1. Used in combination to denote the middle.
4. A province in north-central China.
9. Cassava with long tuberous edible roots and soft brittle stems.
13. (computer science) A computer that is running software that allows users to leave messages and access information of general interest.
16. A sweetened beverage of diluted fruit juice.
17. Of or relating to or characteristic of Asia or the peoples of Asia or their languages or culture.
18. An organic compound that contains a hydroxyl group bonded to a carbon atom which in turn is doubly bonded to another carbon atom.
19. Leaf or strip from a leaf of the talipot palm used in India for writing paper.
20. Acquire or gain knowledge or skills.
22. (heraldry) Applied to a fish depicted horizontally.
24. Muslims collectively and their civilization.
26. The capital and largest city of Yemen.
27. A tricyclic antidepressant drug (trade name Elavil) with serious side effects.
28. A genus of Indriidae.
29. White and olive green east African monkey with long white tufts of hair beside the face.
31. The state prevailing during the absence of war.
33. French mathematician and astronomer who formulated the nebular hypothesis concerning the origins of the solar system and who developed the theory of probability (1749-1827).
37. Small brightly colored Australasian parrots having a brush-tipped tongue for feeding on nectar and soft fruits.
41. Small buffalo of the Celebes having small straight horns.
42. Green algae common in freshwater lakes of limestone districts.
45. A tall perennial woody plant having a main trunk and branches forming a distinct elevated crown.
46. A large oven for firing or burning or drying such things as porcelain or bricks.
47. Cubes of meat marinated and cooked on a skewer usually with vegetables.
50. The compass point midway between south and southeast.
54. Any of various dark heavy viscid substances obtained as a residue.
55. Clothing for the head.
58. Stable gear consisting of either of two curved supports that are attached to the collar of a draft horse and that hold the traces.
61. A city in northwestern Mexico near the California border.
62. Any place of pain and turmoil.
63. A state in the Rocky Mountains.
64. Channel into a new direction.
67. Dignified manner or conduct.
70. A city and port in northern Jutland.
72. An Indian side dish of yogurt and chopped cucumbers and spices.
74. Extremely exciting as if by alcohol or a narcotic.
76. A light strong brittle gray toxic bivalent metallic element.
77. Lustrous gray.
79. United States paleontologist and popularizer of science (born in 1941).
82. A Hindu prince or king in India.
86. A deep orange-red variety of chalcedony.
88. Horned sheep of Devon.
90. A boy or man.
91. A vinyl polymer used especially in paints or adhesives.
92. Remove a bar from (a door, for example).
94. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
95. A sudden loss of consciousness resulting when the rupture or occlusion of a blood vessel leads to oxygen lack in the brain.
96. Edible tuber of any of several yams.
97. Full of seeds.
98. A less than average tide occurring at the first and third quarters of the moon.
99. A river in north central Switzerland that runs northeast into the Rhine.
1. A master's degree in library science.
2. The content of cognition.
3. An administrator in charge of a division of a university or college.
4. A historical region of southwestern India on the west coast.
5. A very poisonous metallic element that has three allotropic forms.
6. An ancient Assyrian city on the River Tigris across from the modern city of Mosul in the northern part of what is now known a Iraq.
7. A river that rises in central Germany and flows north to join the Elbe River.
8. A member of the Uniat Church.
9. Any tree of the genus Genipa bearing yellow flowers and edible fruit with a thick rind.
10. Deciduous horn of a member of the deer family.
11. An artificial language for international use that rejects rejects all existing words and is based instead on an abstract analysis of ideas.
12. (anatomy) Of or relating to the ilium.
13. A cord fastened around the neck with an ornamental clasp and worn as a necktie.
14. Pompous or pretentious talk or writing.
15. The language of the nomadic Lapp people in northern Scandinavia and the Kola Peninsula.
21. A garment (coat or sweater) that has raglan sleeves.
23. The eleventh month of the civil year.
25. Showing a high degree of refinement and the assurance that comes from wide social experience.
30. A federal agency that supervises carriers that transport goods and people between states.
32. A condition (mostly in boys) characterized by behavioral and learning disorders.
34. Liquorice-flavored seeds or oil used in cookies or cakes or pickles.
35. An ax used to slaughter cattle.
36. A region of Malaysia in northeastern Borneo.
38. A musical composition for voices and orchestra based on a religious text.
39. A fee charged in advance to retain the services of someone.
40. Lasting through a year.
43. Bubble shells.
44. (sports) The chief official (as in boxing or American football) who is expected to ensure fair play.
48. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
49. A soft silvery metallic element of the alkali metal group.
51. Relating to or resembling or made of or adorned with pearls or mother-of-pearl.
52. English courtier (a favorite of Elizabeth I) who tried to colonize Virginia.
53. A woman gossip.
56. Made wider or larger in all dimensions.
57. 1,000,000,000 periods per second.
59. Any of various minerals consisting of hydrous silicates of aluminum or potassium etc. that crystallize in forms that allow perfect cleavage into very thin leaves.
60. One of the persons who compose a social group (especially individuals who have joined and participates in a group organization).
65. The ability to form mental images of things or events.
66. A reversible chemical reaction in which one reaction is an oxidation and the reverse is a reduction.
68. A word that is written with two letters in an alphabetic writing system.
69. Type genus of the Laniidae.
71. 16 ounces.
73. An anti-TNF compound (trade name Arava) that is given orally.
74. An associate degree in nursing.
75. A group of language of the Hokan family in Arizona and California and Mexico.
78. A succession of notes forming a distinctive sequence.
80. Balcony consisting of the forward section of a theater mezzanine.
81. The capital and chief port of Qatar.
82. A radioactive element of the actinide series.
83. Type genus of the Alcidae comprising solely the razorbill.
84. An island in Indonesia south of Borneo.
85. The sixth month of the civil year.
87. The compass point that is one point east of due south.
89. A reproach for some lapse or misdeed.
93. A public promotion of some product or service.