1. A widely distributed system of free and fixed macrophages derived from bone marrow.
4. The sacred city of Lamaism.
9. A French abbot.
13. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
16. Take in solid food.
17. A Greek epic poem (attributed to Homer) describing the siege of Troy.
18. A complex red organic pigment containing iron and other atoms to which oxygen binds.
19. Primitive predaceous North American fish covered with hard scales and having long jaws with needle-like teeth.
20. Any of a number of fishes of the family Carangidae.
22. Nearest in space or position.
24. A river in north central Switzerland that runs northeast into the Rhine.
25. Having been read.
26. A soft white precious univalent metallic element having the highest electrical and thermal conductivity of any metal.
28. The blood group whose red cells carry both the A and B antigens.
29. A white metallic element that burns with a brilliant light.
31. A gray lustrous metallic element of the rare earth group.
32. Formerly a gold coin of various European countries.
34. The superior of an abbey of monks.
37. The basic unit of money in Western Samoa.
40. Challenge the honesty or credibility of.
44. A tract of land with few or no trees in the middle of a wooded area.
45. The United Nations agency concerned with international maritime activities.
47. (used of opinions and actions) Far beyond the norm.
48. The actions and activities assigned to or required or expected of a person or group.
52. The provision of money temporarily (usually at interest).
53. A pointed tool for marking surfaces or for punching small holes.
54. A Dravidian language spoken in south central India.
55. A province in north-central China.
56. Small genus of western North American herbs similar to Lesquerella.
60. A visual presentation showing how something works.
62. A source of danger.
63. Russian concert pianist who was a leading international virtuoso (1904-1989).
64. A island in the Netherlands Antilles that is the top of an extinct volcano.
65. Black-and-white short-necked web-footed diving bird of northern seas.
66. Tropical American tree grown in southern United States having a whitish pink-tinged fruit.
67. The corporate executive responsible for the operations of the firm.
69. Provided with artificial light.
71. A white soft metallic element that tarnishes readily.
72. A high wave (often dangerous) caused by tidal flow (as by colliding tidal currents or in a narrow estuary).
73. A unit of information equal to one million (1,048,576) bytes.
75. (Jewish cookery) A loaf of white bread containing eggs and leavened with yeast.
78. A brittle silver-white metalloid element that is related to selenium and sulfur.
81. The cry made by sheep.
82. A very young child (birth to 1 year) who has not yet begun to walk or talk.
90. A flat wing-shaped process or winglike part of an organism.
92. A promontory in northern Morocco opposite the Rock of Gibraltar.
94. A state of deep and often prolonged unconsciousness.
95. A legal document codifying the result of deliberations of a committee or society or legislative body.
96. King of Denmark and Norway who forced Edmund II to divide England with him.
98. Chief port of Yemen.
99. American novelist (1909-1955).
100. The syllable naming the sixth (submediant) note of a major or minor scale in solmization.
101. (Old Testament) In Judeo-Christian mythology.
102. A small ball with a hole through the middle.
103. Type genus of the Ranidae.
1. Flat tableland with steep edges.
2. Large burrowing rodent of South and Central America.
3. Indicating the most important performer or role.
4. Being one more than fifty.
5. (botany) Of or relating to the axil.
6. A step to one side (as in boxing or dancing).
7. A mountain peak in the Andes in Bolivia (21,391 feet high).
8. (Babylonian) God of storms and wind.
9. Having the leading position or higher score in a contest.
10. The capital and largest city of the Central Africa Republic.
11. The money risked on a gamble.
12. The square of a body of any size of type.
13. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
14. A small cake leavened with yeast.
15. An Arabic speaking person who lives in Arabia or North Africa.
21. Convert code into ordinary language.
23. Near or relating to the patella or kneecap.
27. Chevrotain somewhat larger than the kanchil.
30. Goddess of criminal rashness and its punishment.
33. A metric unit of length equal to one hundredth of a meter.
35. The spiracle of a cetacean located far back on the skull.
36. Be bossy towards.
38. The basic unit of money on Malta.
39. A sum of money paid in compensation for loss or injury.
41. Lack of normal muscular tension or tonus.
42. Type genus of Crassulaceae.
43. (Judaism) An eight-day Jewish holiday commemorating the rededication of the Temple of Jerusalem.
46. A severe or trying experience.
49. An antidepressant drug that acts by blocking the reuptake of serotonin so that more serotonin is available to act on receptors in the brain.
50. Affect with wonder.
51. (prosody) Of or consisting of iambs.
57. One of a series of similar body segments into which some animals are divided longitudinally.
58. (sometimes followed by `of') Having or showing realization or perception.
59. A contagious skin infection caused by the itch mite.
61. Profane or obscene expression usually of surprise or anger.
68. A member of the Siouan people formerly living in the Missouri river valley in NE Nebraska.
70. Freight car without permanent sides or roof.
71. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
74. African tree having an exceedingly thick trunk and fruit that resembles a gourd and has an edible pulp called monkey bread.
75. (of persons) Highest in rank or authority or office.
76. A dark-skinned member of a race of people living in Australia when Europeans arrived.
77. A lake in northwestern Russia north of St. Petersburg.
78. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
79. A nonmetallic largely pentavalent heavy volatile corrosive dark brown liquid element belonging to the halogens.
80. Flat rectangular plate (a piece of glass) on which specimens can be mounted for microscopic study.
83. Type genus of the Alcidae comprising solely the razorbill.
84. A vessel in which something is immersed to maintain it at a constant temperature or to process or lubricate it.
85. A baton used by a magician or water diviner.
86. Largest known toad species.
87. The (prehensile) extremity of the superior limb.
88. A sign of something about to happen.
89. (Greek mythology) Goddess of the earth and mother of Cronus and the Titans in ancient mythology.
91. Aircraft landing in bad weather in which the pilot is talked down by ground control using precision approach radar.
93. A unit of length of thread or yarn.
97. A soft silvery metallic element of the rare earth group.