1. The elementary stages of any subject (usually plural).
4. Title for the former hereditary monarch of Iran.
8. South American armadillo with three bands of bony plates.
12. A British imperial capacity unit (liquid or dry) equal to 5 fluid ounces or 142.066 cubic centimeters.
16. The month following April and preceding June.
17. Used as a Hindi courtesy title.
18. Type genus of the Ranidae.
19. Radioactive iodine test that measures the amount of radioactive iodine taken up by the thyroid gland.
20. A federal agency that supervises carriers that transport goods and people between states.
21. An organic compound that contains a hydroxyl group bonded to a carbon atom which in turn is doubly bonded to another carbon atom.
22. Decapod having eyes on short stalks and a broad flattened carapace with a small abdomen folded under the thorax and pincers.
23. Any culture medium that uses agar as the gelling agent.
24. A fraudulent business scheme.
26. The complete duration of something.
28. Refuse to acknowledge.
30. Relating to the deepest parts of the ocean (below 6000 meters).
32. A bivalent and trivalent metallic element of the rare earth group.
33. Having help.
35. The blood group whose red cells carry both the A and B antigens.
38. (used colloquially) Having the relationship of friends or pals.
42. Someone who copies the words or behavior of another.
45. The syllable naming the fourth (subdominant) note of the diatonic scale in solmization.
46. Cubes of meat marinated and cooked on a skewer usually with vegetables.
47. Fallow deer.
48. A caustic detergent useful for removing grease.
50. (Old Testament) The first of the major Hebrew prophets (8th century BC).
53. Failing to speak or communicate etc when expected to.
54. Committee formed by a special-interest group to raise money for their favorite political candidates.
55. Tropical woody herb with showy yellow flowers and flat pods.
56. A member of the Siouan people formerly inhabiting the Black Hills of western South Dakota.
59. Eruption on a mucous membrane (as the inside of the mouth) occurring as a symptom of a disease.
62. The United Nations agency concerned with civil aviation.
64. The biblical name for ancient Syria.
65. Pig-sized tailless South American amphibious rodent with partly webbed feet.
66. (Babylonian) A goddess of the watery deep and daughter of Ea.
67. An international organization created in 1949 by the North Atlantic Treaty for purposes of collective security.
68. An evergreen tree of the family Ulmaceae that grows in tropical America and Africa and Asia.
69. Kamarupan languages spoken in northeastern India and western Burma.
71. A blast of a horn.
72. Made agreeably cold (especially by ice).
77. An artificial language for international use that rejects rejects all existing words and is based instead on an abstract analysis of ideas.
78. Small short-billed auk abundant in arctic regions.
81. Preventing movement.
85. A nearly horizontal passage from the surface into a mine.
86. The capital and largest city of Georgia on the Kura river.
87. Submerged aquatic plant having narrow leaves and small flowers.
90. Large fan palms of tropical Asia to Australia.
92. Type genus of the family Ixodidae.
94. A nucleic acid that transmits genetic information from DNA to the cytoplasm.
95. A tight embrace.
96. Any of a class of solid or semisolid viscous substances obtained either as exudations from certain plants or prepared by polymerization of simple molecules.
98. A river in north central Switzerland that runs northeast into the Rhine.
99. A proinflammatory cytokine that is produced by white blood cells (monocytes and macrophages).
100. A constellation in the southern hemisphere near Telescopium and Norma.
101. Paper with a crinkled texture.
102. Fastener consisting of a resinous composition that is plastic when warm.
103. Headdress that protects the head from bad weather.
1. An American follower of the Mennonite Bishop Amman.
2. An indehiscent fruit derived from a single ovary having one or many seeds within a fleshy wall or pericarp.
3. Any tropical gymnosperm of the order Cycadales.
4. The compass point that is one point east of due south.
5. A special way of doing something.
6. A dark-skinned member of a race of people living in Australia when Europeans arrived.
7. Small genus of erect balsam-scented herbs.
8. Type genus of the family Arcidae.
9. A river in northeastern Brazil that flows generally northward to the Atlantic Ocean.
10. (Irish) Mother of the ancient Irish gods.
11. Marked by excessive enthusiasm for and intense devotion to a cause or idea.
12. The father of your father or mother.
13. The villain in William Shakespeare's tragedy who tricked Othello into murdering his wife.
14. A person who has lied or who lies repeatedly.
15. Qualities that attract by seeming to promise some kind of reward.
25. A flat-bottomed volcanic crater that was formed by an explosion.
27. A large fan consisting of a frame covered with canvas that is suspended from the ceiling.
29. A crystalline rock that can be cut and polished for jewelry.
31. 16 ounces.
34. A resident of Idaho.
36. Someone who takes spoils or plunder (as in war).
37. The overhead upper surface of a room.
39. Small buffalo of Mindoro in the Philippines.
40. Someone who copies the words or behavior of another.
41. Japanese admiral who planned the attack on Pearl Harbor in 1941 (1884-1943).
43. Involving two dimensions.
44. The act of escaping physically.
49. An unfortunate happening that hinders of impedes.
51. Large ornamental tropical American tree with bipinnate leaves and globose clusters of flowers with crimson stamens and sweet-pulp seed pods eaten by cattle.
52. A white metallic element that burns with a brilliant light.
57. Compelled forcibly by an outside agency.
58. A flowering shrub.
60. Extreme excess.
61. (astronomy) The angular distance of a celestial point measured westward along the celestial equator from the zenith crossing.
63. An independent agency of the United States government responsible for collecting and coordinating intelligence and counterintelligence activities abroad in the national interest.
70. Oily poisonous liquid amine obtained from nitrobenzene and used to make dyes and plastics and medicines.
71. Type genus of the family Arcidae.
73. After a negative statement used as an intensive meaning something like `likewise' or `also'.
74. Corrupt morally or by intemperance or sensuality.
75. A family of fish in the order Zeomorphi.
76. Gaudy and showy but valueless.
79. The sensation that results when olfactory receptors in the nose are stimulated by particular chemicals in gaseous form.
80. Light wispy precipitation that evaporates before it reaches the ground (especially when the lower air is low in humidity).
82. A commercially prepared mixture of dry ingredients.
83. Either of two muscles of the abdomen and pelvis that flex the trunk and rotate the thigh.
84. The distance around a person's body.
85. A colorless and odorless inert gas.
88. A former copper coin of Pakistan.
89. Informal or slang terms for mentally irregular.
91. A communist nation that covers a vast territory in eastern Asia.
93. A period marked by distinctive character or reckoned from a fixed point or event.
97. The sciences concerned with gathering and manipulating and storing and retrieving and classifying recorded information.