1. A white linen liturgical vestment with sleeves.
4. (Old Testament) The second patriarch.
9. Being three more than fifty.
13. The upper side of the thighs of a seated person.
16. Towards the side away from the wind.
17. Rhodesian statesman who declared independence of Zimbabwe from Great Britain (born in 1919).
18. Dutch astronomer who proved that the galaxy is rotating and proposed the existence of the Oort cloud (1900-1992).
19. An agency of the United Nations affiliated with the World Bank.
20. United States liquid unit equal to 4 quarts or 3.785 liters.
21. Coins collectively.
23. A shrub or tree of the genus Rhus (usually limited to the non-poisonous members of the genus).
25. Type genus of the Apidae.
27. A popular island resort in the Netherlands Antilles.
29. (Jungian psychology) The inner self (not the external persona) that is in touch with the unconscious.
30. Angular distance above the horizon (especially of a celestial object).
31. Of a strong pink to yellowish-pink color n 1.
32. Indicated by necessary connotation though not expressed directly.
34. A Chadic language spoken south of Lake Chad.
36. A light touch or stroke.
38. Resinlike substance secreted by certain lac insects.
41. A public promotion of some product or service.
42. Being ten more than one hundred ninety.
46. A member of an Iroquoian people formerly living on the south shore of Lake Erie in northern Ohio and northwest Pennsylvania and western New York.
48. Any piece of work that is undertaken or attempted.
51. Large brownish-green New Zealand parrot.
52. Delicacy highly prized in Japan but highly dangerous.
53. A musical work that has been created.
54. A quantity of explosive to be set off at one time.
58. Nocturnal mouselike mammal with forelimbs modified to form membranous wings and anatomical adaptations for echolocation by which they navigate.
59. A unit of pressure.
61. Canna grown especially for its edible rootstock from which arrowroot starch is obtained.
62. A chemical compound containing the azido group combined with an element or radical.
64. Sluggish tailless Australian arboreal marsupial with gray furry ears and coat.
66. A physiological need to drink.
67. (a dated Briticism) A serious difficulty with which one is suddenly faced.
68. Type genus of the family Arcidae.
70. A silvery soft waxy metallic element of the alkali metal group.
71. An inferior imitator of some distinguished writer or artist of musician.
74. Gained or acquired.
75. Express or utter with a hiss.
78. (Zoroastrianism) Title for benevolent deities.
81. Happening or arising or located within some limits or especially surface.
88. The part of a missile or torpedo that carries the explosive charge.
90. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
91. (Babylonian) The sky god.
92. Small terrestrial lizard of warm regions of the Old World.
94. The United Nations agency concerned with atomic energy.
95. A condition (mostly in boys) characterized by behavioral and learning disorders.
96. Remaining after all deductions.
97. Of a pale purple color.
98. Someone who works (or provides workers) during a strike.
99. Any of numerous hairy-bodied insects including social and solitary species.
1. Primitive chlorophyll-containing mainly aquatic eukaryotic organisms lacking true stems and roots and leaves.
2. A light springing movement upwards or forwards.
3. Any cognitive content held as true.
4. A belief (or system of beliefs) accepted as authoritative by some group or school.
5. A blemish made by dirt.
6. Belonging to or on behalf of a specified person (especially yourself).
7. Essential oil or perfume obtained from flowers.
8. A composition that imitates somebody's style in a humorous way.
9. United States physiologist (born in Germany) who did research on parthenogenesis (1859-1924).
10. (Greek mythology) A maiden seduced by Zeus.
11. The bureau of the Treasury Department responsible for tax collections.
12. A college town in central New York on Lake Cayuga.
13. The greatest possible degree of something.
14. (Old Testament) In Judeo-Christian mythology.
15. Large burrowing rodent of South and Central America.
22. A Russian prison camp for political prisoners.
24. An agency of the United Nations responsible for programs to aid education and the health of children and mothers in developing countries.
26. (usually in the plural) Pants for casual wear.
28. A highly unstable radioactive element (the heaviest of the halogen series).
33. Type genus of the Alcidae comprising solely the razorbill.
35. Device that enables something to be used in a way different from that for which it was intended or makes different pieces of apparatus compatible.
37. Originally a British youth subculture that evolved out of the teddy boys in the 1960s.
39. Any of various plants of the genus Zigadenus having glaucous leaves and terminal racemes of mostly white flowers.
40. Having testicles or ovaries removed.
43. A liquid solution that results from elution.
44. Wood of a larch tree.
45. Expose to fresh air, as of old clothing.
47. The boundary in ancient times between Italy and Gaul.
49. Wood of a sumac.
50. The blood group whose red cells carry both the A and B antigens.
55. A bruise caused by a blow to the eye.
56. The capital and largest city of Albania in the center of the country.
57. A crime syndicate in the United States.
60. A soft silvery metallic element of the alkali earth group.
63. The capital of Croatia.
65. East Indian tart yellow berrylike fruit.
69. The god who fathered the islands and gods of Japan with his sister Izanami.
70. Belonging to or on behalf of a specified person (especially yourself).
72. Genus of chiefly small rock-loving ferns.
73. A passage with access only at one end.
76. Complacently or inanely foolish.
77. A proud stiff pompous gait.
79. Relating to the deepest parts of the ocean (below 6000 meters).
80. English theoretical physicist who applied relativity theory to quantum mechanics and predicted the existence of antimatter and the positron (1902-1984).
82. Being or occurring in fact or actuality.
83. The Jewish rite of circumcision performed on a male child on the eighth day of his life.
84. According to the Old Testament he was a pagan king of Israel and husband of Jezebel (9th century BC).
85. A metrical unit with unstressed-stressed syllables.
86. A French abbot.
87. Remove with or as if with a ladle.
89. An enclosed space.
93. Informal terms for a mother.
94. A Mid-Atlantic state.