1. An ugly evil-looking old woman.
4. An annual award by the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences for achievements in motion picture production and performance.
9. One thousandth of a second.
13. The compass point that is one point east of due south.
16. A federal agency established to coordinate programs aimed at reducing pollution and protecting the environment.
17. Strong lightweight wood of the balsa tree used especially for floats.
18. The content of cognition.
19. A river in north central Switzerland that runs northeast into the Rhine.
20. The sign language used in the United States.
21. A person skilled in testing for defects of vision in order to prescribe corrective glasses.
23. Being ten more than one hundred forty.
24. An adult male person (as opposed to a woman).
25. The state prevailing during the absence of war.
27. An archaic name for Easter or Passover.
29. (botany) Relating to or attached to the axis.
32. (British) A form of football played with an oval ball.
34. Queen of England as the 6th wife of Henry VIII (1512-1548).
37. Headdress that protects the head from bad weather.
39. A high-crowned black cap (usually made of felt or sheepskin) worn by men in Turkey and Iran and the Caucasus.
43. Constituting or having to do with or suggestive of a literary epic.
47. Leaf or strip from a leaf of the talipot palm used in India for writing paper.
48. The 2nd longest European river.
50. A set of two similar things considered as a unit.
51. Severe diabetes mellitus with an early onset.
52. Of superior grade.
54. A small stalk bearing a single flower of an inflorescence.
56. A white metallic element that burns with a brilliant light.
57. A very poisonous metallic element that has three allotropic forms.
59. A mass of ice and snow that permanently covers a large area of land (e.g., the polar regions or a mountain peak).
61. An effortful attempt to attain a goal.
62. (Irish) Mother of the ancient Irish gods.
64. A member of an agricultural people of southern India.
65. A light touch or stroke.
66. A roll of currency notes (often taken as the resources of a person or business etc.).
68. A characteristic sound.
70. A rare silvery (usually trivalent) metallic element.
71. (Akkadian) God of wisdom.
75. A long steep slope or cliff at the edge of a plateau or ridge.
78. God of the earth.
81. Liquid excretory product.
82. Spin or twist together so as to form a cord.
85. Short-horned dark-coated goat antelope of mountain areas of south and southeast Asia.
88. Make one's home or live in.
90. The fine downy hair covering a human fetus.
92. A rare chronic progressive encephalitis caused by the measles virus and occurring primarily in children and young adults.
93. Informal terms for money.
94. Genus of tropical shrubs or vines having pinnate leaves and large axillary flowers.
96. A branch of the Tai languages.
97. A fencing sword similar to a foil but with a heavier blade.
98. The properties characteristic of the male sex.
99. Type genus of the Alcidae comprising solely the razorbill.
1. A collection of objects laid on top of each other.
2. A domed or vaulted recess or projection on a building especially the east end of a church.
3. Offering fun and gaiety.
4. A slender double-reed instrument.
5. An enclosed space.
6. Type genus of the Clupeidae.
7. Having an oblique or slanted direction.
8. The amount a salary is increased.
9. Of or relating to Mithraism or its god.
10. A state in north central United States.
11. An international organization of European countries formed after World War II to reduce trade barriers and increase cooperation among its members.
12. West Indian tree having racemes of fragrant white flowers and yielding a durable timber and resinous juice.
13. The language of the nomadic Lapp people in northern Scandinavia and the Kola Peninsula.
14. Any of numerous local fertility and nature deities worshipped by ancient Semitic peoples.
15. Bulky grayish-brown eagle with a short wedge-shaped white tail.
22. A white trivalent metallic element.
26. Tropical Asiatic perennial herbs.
28. A soft yellow malleable ductile (trivalent and univalent) metallic element.
30. Tropical evergreen trees or shrubs.
31. Walk or tramp about.
33. Aircraft landing in bad weather in which the pilot is talked down by ground control using precision approach radar.
35. The great hall in ancient Persian palaces.
36. The tissue forming the hard outer layer of e.g. a fruit.
38. A program for a race meeting.
40. Free from disturbance.
41. The quality of being alien.
42. A town in southeastern New Mexico on the Pecos River near the Mexican border.
44. The blood group whose red cells carry both the A and B antigens.
45. Torn down and broken up.
46. United States abolitionist (1786-1865).
49. The basic unit of money in Thailand.
53. Resembling a rib.
55. A doctor's degree in preventive medicine.
58. Having the skin scraped off.
60. A fee charged for exchanging currencies.
63. An associate degree in nursing.
67. A light soft mineral consisting of hydrated sodium borate in crystalline form.
68. A slender double-reed instrument.
69. Painted beauty and red admiral.
70. The language of the nomadic Lapp people in northern Scandinavia and the Kola Peninsula.
72. Wear away through erosion or vaporization.
73. Any of several small ungulate mammals of Africa and Asia with rodent-like incisors and feet with hooflike toes.
74. Of or relating to or near the tarsus of the foot.
76. Someone unpleasantly strange or eccentric.
77. A long narrow passage (as in a cave or woods).
79. (Sumerian) God of the air and king of the Sumerian gods.
80. Kindly endorsement and guidance.
83. Sweet pulpy tropical fruit with thick scaly rind and shiny black seeds.
84. A medicine or therapy that cures disease or relieve pain.
86. An organization of countries formed in 1961 to agree on a common policy for the sale of petroleum.
87. Flightless New Zealand rail of thievish disposition having short wings each with a spur used in fighting.
89. Electronic warfare undertaken to prevent or reduce an enemy's effective use of the electromagnetic spectrum.
90. (Akkadian) God of wisdom.
91. An association of countries in the western hemisphere.
92. A soft silvery metallic element of the alkali earth group.
95. A white soft metallic element that tarnishes readily.