coast.
76. (Akkadian) God of wisdom.
78. A public promotion of some product or service.
80. A white metallic element that burns with a brilliant light.
81. The superior of a group of nuns.
85. Having come or been brought to a conclusion.
89. Panel forming the lower part of an interior wall when it is finished differently from the rest.
93. An Iranian language spoken in Afghanistan.
94. A legal document codifying the result of deliberations of a committee or society or legislative body.
96. An Indian nursemaid who looks after children.
97. A slender double-reed instrument.
98. A potent estrogen used in medicine and in feed for livestock and poultry.
99. According to the Old Testament he was a pagan king of Israel and husband of Jezebel (9th century BC).
100. A written proposal or reminder.
101. American political cartoonist (1840-1902).
102. The basic unit of money in Albania.
1. Someone who works (or provides workers) during a strike.
2. The capital of Western Samoa.
3. A full skirt with a gathered waistband.
4. Any of various primates with short tails or no tail at all.
5. A Japanese cheer of enthusiasm or triumph.
6. The capital and chief port of Qatar.
7. Carry out or participate in an activity.
8. A period of time containing 365 (or 366) days.
9. A particular environment or walk of life.
10. Informal terms for a mother.
11. Being of the achromatic color of maximum darkness.
12. An unabridged dictionary constructed on historical principles.
13. An utterance expressing pain or disapproval.
14. A line made of twisted fibers or threads.
15. A French abbot.
23. White Southerner supporting Reconstruction policies after the Civil War usually for self-interest.
25. Mature female of mammals of which the male is called `buck'.
28. French playwright (1791-1861).
31. A polymer of vinyl chloride used instead of rubber in electric cables.
32. A fractional monetary unit in Egypt and Lebanon and Sudan and Syria.
33. (British) A waterproof raincoat made of rubberized fabric.
35. Something transitory.
36. Secondary or explanatory title.
38. Attracting and holding interest as if by a spell.
39. Deciduous shrub of eastern North America having tough flexible branches and pliable bark and small yellow flowers.
41. A variety of leaf bug.
43. A coarse lace.
45. On a ship, train, plane or other vehicle.
46. The basic unit of money in South Africa.
48. A genus of Lamnidae.
50. The straight line configuration of 3 celestial bodies (as the sun and earth and moon) in a gravitational system.
54. A projecting ridge on a mountain or submerged under water.
57. God of wealth and love.
59. The blood group whose red cells carry both the A and B antigens.
65. African tree with edible yellow fruit resembling mangos.
67. A radioactive element of the actinide series.
68. The trait of lacking restraint or control.
69. An utterance expressing pain or disapproval.
70. A city in east central Texas.
71. An important seaport on the Island of Cebu in the Philippines.
72. Desert shrub of Syria and Arabia having small white flowers.
75. Greek mythology.
76. A measuring instrument for measuring and indicating a quantity or for testing conformity with a standard.
77. A light strong brittle gray toxic bivalent metallic element.
79. Small European freshwater fish with a slender bluish-green body.
82. Divulge information or secrets.
83. An infection of the sebaceous gland of the eyelid.
84. Joint consisting of a line formed by joining two pieces.
86. A Chadic language spoken south of Lake Chad.
87. (Greek mythology) God of love.
88. Having relatively few calories.
90. Acute delirium caused by alcohol poisoning.
91. The syllable naming the fifth (dominant) note of any musical scale in solmization.
92. The 17th letter of the Greek alphabet.
95. A hard gray lustrous metallic element that is highly corrosion-resistant.