1. Strong woody fibers obtained especially from the phloem of from various plants.
5. A widely occurring iron oxide ore.
13. A master's degree in library science.
17. Type genus of the Alcidae comprising solely the razorbill.
18. Repetition or recapitulation in reverse order.
19. A member of an Iroquoian people formerly living on the south shore of Lake Erie in northern Ohio and northwest Pennsylvania and western New York.
20. A soft heavy toxic malleable metallic element.
21. (of Catholics formerly) Refusing to attend services of the Church of England.
22. A cooperative unit.
23. Cubes of meat marinated and cooked on a skewer usually with vegetables.
24. (law) A comprehensive term for any proceeding in a court of law whereby an individual seeks a legal remedy.
29. God of fire.
32. Any of a number of fishes of the family Carangidae.
34. Dutch colonist who bought Manhattan from the Native Americans for the equivalent of $24 (1580-1638).
38. English monk and scholar (672-735).
40. Shrubby tree widely distributed along tropical shores.
43. Pepsi Cola is a trademarked cola.
44. An annual publication including weather forecasts and other miscellaneous information arranged according to the calendar of a given year.
47. A language group of the Hokan family.
49. A quantity of money.
50. A master's degree in business.
51. (Greek mythology) The Muse of comedy and pastoral poetry.
53. Streaming or flapping or spreading wide as if in a current of air.
56. Liver or meat or fowl finely minced or ground and variously seasoned.
58. Naturally occurring crystalline sodium chloride.
59. A family of Ural-Altaic languages.
60. An organic compound that contains a hydroxyl group bonded to a carbon atom which in turn is doubly bonded to another carbon atom.
61. A port city in southwestern Turkey on the Gulf of Antalya.
62. Stout-bodied insect with large membranous wings.
63. A hinged vertical airfoil mounted at the tail of an aircraft and used to make horizontal course changes.
65. Minor or subordinate.
67. A colorless and odorless inert gas.
68. An independent ruler or chieftain (especially in Africa or Arabia).
72. Employed in accomplishing something.
74. An intensely radioactive metallic element that occurs in minute amounts in uranium ores.
75. Affect with wonder.
77. United States writer (born in Poland) who wrote in Yiddish (1880-1957).
79. Fastener consisting of a resinous composition that is plastic when warm.
84. A mound of stones piled up as a memorial or to mark a boundary or path.
87. Any fungus of the family Hygrophoraceae having gills that are more or less waxy in appearance.
89. Small opening (like a window in a door) through which business can be transacted.
91. A plant hormone promoting elongation of stems and roots.
92. The sign language used in the United States.
93. An advantageous purchase.
95. (in Gnosticism) A divine power or nature emanating from the Supreme Being and playing various roles in the operation of the universe.
96. Syndrome resulting from a serious acute (sometimes fatal) infection associated with the presence of staphylococcus.
97. Any of numerous hairy-bodied insects including social and solitary species.
98. The third canonical hour.
99. Being or occurring at an advanced period of time or after a usual or expected time.
100. A federal agency established to coordinate programs aimed at reducing pollution and protecting the environment.
1. One of several parallel sloping beams that support a roof.
2. On or toward the lee.
3. Someone who works (or provides workers) during a strike.
4. Freetail bats.
5. (Irish) The sea personified.
6. A medicinal drug used to evoke vomiting (especially in cases of drug overdose or poisoning).
7. Covered with paving material.
8. An onerous or difficult concern.
9. The organ of smell and entrance to the respiratory tract.
10. An agency of the United Nations affiliated with the World Bank.
11. A monarchy on a Polynesian archipelago in the South Pacific.
12. Standard time in the 5th time zone west of Greenwich, reckoned at the 75th meridian.
13. A colorless odorless gas used as a fuel.
14. A particular geographical region of indefinite boundary (usually serving some special purpose or distinguished by its people or culture or geography).
15. A person who has lied or who lies repeatedly.
16. (prefix) Half or partial.
25. A small fragment of something broken off from the whole.
26. A bachelor's degree in science.
27. A genus of the family Droseraceae.
28. A metric unit of length equal to one hundredth of a meter.
30. A bitter aromatic gum resin that resembles asafetida.
31. Unsegmented worms with elongated rounded body pointed at both ends.
33. Any of numerous perennials having tuberous roots and long narrow bladelike leaves and usually yellow lilylike flowers that bloom for only a day.
35. A city is east central Sweden north northwest of Stockholm.
36. In some classifications another name for the family Lamnidae.
37. A card recording an employee's starting and quitting times each work day.
39. An associate degree in nursing.
41. A republic in the West Indies on the western part of the island of Hispaniola.
42. (Akkadian) God of wisdom.
45. Essential oil or perfume obtained from flowers.
46. Of or relating to or characteristic of the Republic of Chad or its people or language.
48. Small genus of evergreen tropical shrubs or trees with smooth leathery leaves.
52. A state in the southeastern United States on the Gulf of Mexico.
54. The sixth day of the week.
55. An herb with milky juice.
57. Advanced in years.
64. A period marked by distinctive character or reckoned from a fixed point or event.
66. A public promotion of some product or service.
69. A person who is very poor.
70. A male monarch or emperor (especially of Russia prior to 1917).
71. Of or belonging to an aecium.
73. A member of the branch of Islam that regards Ali as the legitimate successor to Mohammed and rejects the first three caliphs.
76. The space between two lines or planes that intersect.
77. A toxic nonmetallic element related to sulfur and tellurium.
78. The place where some action occurs.
79. A feudal lord or baron in Scotland.
80. Freedom from difficulty or hardship or effort.
81. A shaft on which a wheel rotates.
82. A door-like movable barrier in a fence or wall.
83. Evergreen trees and shrubs having oily one-seeded fruits.
85. Uttering in an irritated tone.
86. An independent agency of the United States government responsible for aviation and spaceflight.
88. Standard time in the 6th time zone west of Greenwich, reckoned at the 90th meridian.
90. (often followed by `of') A large number or amount or extent.
94. A radioactive element of the actinide series.