1. Someone (especially a woman) who annoys people by constantly finding fault.
4. Sour or bitter in taste.
9. Someone who works (or provides workers) during a strike.
13. A flat wing-shaped process or winglike part of an organism.
16. South American wood sorrel cultivated for its edible tubers.
17. A dress worn primarily by Hindu women.
18. Type genus of the Majidae.
19. A small piece of cloth.
20. (Greek legend) The greedy king of Phrygia who Dionysus gave the power to turn everything he touched into gold.
22. Willing to face danger.
24. Thick heavy expensive material with a raised pattern.
26. (Babylonian) A demigod or first man.
27. A crown-like jewelled headdress worn by women on formal occasions.
29. Having had the bones removed.
30. Capital and largest city of Iraq.
31. A non-aromatic saturated hydrocarbon with the general formula CnH(2n+2).
32. A long noosed rope used to catch animals.
34. An island in Indonesia south of Borneo.
36. A living organism characterized by voluntary movement.
39. A heavy brittle metallic element of the platinum group.
40. An expression of greeting.
44. A colorless and odorless inert gas.
45. An arrangement of flowers that is usually given as a present.
48. A manner of performance.
50. An antidepressant drug that acts by blocking the reuptake of serotonin so that more serotonin is available to act on receptors in the brain.
52. (Babylonian) The sky god.
53. A soft silvery metallic element of the alkali earth group.
54. A republic in southern Europe on the Italian Peninsula.
57. (computer science) A kind of computer architecture that has a relatively small set of computer instructions that it can perform.
59. Insoluble pigments that account for the color of e.g. skin and scales and feathers.
60. A bloody and prolonged operation in which American marines landed and defeated Japanese defenders (February and March 1945).
61. Draw in by breathing.
63. An intensely radioactive metallic element that occurs in minute amounts in uranium ores.
64. The blood group whose red cells carry both the A and B antigens.
67. Moving quickly and lightly.
71. The basic unit of money in Bangladesh.
72. Any tropical African shrub of the genus Protea having alternate rigid leaves and dense colorful flower heads resembling cones.
74. Attractiveness to the opposite sex.
76. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
79. A building where prostitutes are available.
80. United States writer of poems and plays about racial conflict (born in 1934).
84. Any plant of the genus Phacelia.
86. Using artistic forms and conventions to create effects.
87. Having only superficial plausibility.
88. A loud bombastic declamation expressed with strong emotion.
90. West Indian tree having racemes of fragrant white flowers and yielding a durable timber and resinous juice.
91. Used of a single unit or thing.
92. An indication of potential opportunity.
93. Of or relating to near the ear.
95. (British) Your grandmother.
96. A boy or man.
97. Brief and to the point.
98. English tennis player who won may women's singles titles (born in 1945).
99. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
1. Acute ulceration of the mucous membranes of the mouth or genitals.
2. Harsh or corrosive in tone.
3. A member of an agricultural people in southeastern India.
4. The slender spear of the Bantu-speaking people of Africa.
5. A white metallic element that burns with a brilliant light.
6. A cgs unit of work or energy.
7. A long noosed rope used to catch animals.
8. A town in northern Minnesota.
9. A gray lustrous metallic element of the rare earth group.
10. An esoteric or occult matter that is traditionally secret.
11. Relating to or characteristic of or occurring in the air.
12. African tree having an exceedingly thick trunk and fruit that resembles a gourd and has an edible pulp called monkey bread.
13. A genus of orb-weaving spiders including common garden spiders and barn spiders.
14. Remove with or as if with a ladle.
15. Advanced in years.
21. An absence of emotion or enthusiasm.
23. (Akkadian) God of wisdom.
25. Tropical Asian tree with hard white wood and bark formerly used as a remedy for dysentery and diarrhea.
28. Small circular or square cases of dough with savory fillings.
33. Garments (clothes or linens) that are to be (or have been) ironed.
35. An annual publication including weather forecasts and other miscellaneous information arranged according to the calendar of a given year.
37. A region of Malaysia on northwestern Borneo.
38. A plant of the genus Kniphofia having long grasslike leaves and tall scapes of red or yellow drooping flowers.
41. Being one hundred more than three hundred.
42. Precipitation of ice pellets when there are strong rising air currents.
43. A ductile gray metallic element of the lanthanide series.
46. (Japanese) Rice (with raw fish) wrapped in seaweed.
47. The state or quality of being widely honored and acclaimed.
49. Generator consisting of a coil (the armature) that rotates between the poles of an electromagnet (the field magnet) causing a current to flow in the armature.
51. The main city of ancient Phoenicia.
55. A cloth having a crisscross design.
56. One thousand grams.
58. A high-crowned black cap (usually made of felt or sheepskin) worn by men in Turkey and Iran and the Caucasus.
62. (Irish) The sea personified.
65. Moderate-sized Asiatic moth whose larvae feed on mulberry leaves and produce silk.
66. An antibiotic (trade name Erythrocin or E-Mycin or Ethril or Ilosone or Pediamycin) obtained from the actinomycete Streptomyces erythreus.
68. A worker who stains (wood or fabric).
69. A group of islands off the west coast of Sicily in the Mediterranean.
70. A slang term for a jail.
71. An esoteric or occult matter that is traditionally secret.
73. Having the equatorial diameter greater than the polar diameter.
75. A large and stately mansion.
77. A republic in West Africa on the Gulf of Guinea.
78. Treated with contempt.
81. (Hindu) A manner of sitting (as in the practice of Yoga).
82. Cubes of meat marinated and cooked on a skewer usually with vegetables.
83. A city in southern Turkey on the Seyhan River.
85. At a previous time.
89. A strong emotion.
94. A hard gray lustrous metallic element that is highly corrosion-resistant.