1. The federal agency that insures residential mortgages.
4. Spiritual leader of a Jewish congregation.
9. Disabled in the feet or legs.
13. Standard time in the 7th time zone west of Greenwich, reckoned at the 105th meridian west.
16. A former agency (from 1946 to 1974) that was responsible for research into atomic energy and its peacetime uses in the United States.
17. Fruit of the oak tree.
18. The sixth month of the civil year.
19. South American wood sorrel cultivated for its edible tubers.
20. The most common computer memory which can be used by programs to perform necessary tasks while the computer is on.
21. A person who walks rapidly with long steps.
23. Greek coloratura soprano (born in the United States) known for her dramatic intensity in operatic roles (1923-1977).
25. An organization of countries formed in 1961 to agree on a common policy for the sale of petroleum.
27. Brought about or caused.
28. How a result is obtained or an end is achieved.
29. An awkward stupid person.
31. A crystalline rock that can be cut and polished for jewelry.
33. A dicotyledonous genus of the family Labiatae.
39. Genus of Eurasian spiny shrubs.
40. A piece of dishware normally used as a container for holding or serving food.
41. Crowned with or as if with laurel symbolizing victory.
45. English theologian who (with John Henry Newman and John Keble) founded the Oxford Movement (1800-1882).
47. The actions and activities assigned to or required or expected of a person or group.
48. An independent ruler or chieftain (especially in Africa or Arabia).
52. A person regarded as arrogant and annoying.
53. The former capital and 2nd largest city of Brazil.
54. (Norse mythology) A dwarf who possessed a treasure that was stolen by Loki.
55. Aircraft landing in bad weather in which the pilot is talked down by ground control using precision approach radar.
56. Ornamented in a vulgar or showy fashion.
58. Buffalo fishes.
62. A heavy brittle metallic element of the platinum group.
63. A member of the Iroquoian people formerly living east of Lake Ontario.
66. Far distant in space.
67. A river in north central Switzerland that runs northeast into the Rhine.
68. Transmissions that are disseminated widely to the public.
69. Inspired by a feeling of fearful wonderment or reverence.
70. Tag the base runner to get him out.
72. The act of coercing someone into government service.
76. A band worn around or over the head.
81. Double in magnitude, extent, or intensity.
85. Primitive chlorophyll-containing mainly aquatic eukaryotic organisms lacking true stems and roots and leaves.
86. A small vessel with a rim curved to fit the orbit of the eye.
88. At full speed.
89. Step on it.
90. Make lively.
92. (British) Diesel oil used in cars and lorries with diesel engines (from d(iesel) e(ngine) r(oad) v(ehicle)).
94. Of or relating to or characteristic of Thailand of its people.
95. A coenzyme derived from the B vitamin nicotinic acid.
96. Avoid or try to avoid, as of duties, questions and issues.
97. A river in central Europe that arises in northwestern Czechoslovakia and flows northward through Germany to empty into the North Sea.
98. An open box attached to a long pole handle.
1. A card game in which players bet against the dealer on the cards he will draw from a dealing box.
2. A collection of objects laid on top of each other.
3. The highest level or degree attainable.
4. The network in the reticular formation that serves an alerting or arousal function.
5. Trade name for a drug containing an antihistamine and a decongestant.
6. Brought into existence.
7. United States labor leader who organized the longshoremen (1901-1990).
8. Give qualities or abilities to.
9. Swift timid long-eared mammal larger than a rabbit having a divided upper lip and long hind legs.
10. A public promotion of some product or service.
11. Resinlike substance secreted by certain lac insects.
12. A four-wheeled wagon that runs on tracks in a mine.
13. Designating a solution containing 1 mole of solute per 1000 grams of solvent.
14. Less than the correct or legal or full amount often deliberately so.
15. One of two pieces of armor plate hanging from the fauld to protect the upper thighs.
22. Electronic warfare undertaken to prevent or reduce an enemy's effective use of the electromagnetic spectrum.
24. The body of people who lead a group.
26. Someone who tries to persuade by blandishment and coaxing.
30. A radioactive element of the actinide series.
32. A short composition for a solo instrument.
34. Deciduous shrubs and trees of tropical America having branches like candelabra and fragrant white or pink flowers.
35. Greek poet whose existing works describe rural life and the genealogies of the gods and the beginning of the world (eighth century BC).
36. A liquid terpene with a lemon odor.
37. Large genus of Australian evergreen shrubs or small trees with large daisylike flowers.
38. Derived from or containing calcium or lime.
42. A powerful wooden bow drawn by hand.
43. Declaim in an elocutionary manner.
44. Mixed with impurities.
46. A master's degree in fine arts.
49. Alternatively, a member of the family Nymphaeaceae.
50. Combined or joined to increase in size or quantity or scope.
51. Being five more than fifty.
57. A temporally organized plan for matters to be attended to.
59. Forced to turn and face attackers.
60. That is to say.
61. The third compartment of the stomach of a ruminant.
64. Being one more than two.
65. A barrier constructed to contain the flow or water or to keep out the sea.
71. A poplar that is widely cultivated in the United States.
73. A person excessively concerned about propriety and decorum.
74. Cause to move back by force or influence.
75. Dry white Italian wine from Verona.
77. English essayist (1775-1834).
78. Advanced in years.
79. A river in northwestern Russia flowing generally west into the Gulf of Finland.
80. Colored or impregnated with dye.
82. A vessel in which something is immersed to maintain it at a constant temperature or to process or lubricate it.
83. The dynasty that ruled much of Manchuria and northeastern China from 947 to 1125.
84. A town in north central Oklahoma.
87. The compass point midway between northeast and east.
91. Being one more than three.
93. A soft silvery metallic element of the alkali metal group.
94. A colorless and odorless inert gas.