1. An easy return of a tennis ball in a high arc.
4. Showing mental alertness and calculation and resourcefulness.
9. Showily imitative of art or artists.
13. The state of matter distinguished from the solid and liquid states by.
16. A federal agency established to coordinate programs aimed at reducing pollution and protecting the environment.
17. A family of Sino-Tibetan languages spoken in southeastern Asia.
18. The imperial dynasty of China from 1122 to 221 BC.
19. A mature blood cell that contains hemoglobin to carry oxygen to the bodily tissues.
20. The fatty flesh of eel.
21. Not elegant or graceful in expression.
22. A training program to prepare college students to be commissioned officers.
23. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
24. Someone who works (or provides workers) during a strike.
26. An ornamental jewelled headdress signifying sovereignty.
28. (of complexion) Blemished by imperfections of the skin.
29. A soft silvery metallic element of the alkali earth group.
30. An official language of the Republic of South Africa.
33. A nucleic acid consisting of large molecules shaped like a double helix.
34. A Chadic language spoken south of Lake Chad.
36. A drawing intended to explain how something works.
40. Belonging to or prescribed for celiac disease.
44. A heavy brittle metallic element of the platinum group.
45. (Greek mythology) One of the three Graces.
50. A group of Plains Indians formerly living in what is now North and South Dakota and Nebraska and Kansas and Arkansas and Louisiana and Oklahoma and Texas.
51. The fleshy part of the human body that you sit on.
56. Witnessed at first hand.
57. Small deer of Japan with slightly forked antlers.
58. An ugly evil-looking old woman.
59. A young woman.
60. The act of grasping.
61. Any culture medium that uses agar as the gelling agent.
62. A condensed but memorable saying embodying some important fact of experience that is taken as true by many people.
63. Not in.
64. Bright and pleasant.
65. Alternatively, a member of the family Nymphaeaceae.
67. Of a quality, as in.
70. A reptile genus of Iguanidae.
71. (British) A waterproof raincoat made of rubberized fabric.
74. A quantity of no importance.
75. A toxic nonmetallic element related to sulfur and tellurium.
78. Articles of commerce.
84. Type genus of the Raphidae.
85. A flat-bottomed volcanic crater that was formed by an explosion.
87. Shrub bearing oval-fruited kumquats.
89. Type genus of the Gavidae.
93. Informal terms.
96. United States swimmer who in 1926 became the first woman to swim the English Channel (1903- ).
98. A river in north central Switzerland that runs northeast into the Rhine.
99. East Indian tree bearing a profusion of intense vermilion velvet-textured blooms and yielding a yellow dye.
100. The brightest star in Virgo.
102. Any of numerous local fertility and nature deities worshipped by ancient Semitic peoples.
103. The United Nations agency concerned with international maritime activities.
104. A period marked by distinctive character or reckoned from a fixed point or event.
105. Wood of a pecan tree.
106. Type genus of the Alcidae comprising solely the razorbill.
107. The compass point that is one point west of due north.
1. The sediment from fermentation of an alcoholic beverage.
2. An organization of countries formed in 1961 to agree on a common policy for the sale of petroleum.
3. When dried yields a hard substance used e.g. in golf balls.
4. Narrow wood or metal or plastic runners used for gliding over snow.
5. An adult male person (as opposed to a woman).
6. (Babylonian) God of storms and wind.
7. Done or occurring in a brief period of time.
8. A person of exceptional importance and reputation.
9. A unit of area (4840 square yards) used in English-speaking countries.
10. A parallelogram with four equal sides.
11. A small amount (especially of a drink).
12. A member of the Mayan people of the Yucatan peninsula in Mexico.
13. The mother of your father or mother.
14. A French abbot.
15. Any of a number of fishes of the family Carangidae.
25. A flexible container with a single opening.
27. An official prosecutor for a judicial district.
29. A woman's large folded hooped hood.
31. Electrical conduction through a gas in an applied electric field.
32. A white soft metallic element that tarnishes readily.
35. A radioactive element of the actinide series.
37. Pour water on.
38. Covered with paving material.
39. Being three more than fifty.
41. A graphic character used in ideography.
42. The state capital of South Australia.
43. Of or relating to or resembling a condyle.
46. Mentally or physically infirm with age.
47. A long-playing phonograph record.
48. Spiritual being attendant upon God.
49. American professional baseball player who hit more home runs than Babe Ruth (born in 1934).
52. Jordan's port.
53. Edible starchy tuberous root of taro plants.
54. According to the Old Testament he was a pagan king of Israel and husband of Jezebel (9th century BC).
55. (Welsh) A warrior god.
66. A state in New England.
68. Any ameba of the genus Endamoeba.
69. Squash bugs.
72. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
73. A heavy odorless colorless gas formed during respiration and by the decomposition of organic substances.
76. An aggressive remark directed at a person like a missile and intended to have a telling effect.
77. A logarithmic unit of sound intensity.
79. Toward the mouth or oral region.
80. In the shape of a coil.
81. A major waterfall in southern Africa.
82. Czech novelist who wrote in German about a nightmarish world of isolated and troubled individuals (1883-1924).
83. Ludicrously odd.
84. Inflammation of the female pelvic organs (especially the Fallopian tubes) caused by infection by any of several microorganisms (chiefly gonococci and chlamydia).
86. (old-fashioned) At or from or to a great distance.
88. Wild or seedling sweet cherry used as stock for grafting.
90. Characteristic of false pride.
91. A metrical unit with unstressed-stressed syllables.
92. Beside one another in a row or rank.
94. Apparent power to perceive things that are not present to the senses.
95. Any of various primates with short tails or no tail at all.
97. Resinlike substance secreted by certain lac insects.
98. A police officer who investigates crimes.
101. A white metallic element that burns with a brilliant light.