1. (music) The pace of music measured by the number of beats occurring in 60 seconds.
4. (Philippine) A dish of marinated vegetables and meat or fish.
9. Take by theft.
13. Aircraft landing in bad weather in which the pilot is talked down by ground control using precision approach radar.
16. A unit of length of thread or yarn.
17. German mystic and theosophist who founded modern theosophy.
18. A rounded thickly curled hairdo.
19. The act of slowing down or falling behind.
20. The compass point that is one point north of due east.
21. Capable of being added or added to.
23. Entangle or catch in in or as if in a mesh.
25. Informal or slang terms for mentally irregular.
27. A Russian prison camp for political prisoners.
29. Infections of the skin or nails caused by fungi and appearing as itching circular patches.
30. Devoid of warmth and cordiality.
33. A feeling of strong eagerness (usually in favor of a person or cause).
35. A narrow headband or strip of ribbon worn as a headband.
42. Marked by quiet and caution and secrecy.
43. Large European marine food fish.
45. A city in central New York.
46. Essential oil or perfume obtained from flowers.
48. The sense organ for hearing and equilibrium.
50. A book of the New Testament.
51. A state in New England.
52. A language spoken by the Atakapa people of the Gulf coast of Louisiana and Texas.
55. Of or relating to an inability to urinate.
56. The bureau of the Treasury Department responsible for tax collections.
58. Exhibiting or restored to vigorous good health.
59. Mild yellow Dutch cheese made in balls.
61. Move about aimlessly or without any destination, often in search of food or employment.
62. Testacean rhizopods.
64. Cubes of meat marinated and cooked on a skewer usually with vegetables.
65. An associate degree in nursing.
66. (archaic) Strict and severe.
70. The 16th letter of the Hebrew alphabet.
71. A resident of Iowa.
74. A country on western coast of Africa.
76. A human female who does housework.
77. An independent agency of the United States government responsible for aviation and spaceflight.
78. A small cake leavened with yeast.
81. Black marine bivalves usually steamed in wine.
84. (South African) A camp defended by a circular formation of wagons.
87. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
90. Extravasation of urine into the scrotal sac.
92. Someone who engages in arbitrage (who purchases securities in one market for immediate resale in another in the hope of profiting from the price differential).
93. An narrative telling the adventures of a hero or a family.
94. A island in the Netherlands Antilles that is the top of an extinct volcano.
96. (Greek mythology) Goddess of discord.
97. Concerning those not members of the clergy.
98. The function or position properly or customarily occupied or served by another.
99. Any of a number of fishes of the family Carangidae.
100. An Indian nursemaid who looks after children.
1. (pathology) An elevation of the skin filled with serous fluid.
2. Having nine hinged bands of bony plates.
3. The site of three famous battles among Greek city-states.
4. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
5. (informal) Someone whose style is out of fashion.
6. An unabridged dictionary constructed on historical principles.
7. God of wealth and love.
8. Fast-growing herbaceous evergreen tree of South America having a broad trunk with high water content and dark green oval leaves.
9. (Greek mythology) Goddess of the earth and mother of Cronus and the Titans in ancient mythology.
10. 30 to 300 kilohertz.
11. A metal-bearing mineral valuable enough to be mined.
12. United States anthropologist (born in England) who popularized anthropology (1905- ).
13. (Scottish) A narrow secluded valley (in the mountains).
14. (law) A comprehensive term for any proceeding in a court of law whereby an individual seeks a legal remedy.
15. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
22. An advanced law degree.
24. (Greek mythology) A mythical monster with the head of a bull and the body of a man.
26. Minute blackish gregarious flies destructive to mushrooms and seedlings.
28. Small genus of hairy herbs with yellow flowers.
31. Noisy talk.
32. Individual serving of minced e.g. meat or fish in a rich creamy sauce baked in a small pastry mold or timbale shell.
34. A white soft metallic element that tarnishes readily.
36. The state of being total.
37. Any orchid of the genus Disa.
38. Causing fear or dread or terror.
39. Extremely small in scale or scope or capability.
40. A thrombolytic agent (trade name Activase) that causes fibrinolysis at the site of a blood clot.
41. The event of being born.
44. Genus of erect herbs of the Middle East having showy flowers.
47. Lacking motor coordination.
49. The ninth month of the Moslem calendar.
53. Of or relating to or characteristic of Thailand of its people.
54. Large dark brown North American arboreal carnivorous mammal.
57. An antidepressant drug that acts by blocking the reuptake of serotonin so that more serotonin is available to act on receptors in the brain.
60. In bed.
63. A form of Japanese poetry.
67. A person of Iranian descent.
68. A skin disease of adults (more often women) in which blood vessels of the face enlarge resulting in a flushed appearance.
69. The ability to form mental images of things or events.
70. (law) A comprehensive term for any proceeding in a court of law whereby an individual seeks a legal remedy.
72. The ohmic resistance of a conductor.
73. A town in north central Wisconsin.
75. An indication of radiant light drawn around the head of a saint.
79. A city in northern India.
80. Being or befitting or characteristic of an infant.
82. An impudent or insolent rejoinder.
83. A Bantu language spoken in southern Zaire.
85. English essayist (1775-1834).
86. The 20th letter of the Hebrew alphabet.
88. The sign language used in the United States.
89. The Tibeto-Burman language spoken in the Dali region of Yunnan.
91. A unit of absorbed ionizing radiation equal to 100 ergs per gram of irradiated material.
95. A radioactive element of the actinide series.