1. An easy return of a tennis ball in a high arc.
4. A Bantu language spoken by the Chaga people in northern Tanzania.
9. An informal term for a father.
13. The compass point that is one point west of due south.
16. A corporation's first offer to sell stock to the public.
17. A device that, on receiving radar signals, transmits coded signals in response to help navigators determine their position.
18. A program under which employees regularly accumulate shares and may ultimately assume control of the company.
19. An adherent of any branch of Taoism.
20. A decorative musical accompaniment (often improvised) added above a basic melody.
22. A city in western Germany near the Dutch and Belgian borders.
24. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
25. English scholastic philosopher and assumed author of Occam's Razor (1285-1349).
26. Heart and liver and other edible viscera especially of hogs.
28. Worn or shabby from overuse or (of pages) from having corners turned down.
30. A metallic element having four allotropic forms.
31. Experiencing motion sickness.
32. The unlimited 3-dimensional expanse in which everything is located.
37. Relatively low in price or charging low prices.
40. The basic unit of money in Bangladesh.
42. The organ of sight (`peeper' is an informal term for `eye').
44. Predatory black-and-white toothed whale with large dorsal fin.
45. Half the width of an em.
46. Surveying instrument consisting of the upper movable part of a theodolite including the telescope and its attachments.
48. English writer of novels and short stories (1913-1991).
50. Submerged aquatic plant having narrow leaves and small flowers.
52. Panel forming the lower part of an interior wall when it is finished differently from the rest.
54. A complete metric system of units of measurement for scientists.
55. A colorless odorless gaseous element that give a red glow in a vacuum tube.
56. Acute delirium caused by alcohol poisoning.
58. German musician who developed a system for teaching music to children (1895-1982).
60. An established custom.
62. A collection of objects laid on top of each other.
64. A bet that you can pick the first and second finishers in the right order.
67. A metric unit of weight equal to one thousandth of a kilogram.
68. Goddess of criminal rashness and its punishment.
69. Fear resulting from the awareness of danger.
70. Any of various water-soluble compounds capable of turning litmus blue and reacting with an acid to form a salt and water.
71. Declare invalid.
73. A cord that is drawn through eyelets or around hooks in order to draw together two edges (as of a shoe or garment).
76. Informal terms for a mother.
77. Essential oil or perfume obtained from flowers.
82. Cubes of meat marinated and cooked on a skewer usually with vegetables.
85. Genus of herbs of Eurasia and the Americas.
87. (of a young animal) Abandoned by its mother and raised by hand.
90. An Arabic speaking person who lives in Arabia or North Africa.
92. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
93. An inhabitant of ancient Thebes.
94. (prefix) Bad or erroneous or lack of.
97. A fee charged for exchanging currencies.
99. A student who studies excessively.
100. The residue that remains when something is burned.
101. In bed.
102. Acquire or gain knowledge or skills.
103. The cardinal number that is the sum of one and one and one.
1. (British) A recreational facility including a swimming pool for water sports.
2. An organization of countries formed in 1961 to agree on a common policy for the sale of petroleum.
3. Greenish-yellow pear.
4. Annual or perennial herbs with large leaves that resemble the leaves of cabbages.
5. Imperial dynasty that ruled China (most of the time) from 206 BC to 221 and expanded its boundaries and developed its bureaucracy.
6. A hormone produced by the anterior pituitary gland that stimulates the adrenal cortex.
7. Functioning correctly and ready for action.
8. Type genus of the Anatidae.
9. (euphemistic) "he is deceased".
10. A receptacle for the ash from smokers' cigars or cigarettes.
11. Mature female of mammals of which the male is called `buck'.
12. Of or relating to apnea.
13. (British informal) Stark naked.
14. A very young child (birth to 1 year) who has not yet begun to walk or talk.
15. A blue dyestuff obtained from the woad plant.
21. Dried bark of the cascara buckthorn used as a laxative.
23. Type genus of the Alcidae comprising solely the razorbill.
27. Inability to coordinate voluntary muscle movements.
29. A condition in which little or no bile is secreted or the flow of bile into the digestive tract is obstructed.
33. A long slender cigar.
34. A state in northwestern North America.
35. Fearless and daring.
36. Lean white flesh of fish similar to but smaller than cod.
38. Genus of poisonous plants of temperate regions of northern hemisphere.
39. A long slender cigar.
41. A white metallic element that burns with a brilliant light.
43. Military action involving the use of electromagnetic energy to determine or exploit or reduce or prevent hostile use of the electromagnetic spectrum.
47. The large trunk artery that carries blood from the left ventricle of the heart to branch arteries.
49. (Old Testament) The son of Abraham who was cast out after the birth of Isaac.
51. (Old Testament) The second patriarch.
53. A radioactive transuranic element.
57. The branch of engineering science that studies the uses of electricity and the equipment for power generation and distribution and the control of machines and communication.
59. The season when the leaves fall from the trees.
61. A decree that prohibits something.
63. Manufactured in standard sizes to be shipped and assembled elsewhere.
65. A salt or ester of xanthic acid.
66. First in order of importance.
72. Coming into existence.
73. (British informal) Stark naked.
74. A rare silvery (usually trivalent) metallic element.
75. United States comedian and actor in silent films noted for his acrobatic skills and deadpan face (1895-1966).
78. A flat wing-shaped process or winglike part of an organism.
79. Belonging to or befitting a supreme ruler.
80. A midwestern state in north central United States.
81. German chemist noted for the synthetic production of ammonia (1868-1934).
82. A light strong brittle gray toxic bivalent metallic element.
83. (Greek mythology) Goddess of discord.
84. A vigorous blow.
86. Kamarupan languages spoken in northeastern India and western Burma.
87. An open receptacle for holding or displaying or serving articles or food.
88. An Iranian language spoken in Afghanistan.
89. (prefix) Within.
91. A light touch or stroke.
95. A soft silvery metallic element of the alkali earth group.
96. A public promotion of some product or service.
98. A heavy brittle metallic element of the platinum group.