1. A watery solution of sugars, salts, and minerals that circulates through the vascular system of a plant.
4. A science (or group of related sciences) dealing with the logic of quantity and shape and arrangement.
9. A member of the Shoshonean people of northeastern Arizona.
13. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
16. An index of the cost of all goods and services to a typical consumer.
17. (anatomy) Of or relating to the ilium.
18. Evergreen trees and shrubs having oily one-seeded fruits.
19. Top part of an apron.
20. An organization of countries formed in 1961 to agree on a common policy for the sale of petroleum.
22. A coarse lace.
24. Affect with wonder.
26. A characteristic language of a particular group (as among thieves).
28. A part of the cell containing DNA and RNA and responsible for growth and reproduction.
30. A public promotion of some product or service.
31. Either of two large African antelopes of the genus Taurotragus having short spirally twisted horns in both sexes.
33. Slender bristlelike appendage found on the bracts of grasses.
35. Make numb or insensitive.
38. United States playwright (1906-1963).
42. Carbon fuel produced by distillation of coal.
46. A structure consisting of something wound in a continuous series of loops.
47. Boiled or baked buckwheat.
48. South American cavy.
51. A rotating disk shaped to convert circular into linear motion.
52. A flat float (usually made of logs or planks) that can be used for transport or as a platform for swimmers.
53. An erratic deflection from an intended course.
55. A person with unusual powers of foresight.
57. Of or being the lowest female voice.
58. Advanced in years.
59. A theocratic republic in the Middle East in western Asia.
60. An independent agency of the United States government responsible for collecting and coordinating intelligence and counterintelligence activities abroad in the national interest.
65. A member of a Turkic people of Uzbekistan and neighboring areas.
67. A drug (trade names Atarax and Vistaril) used as a tranquilizer to treat anxiety and motion sickness.
70. A small round soft mass (as of chewed food).
71. A chronic inflammatory collagen disease affecting connective tissue (skin or joints).
72. A light touch or stroke.
74. Seeming unaffected by pleasure or pain.
75. A strip of land projecting into a body of water.
77. The part of the nervous system of vertebrates that controls involuntary actions of the smooth muscles and heart and glands.
78. Of or relating to or characteristic of Thailand of its people.
80. A city in southern Turkey on the Seyhan River.
82. A large body of water constituting a principal part of the hydrosphere.
84. A coffee cake flavored with orange rind and raisins and almonds.
88. A floor covering.
91. Island in West Indies.
93. A river in north central Switzerland that runs northeast into the Rhine.
94. (Old Testament) In Judeo-Christian mythology.
95. A sock with a separation for the big toe.
97. A German art song of the 19th century for voice and piano.
98. A benevolent aspect of Devi.
99. An upholstered seat for more than one person.
100. A detailed description of design criteria for a piece of work.
101. A river in central Europe that arises in northwestern Czechoslovakia and flows northward through Germany to empty into the North Sea.
102. East Indian tree bearing a profusion of intense vermilion velvet-textured blooms and yielding a yellow dye.
1. An area in which something acts or operates or has power or control.
2. Strike with disgust or revulsion.
3. A representation of the Virgin Mary mourning over the dead body of Jesus.
4. Destruction of heart tissue resulting from obstruction of the blood supply to the heart muscle.
5. Voluntary contributions to aid the poor.
6. Brief episode in which the brain gets insufficient blood supply.
7. Small striped semiterrestrial eastern American squirrel with cheek pouches.
8. Make crunching noises.
9. Having a feeling of home.
10. A spread made chiefly from vegetable oils and used as a substitute for butter.
11. The 17th letter of the Hebrew alphabet.
12. A plant hormone promoting elongation of stems and roots.
13. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
14. An ancient Egyptian city on the west bank of the Nile opposite Cairo.
15. In bed.
21. A composition for orchestra and a soloist.
23. Characterized by toilsome effort to the point of exhaustion.
25. A family of languages spoken by people scattered throughout central India.
27. A state in the Rocky Mountains.
29. A silvery soft waxy metallic element of the alkali metal group.
32. The law enforcement agency in the Justice Department.
34. Pan with a convex bottom.
36. An actor who communicates entirely by gesture and facial expression.
37. (Scottish) Bluish-black or gray-blue.
39. Variety of endive having leaves with irregular frilled edges.
40. Large egg-shaped structures of gray matter that form the dorsal subdivision of the diencephalon.
41. The quality of being alike.
43. Make opalescent.
44. An oral cephalosporin (trade names Keflex and Keflin and Keftab) commonly prescribe for mild to moderately severe infections of the skin or ears or throat or lungs or urinary tract.
45. A small canoe consisting of a light frame made watertight with animal skins.
49. Garment consisting of sweat pants and a sweatshirt.
50. Baby bed with high sides.
54. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
56. Genus of often thorny tropical trees and shrubs and some vines.
61. Jordan's port.
62. Capable of being raised.
63. Being nine more than eighty.
64. A Russian river.
66. A benign epithelial tumor of glandular origin.
67. Destruction of heart tissue resulting from obstruction of the blood supply to the heart muscle.
68. Lacking motor coordination.
69. A rotary duplicator that uses a stencil through which ink is pressed (trade mark Roneo).
73. A soft silvery metallic element of the alkali earth group.
76. Valuable fiber plant of East Indies now widespread in cultivation.
79. The address where a person lives.
81. (Roman mythology) A princess of Tyre who was the founder and queen of Carthage.
82. A hard gray lustrous metallic element that is highly corrosion-resistant.
83. Horny plate covering and protecting part of the dorsal surface of the digits.
85. (computer science) A data transmission rate (bits/second) for modems.
86. God of love and erotic desire.
87. Any of various strong liquors distilled from the fermented sap of toddy palms or from fermented molasses.
89. Acute delirium caused by alcohol poisoning.
90. (Scotland) A small loaf or roll of soft bread.
91. The branch of engineering science that studies the uses of electricity and the equipment for power generation and distribution and the control of machines and communication.
92. God of the earth.
96. A light strong brittle gray toxic bivalent metallic element.