1. Someone who engages in arbitrage (who purchases securities in one market for immediate resale in another in the hope of profiting from the price differential).
4. Being or befitting or characteristic of an infant.
8. Air pollution by a mixture of smoke and fog.
12. A large number or amount.
16. Towards the side away from the wind.
17. A dull persistent (usually moderately intense) pain.
18. A river in north central Switzerland that runs northeast into the Rhine.
19. A republic in the Middle East in western Asia.
20. (of complexion) Blemished by imperfections of the skin.
22. An alloy of mercury with another metal (usually silver) used by dentists to fill cavities in teeth.
24. A landlocked republic in northwestern Africa.
25. United States educator who introduced reforms that significantly altered the system of public education (1796-1859).
28. An organization of countries formed in 1961 to agree on a common policy for the sale of petroleum.
29. A Dravidian language spoken by the Gond people in south central India.
31. Type genus of the family Unionidae.
36. A city in central Tanzania.
40. A mountain range in western Russia extending from the arctic to the Caspian Sea.
43. A rare chronic progressive encephalitis caused by the measles virus and occurring primarily in children and young adults.
44. Make less active or intense.
47. An enclosed space.
48. The eleventh month of the Hindu calendar.
50. Two-year-old sheep.
51. Small tropical American tree bearing edible plumlike fruit.
53. The doctrine or belief that there is no God.
57. The 16th letter of the Hebrew alphabet.
58. (usually followed by `of') Released from something onerous (especially an obligation or duty).
59. A plant hormone promoting elongation of stems and roots.
60. A wrong action attributable to bad judgment or ignorance or inattention.
61. A circular segment of a curve.
62. Type genus of the Anatidae.
64. Being nine more than ninety.
65. A synthetic silklike fabric.
66. Formerly a large constellation in the southern hemisphere between Canis Major and the Southern Cross.
67. The cardinal number that is the sum of seven and one.
70. A unit of weight used in east Asia approximately equal to 1.3 ounces.
72. A white soft metallic element that tarnishes readily.
73. (astronomy) The angular distance of a celestial point measured westward along the celestial equator from the zenith crossing.
75. A form of Japanese poetry.
79. (an Irish term of address expressing affection) Darling.
86. A yearning for something or to do something.
87. An Arabic speaking person who lives in Arabia or North Africa.
88. A member of a Turkic people of Chinese Turkestan and neighboring areas (formerly of Mongolia and eastern Turkestan).
90. West Indian tree having racemes of fragrant white flowers and yielding a durable timber and resinous juice.
92. Any small compartment.
93. A city in southern Japan on Kyushu.
95. By bad luck.
96. The lean flesh of a fish similar to cod.
97. The father of your father or mother.
98. A small cake leavened with yeast.
1. The mission in San Antonio where in 1836 Mexican forces under Santa Anna besieged and massacred American rebels who were fighting to make Texas independent of Mexico.
2. A summary that repeats the substance of a longer discussion.
3. East Indian annual erect herb.
4. Having undesirable or negative qualities.
5. A radioactive element of the actinide series.
6. The sixth month of the Hindu calendar.
7. Of or relating to or characteristic of Yemen or its inhabitants.
8. Ragout of game in a rich sauce.
9. (New Testament) The sages who visited Jesus and Mary and Joseph shortly after Jesus was born.
10. A port city in northwestern Algeria and the country's 2nd largest city.
11. A crystalline rock that can be cut and polished for jewelry.
12. An appliance that allows an object (such as a ship's compass) to remain horizontal even as its support tips.
13. Using speech rather than writing.
14. An island in Indonesia east of Java.
15. Narrow wood or metal or plastic runners used for gliding over snow.
21. Provide with clothes or put clothes on.
23. A feeling of strong eagerness (usually in favor of a person or cause).
26. Largest known toad species.
27. Take in solid food.
30. Derive or receive pleasure from.
32. Perennial marsh plant having swordlike leaves and aromatic roots.
33. One who tries.
34. The time between occurrences of a repeating event.
35. The second or lower part of a duet (especially a piano duet).
37. Decreasing in amount or intensity.
38. Capital and largest city of Iraq.
39. A rare heavy polyvalent metallic element that resembles manganese chemically and is used in some alloys.
41. A difficult entangling situation.
42. Physically and mentally fatigued.
45. Wood of a sumac.
46. The blood group whose red cells carry both the A and B antigens.
49. An anti-inflammatory drug that does not contain steroids.
52. An esoteric or occult matter that is traditionally secret.
54. Being one more than one.
55. Spanish missionary who founded Franciscan missions in California (1713-1784).
56. The form of RNA that attaches the correct amino acid to the protein chain that is being synthesized at the ribosome of the cell (according to directions coded in the mRNA).
63. (of a substance) Capable of being dissolved in some solvent (usually water).
64. Having undesirable or negative qualities.
68. An associate degree in applied science.
69. A Bantu language spoken by the Chaga people in northern Tanzania.
71. An inactive volcano in Sicily.
74. The capacitance of a capacitor that has an equal and opposite charge of 1 coulomb on each plate and a voltage difference of 1 volt between the plates.
75. An associate degree in nursing.
76. City in Sudan.
77. Cubes of meat marinated and cooked on a skewer usually with vegetables.
78. Squash bugs.
80. A particular geographical region of indefinite boundary (usually serving some special purpose or distinguished by its people or culture or geography).
81. A metal cleat on the bottom front of a horseshoe to prevent slipping.
82. (usually followed by `with' or used in a combining form) Having items suspended on or from a support.
83. A person who has lied or who lies repeatedly.
84. A doctor's degree in music.
85. Harsh or corrosive in tone.
89. Imperial dynasty that ruled China (most of the time) from 206 BC to 221 and expanded its boundaries and developed its bureaucracy.
91. A workplace for the conduct of scientific research.
94. Unknown god.