1. A fatal disease of cattle that affects the central nervous system.
4. Small room on a ship or boat where people sleep.
9. Essential oil or perfume obtained from flowers.
13. Used in combination to denote the middle.
16. (informal) Of the highest quality.
17. A city in northeastern Ohio.
18. The capital and chief port of Qatar.
19. A reptile genus of Iguanidae.
20. A flexible container with a single opening.
21. An enzyme that catalyzes the oxidation of many body compounds (e.g., epinephrine and norepinephrine and serotonin).
22. A trivalent metallic element of the rare earth group.
24. Treated dishonorably.
26. The blood group whose red cells carry both the A and B antigens.
28. Type genus of the family Arcidae.
29. Acute ulceration of the mucous membranes of the mouth or genitals.
30. Of a pale purple color.
32. American Revolutionary patriot.
34. A soft silver-white ductile metallic element (liquid at normal temperatures).
36. Of or relating to or characteristic of Hades or Tartarus.
39. A river that rises in central Germany and flows north to join the Elbe River.
42. Desire strongly or persistently.
45. An embroidered rug made from a coarse Indian felt.
46. Before noon.
47. According to the Old Testament he was a pagan king of Israel and husband of Jezebel (9th century BC).
48. A genus of orb-weaving spiders including common garden spiders and barn spiders.
50. The oily secretion of the sebaceous glands.
52. Of or relating to the dura mater.
54. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
55. (of champagne) Moderately dry.
58. A challenge to do something dangerous or foolhardy.
59. The capital and largest city of Bangladesh.
60. Functioning correctly and ready for action.
62. (British) Your grandmother.
63. Any of various strong liquors distilled from the fermented sap of toddy palms or from fermented molasses.
64. Any of numerous venomous fanged snakes of warmer parts of both hemispheres.
68. A Chadic language spoken in northern Nigeria.
73. An independent agency of the United States government responsible for collecting and coordinating intelligence and counterintelligence activities abroad in the national interest.
75. Build again.
79. The spirit of evil in Zoroastrianism.
81. Vine snakes.
83. A silvery ductile metallic element found primarily in bauxite.
84. Tropical American trees with palmately compound leaves and showy bell-shaped flowers.
88. A unit of pain intensity.
89. Align anew or better.
92. An agency of the United Nations affiliated with the World Bank.
93. Relating to or resembling a cone.
94. An amino acid that is found in the central nervous system.
96. Leaf or strip from a leaf of the talipot palm used in India for writing paper.
97. Not of long duration.
98. Related on the mother's side.
99. A member of an Iroquoian people formerly living on the south shore of Lake Erie in northern Ohio and northwest Pennsylvania and western New York.
100. Resonance of protons to radiation in a magnetic field.
1. A small cake leavened with yeast.
2. Someone who works (or provides workers) during a strike.
3. A graphical record of electrical activity of the brain.
4. Cud-chewing mammal used as a draft or saddle animal in desert regions.
5. Jordan's port.
6. A decorative pin worn by women.
7. (Greek mythology) A maiden seduced by Zeus.
8. The compass point that is midway between north and northeast.
9. A public promotion of some product or service.
10. A region in central Italy.
11. Having the leading position or higher score in a contest.
12. A unit of absorbed ionizing radiation equal to 100 ergs per gram of irradiated material.
13. Mucus-secreting membrane lining all body cavities or passages that communicate with the exterior.
14. A distinct part that can be specified separately in a group of things that could be enumerated on a list.
15. An informal term for a father.
23. Usually elongate cluster of flowers along the main stem in which the flowers at the base open first.
25. Not mated sexually.
27. A commercial bribe paid by a seller to a purchasing agent in order to induce the agent to enter into the transaction.
31. A city in southern Turkey on the Seyhan River.
33. A very poisonous metallic element that has three allotropic forms.
35. Extremely large treelike cactus of desert regions of southwestern United States having a thick columnar sparsely branched trunk bearing white flowers and edible red pulpy fruit.
37. Or or related to the synthetic phase of metabolism.
38. Absence of the mammary glands (either through surgery or developmental defect).
40. A hypothetical continent that (according to plate tectonic theory) broke up later into North America and Europe and Asia.
41. Large-holed Swiss cheese.
43. A potent narcotic antagonist (trade name Narcan) especially effective with morphine.
44. An intensely radioactive metallic element that occurs in minute amounts in uranium ores.
49. East Indian cereal grass whose seed yield a somewhat bitter flour, a staple in the Orient.
51. East Indian tree that puts out aerial shoots that grow down into the soil forming additional trunks.
53. A white soft metallic element that tarnishes readily.
56. Either extremity of something that has length.
57. A white metallic element that burns with a brilliant light.
61. An ancient Hebrew unit of dry measure equal to about a bushel.
65. The largest continent with 60% of the earth's population.
66. Treelike tropical Asian herbs.
67. Used of mouth or eyes.
69. A large square-rigged sailing ship with three or more masts.
70. The universal time coordinated time when a transmission is sent from Earth to a spacecraft or other celestial body.
71. An awkward and inexperienced youth.
72. 14th President of the United States (1804-1869).
74. Aromatic bulb used as seasoning.
76. A farcical afterpiece in the ancient Roman theater.
77. A rule made by a local authority to regulate its own affairs.
78. English aristocrat who was the first wife of Prince Charles.
80. An area in which something acts or operates or has power or control.
82. Having a long narrow cut.
85. (computer science) A graphic symbol (usually a simple picture) that denotes a program or a command or a data file or a concept in a graphical user interface.
86. Any of various aromatic resinous substances used for healing and soothing.
87. South American armadillo with three bands of bony plates.
90. Water frozen in the solid state.
91. A run that is the result of the batter's performance.
95. A colorless and odorless inert gas.