1. The foot of a human being.
4. become turned or set on end.
9. (trademark) An antacid.
13. A tight-fitting headdress.
16. (computer science) A coding system that incorporates extra parity bits in order to detect errors.
17. The most northwestern Hawaiian island (beyond Kauai).
18. The capital of Western Samoa.
19. A federal agency established to regulate the release of new foods and health-related products.
20. A deep opening in the earth's surface.
22. Anything that tends to arouse.
24. A bachelor's degree in science.
26. The blood group whose red cells carry both the A and B antigens.
27. Type genus of the Soleidae.
28. A movable airfoil that is part of an aircraft wing.
29. (Zoroastrianism) Title for benevolent deities.
31. A genus of Ploceidae.
34. An acute and highly contagious viral disease marked by distinct red spots followed by a rash.
36. A white metallic element that burns with a brilliant light.
38. A signal transmitted along a narrow path.
40. City in eastern Belgium.
43. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
45. A spar rising aft from a mast to support the head of a quadrilateral fore-and-aft sail.
47. An associate degree in nursing.
48. A golf shot that curves to the right for a right-handed golfer.
49. (informal) Exceptionally good.
50. The dialect of Albanian spoken in northern Albania and Yugoslavia.
52. A state in northwestern North America.
54. United States sculptor and architect whose public works include the memorial to veterans of the Vietnam War in Washington (born in 1959).
55. Nocturnal mouselike mammal with forelimbs modified to form membranous wings and anatomical adaptations for echolocation by which they navigate.
57. A gonadotropic hormone that is secreted by the anterior pituitary.
58. (Islam) The man who leads prayers in a mosque.
61. In operation or operational.
62. Twining perennial North American plants.
66. A river that rises in central Germany and flows north to join the Elbe River.
68. A mental representation of some haunting experience.
69. Make numb or insensitive.
70. (of complexion) Blemished by imperfections of the skin.
71. The 3rd planet from the sun.
72. English theoretical physicist who applied relativity theory to quantum mechanics and predicted the existence of antimatter and the positron (1902-1984).
73. A city in northeastern France in Lorraine.
74. Any of several tall tropical palms native to southeastern Asia having egg-shaped nuts.
77. Someone who works (or provides workers) during a strike.
79. A collection of facts from which conclusions may be drawn.
80. A radioactive element of the actinide series.
82. A member of an Iroquoian people formerly living on the south shore of Lake Erie in northern Ohio and northwest Pennsylvania and western New York.
84. Large burrowing rodent of South and Central America.
86. A Chadic language spoken south of Lake Chad.
88. A member of a people who have no permanent home but move about according to the seasons.
90. The ohmic resistance of a conductor.
94. A flat wing-shaped process or winglike part of an organism.
98. An informal term for a father.
99. A watery solution of sugars, salts, and minerals that circulates through the vascular system of a plant.
100. Any organic compound containing the group -CONH2.
101. Any culture medium that uses agar as the gelling agent.
102. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
103. The compass point midway between northeast and east.
104. An official who carries a mace of office.
105. A small cake leavened with yeast.
106. A barrier constructed to contain the flow or water or to keep out the sea.
107. A rare silvery (usually trivalent) metallic element.
1. Either of two large muscles of the chest.
2. The persistence of a sound after its source has stopped.
3. The skin that covers the top of the head.
4. (of a bed) Not having the sheets and blankets set in order.
5. The ratio of the circumference to the diameter of a circle.
6. 30 to 300 gigahertz.
7. Marked by or showing unaffected simplicity and lack of guile or worldly experience.
8. Lacking in liveliness or animation.
9. The capital of Nationalist China.
10. A city is east central Sweden north northwest of Stockholm.
11. Destruction of heart tissue resulting from obstruction of the blood supply to the heart muscle.
12. American dwarf fan palms.
13. A radioactive transuranic element.
14. The sixth month of the civil year.
15. A metabolic acid found in yeast and liver cells.
21. A cylindrical drawstring bag used by sailors to hold their clothing and other gear.
23. Young sheep.
25. A support that consists of a horizontal surface for holding objects.
30. Occurring or encountered or experienced or observed frequently or in accordance with regular practice or procedure.
32. Relatively nontoxic South African herb smoked like tobacco.
33. A woman hired to suckle a child of someone else.
35. The capital and largest city of Yemen.
37. Sayings of Jesus not recorded in the canonical Gospels.
39. Of or relating to or characteristic of Afghanistan or its people.
41. The language or speech of one individual at a particular period in life.
42. Genus of Australian woody vines having showy red or purplish flowers.
44. Small genus of South American epiphytic or lithophytic cacti.
46. Made to fall (as by striking or cutting or shooting or by illness or exhaustion).
51. A member of the Algonquian people formerly inhabiting the Maritime Provinces of Canada.
53. A member of the North American Indian people of Oregon.
56. (Old Testament) A beautiful Jewess chosen by the king of Persia to be his queen.
59. Large high frilly cap with a full crown.
60. Covered with paving material.
63. Type genus of the family Ostreidae.
64. A small pellet fired from an air rifle or BB gun.
65. (of an infant) Breast-fed.
67. A former copper coin of Pakistan.
75. A medium (art or business) that disseminates moving pictures.
76. The dialect of Ancient Greek spoken in Thessaly and Boeotia and Aeolis.
78. African tree having an exceedingly thick trunk and fruit that resembles a gourd and has an edible pulp called monkey bread.
81. A drug (trade names Calan and Isoptin) used as an oral or parenteral calcium blocker in cases of hypertension or congestive heart failure or angina or migraine.
82. Any high mountain.
83. A manicurist who trims the fingernails.
85. Green algae common in freshwater lakes of limestone districts.
87. A long thin piece of cloth or paper as used for binding or fastening.
89. Produced by a manufacturing process.
91. (Babylonian) God of storms and wind.
92. An amino acid that is found in the central nervous system.
93. Mild yellow Dutch cheese made in balls.
95. A guided missile fired from shipboard against an airborne target.
96. A light touch or stroke.
97. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).