1. A caustic detergent useful for removing grease.
4. (Philippine) A dish of marinated vegetables and meat or fish.
9. Forbidden to profane use especially in South Pacific islands.
13. Not reflecting light.
16. A police officer who investigates crimes.
17. Found pleasant or attractive.
18. Using speech rather than writing.
19. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
20. (Irish) Mother of the ancient Irish gods.
21. (often followed by `of') A large number or amount or extent.
22. A public act of violence by an unruly mob.
23. The federal agency that insures residential mortgages.
24. A very young child (birth to 1 year) who has not yet begun to walk or talk.
26. A cut of pork ribs with much of the meat trimmed off.
29. Of or relating to or characteristic of Thailand of its people.
31. Small European freshwater fish with a slender bluish-green body.
32. A medicinal drug used to evoke vomiting (especially in cases of drug overdose or poisoning).
37. Winning all or all but one of the tricks in bridge.
41. Title for the former hereditary monarch of Iran.
42. Bears and extinct related forms.
46. Knowledge gained through tradition or anecdote.
47. Coming next after the first in position in space or time or degree or magnitude.
48. Foul with waste matter.
49. A radioactive element of the actinide series.
50. A logarithmic unit of sound intensity.
51. United States poet (1917-1977).
52. Moving quickly and lightly.
53. (prefix) Bad or erroneous or lack of.
57. A ruler of the Inca Empire (or a member of his family).
59. Resinlike substance secreted by certain lac insects.
60. A silvery malleable metallic element that resists corrosion.
61. A humorous anecdote or remark.
62. Any small compartment.
63. The content of cognition.
65. An official prosecutor for a judicial district.
69. A state in New England.
70. The financial means whereby one lives.
72. An early Christian church designed like a Roman basilica.
76. A radioactive transuranic element produced by bombarding plutonium with neutrons.
78. Being ten more than eighty.
80. An associate degree in nursing.
81. French naturalist who proposed that evolution resulted from the inheritance of acquired characteristics (1744-1829).
84. The basic unit of money in China.
89. A city in southeastern South Korea on the Korean Strait.
90. The capital of Bahrain.
92. United States writer of children's books (1904-1991).
94. Have supper.
95. How long something has existed.
96. (informal) Exceptionally good.
98. Excavation in the earth from which ores and minerals are extracted.
99. A former copper coin of Pakistan.
100. Not of long duration.
101. A bachelor's degree in library science.
102. (prefix) In front of or before in space.
103. A soft heavy toxic malleable metallic element.
1. A thrusting blow with a knife.
2. A Russian river.
3. Someone who works (or provides workers) during a strike.
4. Thickening of tissue in the motor tracts of the lateral columns and anterior horns of the spinal cord.
5. Type genus of the Dipsacaceae.
6. Similar to the giraffe but smaller with much shorter neck and stripe on the legs.
7. The 2nd letter of the Greek alphabet.
8. A European river.
9. A unit of pressure equal to 0.001316 atmosphere.
10. Sea catfishes.
11. African tree having an exceedingly thick trunk and fruit that resembles a gourd and has an edible pulp called monkey bread.
12. In or of the month preceding the present one.
13. A Chadic language spoken south of Lake Chad.
14. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
15. An official language of the Republic of South Africa.
25. Cut or impressed into a surface.
27. The property of favoring one eye over the other (as in taking aim).
28. Surround so as to force to give up.
30. (astronomy) The angular distance of a celestial point measured westward along the celestial equator from the zenith crossing.
33. Of or relating to seals.
34. The sense organ for hearing and equilibrium.
35. A member of a Tanoan people living in the southwestern United States.
36. Deeply eroded barren land.
38. A small amount of liquor added to a food or beverage.
39. An alloy of mercury with another metal (usually silver) used by dentists to fill cavities in teeth.
40. Distance measured in miles.
43. Load anew with ammunition, "She reloaded the gun carefully".
44. A candlestick with a flat side to be hung on the wall.
45. A flat-bottomed volcanic crater that was formed by an explosion.
54. The clock time given by a clock carried on board a spacecraft.
55. A sudden minor shock or meaningless interruption.
56. A public promotion of some product or service.
58. Inability to perceive written words.
64. Lower in esteem.
66. An often persistent bodily disorder or disease.
67. Disability of walking due to crippling of the legs or feet.
68. (zoology) Lacking a tail or taillike appendage.
69. A Chadic language spoken south of Lake Chad.
71. An international organization of European countries formed after World War II to reduce trade barriers and increase cooperation among its members.
73. Type genus of the Anhimidae.
74. A white soft metallic element that tarnishes readily.
75. A poisonous colorless flammable gas used in organic synthesis and to dope transistors and as a poison gas in warfare.
77. Form metals with a swage.
78. The blood group whose red cells carry both the A and B antigens.
79. A trivalent metallic element of the rare earth group.
82. Any plant of the genus Canna having large sheathing leaves and clusters of large showy flowers.
83. Make uniform.
85. Again but in a new or different way.
86. Clothing of a distinctive style or for a particular occasion.
87. Oval reproductive body of a fowl (especially a hen) used as food.
88. The seventh month of the Hindu calendar.
91. A master's degree in business.
93. Towards the side away from the wind.
97. A silvery ductile metallic element found primarily in bauxite.