1. A health resort near a spring or at the seaside.
4. Jordan's port.
9. Liver or meat or fowl finely minced or ground and variously seasoned.
13. A unit of pressure.
16. A graphical record of electrical activity of the brain.
17. A wealthy man (who made his fortune in the Orient).
18. The content of cognition.
19. A branch of the Tai languages.
20. The month following February and preceding April.
21. The rattling noise produced when snoring.
22. Queen of England as the 6th wife of Henry VIII (1512-1548).
23. Adult female chicken.
24. A republic in the Middle East in western Asia.
26. Pertaining to filberts or hazelnuts.
28. Abnormally distended especially by fluids or gas.
30. Regional and archaic.
32. A holy war by Muslims against unbelievers.
37. An associate degree in applied science.
38. A drug (trade names Atarax and Vistaril) used as a tranquilizer to treat anxiety and motion sickness.
45. The fifth day of the week.
46. A tooth for cutting or gnawing.
48. A republic in eastern Africa.
50. Make anew.
52. A soft white precious univalent metallic element having the highest electrical and thermal conductivity of any metal.
53. Measuring instrument consisting of a graduated glass tube with a tap at the bottom.
55. Distinguished from Bovidae by the male's having solid deciduous antlers.
56. A metal-bearing mineral valuable enough to be mined.
57. King of Denmark and Norway who forced Edmund II to divide England with him.
59. A river in north central Switzerland that runs northeast into the Rhine.
60. A shop selling delicatessen (as salads or cooked meats).
61. Of a period of maximal use or demand or activity.
63. Worry unnecessarily of excessively.
65. Genus of slender often treelike spiny cacti with solitary showy nocturnal white or pink flowers.
68. The branch of engineering science that studies the uses of electricity and the equipment for power generation and distribution and the control of machines and communication.
69. A soft silvery metallic element of the alkali earth group.
70. The sign language used in the United States.
71. A silvery ductile metallic element found primarily in bauxite.
72. Black tropical American cuckoo.
73. An intensely radioactive metallic element that occurs in minute amounts in uranium ores.
75. The blood group whose red cells carry both the A and B antigens.
81. A condition (mostly in boys) characterized by behavioral and learning disorders.
83. Genus of hardy perennials with palmately lobed leaves and long racemes of small nodding five-petaled flowers.
85. The sixth month of the civil year.
87. Any of a group of Indic languages spoken in Kashmir and eastern Afghanistan and northern Pakistan.
91. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
92. Childcare during the day while parents work.
95. Any of various spiny trees or shrubs of the genus Acacia.
97. (Australian and New Zealand) A disparaging term for English immigrants to Australia or New Zealand.
98. The craniometric point that is the most prominent point at the back of the head (at the occipital protuberance).
99. A small cake leavened with yeast.
101. A hospital unit staffed and equipped to provide intensive care.
102. (Irish) Mother of the ancient Irish gods.
103. With the mouth wide open as in wonder or awe.
104. Someone who works (or provides workers) during a strike.
105. A young woman making her debut into society.
1. (prefix) Half or partial.
2. Sweet juicy gritty-textured fruit available in many varieties.
3. Sayings of Jesus not recorded in the canonical Gospels.
4. The part of the nervous system of vertebrates that controls involuntary actions of the smooth muscles and heart and glands.
5. Valuable fiber plant of East Indies now widespread in cultivation.
6. Appearing earlier in the same text.
7. Tired of the world.
8. Norwegian mathematician (1802-1829).
9. Type genus of the Pipidae.
10. A city in southern Turkey on the Seyhan River.
11. (Judaism) Not conforming to dietary laws.
12. The sense organ for hearing and equilibrium.
13. Essential oil or perfume obtained from flowers.
14. 100 thebe equal 1 pula.
15. An atom having a valence of one.
25. The size of a book whose pages are made by folding a sheet of paper twice to form four leaves.
27. Any of several small ungulate mammals of Africa and Asia with rodent-like incisors and feet with hooflike toes.
29. A federal agency established to regulate the release of new foods and health-related products.
31. (Akkadian) God of wisdom.
33. Characterized by lightness and insubstantiality.
34. Antelope with white markings like a harness and twisted horns.
35. Cause to be more favorably inclined.
36. Widely distributed genus of herbs or shrubs with glandular compound leaves and spicate or racemose purple or white flowers.
39. A city of central China.
40. A crystalline metallic element not found in nature.
41. Large west African tree having large palmately lobed leaves and axillary cymose panicles of small white flowers and one-winged seeds.
42. A small flat triangular bone in front of the knee that protects the knee joint.
43. Any of the short curved hairs that grow from the edges of the eyelids.
44. Bushy plant of Old World salt marshes and sea beaches having prickly leaves.
47. A group of southern Bantu languages.
49. Edible starchy tuberous root of taro plants.
51. Dearly loved.
54. A brittle silver-white metalloid element that is related to selenium and sulfur.
58. A crown-like jewelled headdress worn by women on formal occasions.
62. A village of huts for native Africans in southern Africa.
64. The syllable naming the fourth (subdominant) note of the diatonic scale in solmization.
66. Spite and resentment at seeing the success of another (personified as one of the deadly sins).
67. Large black gibbon of Sumatra having the 2nd and 3rd toes partially united by a web.
68. Appearing earlier in the same text.
74. The eleventh month of the civil year.
76. The cry made by sheep.
77. Tropical starchy tuberous root.
78. Wild or domesticated South American cud-chewing animal related to camels but smaller and lacking a hump.
79. Genus of western United States annuals with showy yellow or white flowers.
80. A river in north central Switzerland that runs northeast into the Rhine.
82. Any of numerous low-growing cushion-forming plants of the genus Draba having rosette-forming leaves and terminal racemes of small flowers with scapose or leafy stems.
84. Very dark black.
86. United States labor organizer who ran for President as a socialist (1855-1926).
87. A silvery soft waxy metallic element of the alkali metal group.
88. Harsh or corrosive in tone.
89. Grains used as food either unpolished or more often polished.
90. Material used to daub walls.
93. (informal) Uncomplimentary terms for a policeman.
94. Used of a single unit or thing.
96. A compartment in front of a motor vehicle where driver sits.
100. A radioactive element of the actinide series.